ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 remixes vs RS remixes Return to archive
5th March 2006 03:03 PM
Paranoid_Android Honestly...I was never a fan of U2 untill I first heard Achtung Baby...It was (and continues to be) a GREAT album.
Since then...they have had IMO only a number of "passible" releases but a fair number of really good songs among the muck....

BUT...one thing I must say is they really have the best remixes/club versions of their songs...right up there w/ Madonna and her remixes...better than the Stones have ever released...I heard a FANTASTIC dance version of VERTIGO last nite...which inspired me to write this. I really wish the Stones would do more w/ remixes...or let well known DJ/MCs remix a few...Paul Oakenfold...Dust Brothers...Crystal Method...Fatboy Slim...could ALL do the songs (rough) justice...

For the record...I think Bono does alot of good for awareness and high profiling REAL causes......but he is still an idiot and needs to get off his morality wagon.
5th March 2006 04:15 PM
speedfreakjive u2's remixes are generally well thought of because they get the best re-mixers in. The Perfecto remix of 'Even Better Than The Real Thing' is maybe the best remix ever.
5th March 2006 06:36 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
u2's remixes are generally well thought of because they get the best re-mixers in. The Perfecto remix of 'Even Better Than The Real Thing' is maybe the best remix ever.

That's Oakie for you...no reason the Stones Can't do it as well or better!!!
5th March 2006 06:41 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

That's Oakie for you...no reason the Stones Can't do it as well or better!!!

Ok, can you imagine a dance remix of Bitch; that would be awesome, there are so many Stones songs which would be ace as remixes. The 12" version of Mixed Emotions equals the original IMO.
I like your signature PA!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
5th March 2006 06:57 PM
PeerQueer The recent Sympathy remix is SMOKIN! It got a lot of club play last year...
5th March 2006 06:59 PM
The Eggman Stones remixes eh?...I heard this one of a kind Satisfaction remix at a local club...it was butchered (i mean remixed) by a techno/dance artist Benni Benassi and his hit called...well u guessed it, Satisfaction....sounded..hmmm....diffrent?
5th March 2006 07:23 PM
RollingstonesUSA Can anybody list all the remixes that the Stones have had, thanks....
5th March 2006 08:00 PM
Paranoid_Android You should try to listen to "There is No Satisfaction" by Manfred Hubler & Siegfried Schwab...you can find it on the hard to find soundtrack to VAMPYROS LESBOS (Sexadelic Dance Party)...not a remix...but a great 60's go-go psychedelic song featuring the basic chords of Satisfaction...I could upload it if someone knows one of thse uploading sites...I cant remember them. PM me w/ info.
5th March 2006 09:40 PM
Soldatti The most successful Stones songs since 1998 in US were 2 remixes: SFTD in 2003 and Rain Fall Down now. The rock tracks as DS, RJ or ONNYA didn't work so well in the charts.
5th March 2006 10:33 PM
Stonesthrow The Stones don't need their songs remixed (except for the possibility of making stereo versions of mono songs).
6th March 2006 07:36 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
The Stones don't need their songs remixed (except for the possibility of making stereo versions of mono songs).

That's correct...they don't need their songs remixed...but there is a good market for them and like many other folks out there...I enjoy a good remix/dance/club version of alot of songs and even purchase them on iTunes all the time.
6th March 2006 07:58 AM
Jumacfly Here the video of Rain Fall Down is broadcasted with the Will I Am remix which is great IMHFO.
6th March 2006 09:00 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The most successful Stones songs since 1998 in US were 2 remixes: SFTD in 2003 and Rain Fall Down now. The rock tracks as DS, RJ or ONNYA didn't work so well in the charts.

Sadly, rock tracks as a whole don't do so well on the charts anymore, unless of course its the rock radio chart.
6th March 2006 11:21 AM
egon those love is strong, out of control & seen my baby remixes
are very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very
very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very
very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very.... un-hearable.

6th March 2006 11:24 AM
egon VERY!
6th March 2006 12:47 PM
pdog
quote:
egon wrote:
VERY!

Great avatar....
6th March 2006 04:10 PM
egon
quote:
pdog wrote:

Great avatar....

In honor of the great people i had the pleassure of greeting
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)