ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What If They Play This Song.... Return to archive
5th March 2006 10:51 AM
RollingstonesUSA I dont why I love this song, but if they played Almost Hear You Sigh, I would go crazy....lol
5th March 2006 11:29 AM
Gazza I'd like to think you like it simply because its a fucking wonderful song!
5th March 2006 12:19 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd like to think you like it simply because its a fucking wonderful song!

Yes, INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th March 2006 01:31 PM
MidnightRambler Keith's solo still fuckin melts me
5th March 2006 01:38 PM
Flairville I don't understand why it's never been played since 1990. The Tokyo 90 version is incredible. They played Sad, Sad, Sad and Rock and a Hard Place on the previous tours but not this. Its a shame.
5th March 2006 02:26 PM
gimmekeef The tokyo version is certainly one of the best booted songs I have ever heard....It would be a great addition to the setlist...
5th March 2006 04:57 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The tokyo version is certainly one of the best booted songs I have ever heard....It would be a great addition to the setlist...

Amen !!!!

Tokyo ( The Egg ) '90 is a MUST simply because of " Almost Hear You Sigh " . Word . To your Great Great Grandpappys !

J. " Pass the Biscuits Pappy " Fly !

5th March 2006 06:45 PM
speedfreakjive I can't see what you guys see in this song. Its average IMO.
5th March 2006 07:45 PM
exile
quote:
Flairville wrote:
They played Sad, Sad, Sad

Im not sorry Sad, Sad, Sad isnt played anymore. Never liked that song.

I do like Almost hear you Sigh though, although I have never heard it live or Tokoyo 90'.

5th March 2006 08:59 PM
Soldatti I don't know why they didn't play their last big hit (Mixed Emotions) since 1990. I know that it's a hard song to do onstage (Mick words) but come on, they can change the tempo.
5th March 2006 09:05 PM
Dan It smokes most of the hair band power ballads of the day. Nice modern sound to it, sounded great live. Not sure if I would throw it in the ballad slot but would still take it over Angie, Ruby Tuesday or As Tears Go By.
6th March 2006 01:26 AM
Child of the Moon I've never been a huge fan... BUT, I agree that it would be a great addition to the tour in progress. It would be a nice surprise, especially to take the place of one of the warhorse ballads.
6th March 2006 01:40 AM
Altamont I dig it!

Here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paD9EyELkMI&search=rolling%20stones
6th March 2006 06:59 AM
Break The Spell Great song, you get a good classical guitar solo by Keith and then an electric one from Ronnie. The way some feel about the second half of Tattoo You is how I feel about the second half of Steel Wheels, you get a little bit of everything on the latter half of that album. It would be nice to see some of it back in the live set, though on the licks tour Keith did do Slipping Away now and then.
6th March 2006 07:15 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Great song, you get a good classical guitar solo by Keith and then an electric one from Ronnie. The way some feel about the second half of Tattoo You is how I feel about the second half of Steel Wheels, you get a little bit of everything on the latter half of that album. It would be nice to see some of it back in the live set, though on the licks tour Keith did do Slipping Away now and then.

If I had to pick a song from SW, it would be break the spell or terrifyng...the groove on this one is excellent.
Almost hear you sigh is good but can t compete with Beast of Burden or Wild Horses.
6th March 2006 08:54 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

If I had to pick a song from SW, it would be break the spell or terrifyng...the groove on this one is excellent.
Almost hear you sigh is good but can t compete with Beast of Burden or Wild Horses.

Correct on that, but as far as the last 6 studio albums go, Almost Hear You Sigh easily makes my top 10.
6th March 2006 09:23 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Correct on that, but as far as the last 6 studio albums go, Almost Hear You Sigh easily makes my top 10.

you shall be greeted!!
6th March 2006 10:05 AM
glencar I agree with Julian; Break The Smell is awesome! And Terrifying is another good one. Suddenly I'm in a Steel Wheels kind of mood...
6th March 2006 11:45 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree with Julian; Break The Smell is awesome! And Terrifying is another good one. Suddenly I'm in a Steel Wheels kind of mood...

And I thought I was one of the only Stones freaks to hold this album in such high regard. Its not one of their best, but its a very, very good album and jump-started their career after Dirty Work and the fueding years.
6th March 2006 01:52 PM
Joey " Suddenly I'm in a Steel Wheels kind of mood..."

< ---- I LIKE That !!!!!

Me too Lil' Fella

Me too .................................

6th March 2006 02:42 PM
Break The Spell My favorite concert opening is still on the SW tour when they used the middle section of Continental Drift.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)