ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Give me two Keef!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman Hits Out at Mick Jagger Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th March 2006 11:11 AM
FPM C10
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Next thing you'll tell me is that Ry Cooder didn't write all of the songs on "Paradise and Lunch."

Nope. Bill Wyman wrote 'em!

Next thing you know you'll be telling me Joey didn't come up with that "typing with my nipples" gag!
6th March 2006 11:17 AM
nanatod "Nope. Bill Wyman wrote 'em!"

I knew that "All over now" was Wyman's. But "Tamp em up solid?"
6th March 2006 11:24 AM
Joey " Next thing you know you'll be telling me Joey didn't come up with that "typing with my nipples" gag! "

You make Joey smile .
6th March 2006 11:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
One week he seems to show respect for the band and says he'd even rejoin for a brief tour of England, the next week he seems angry and lashes out at them for riping him off. I personally think Bill's a great bass player, but he just can't seem to make up his mind on his former band mates.

I think a lot of it is down to the type of journalism you're dealing with and the emphasis on certain answers to what are often loaded questions

If you were to ask Bill 20 questions on his career with the Stones and 19 of them were answered with positive and glowing recollections but one of them was a honest answer on something like being ripped off for a song credit, its pretty obvious which one will get a headline. Which isnt his fault, necessarily. Like I've said earlier, read the whole published interview. Its NOT a bitter series of answers by any means and its quite clear that he still has good relationships with all of the Stones. Even Keith, to some degree (which surprised me). And what gripes he (justifiably) may have regarding song credits arent really anything we havent heard before.

the talk of him rejoining comes from the same interview as this one. Its not like its two separate ones a week or so apart
6th March 2006 11:45 AM
glencar Same interview? LOL
6th March 2006 11:50 AM
Gazza yep..every Bill quote you've seen rehashed in the last week has come from the same one page interview in this month's UNCUT
6th March 2006 11:56 AM
Break The Spell I'll have to check out that Uncut if its all coming from this months issue. They have really good stuff, it does cost a bit more than a regular magazine because its an import for me. I like the cds that come with them, they put out some good ones 4 years ago that had a bunch of different artists doing Stones covers. I liked the Blind Boys of Alabama doing "I Just Want To See His Face" and Cat Power's "Satisfaction".
6th March 2006 12:02 PM
Gazza http://www.uncut.co.uk/

the new one is the issue with Paul Weller on the front
6th March 2006 01:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

EH? the whole interview is lifted from the one published the other day in UNCUT

In fairness to Bill, although hes said this stuff many times before, hes only responding to questions that an interviewer asks him.

If anyone reads the entire interview, its quite evident that its far from a case of him "hitting out" as this cut and paste job suggests

this is why I no longer give interviews without approving of the questions, I have been taken out of context far too many times.
6th March 2006 02:46 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

this is why I no longer give interviews without approving of the questions, I have been taken out of context far too many times.

You turned my interview down just because of the question "Of all the wonderful things The Joshua Tree album has given us, which do find the most inspirational"?? I'm still hurt to be honest...
[Edited by Break The Spell]
6th March 2006 04:28 PM
kath
quote:
You turned my interview down just because of the question "Of all the wonderful things The Joshua Tree album has given us, which do find the most inspirational"??

damn! i meant to ask that!!!!!
7th March 2006 07:03 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
kath wrote:

damn! i meant to ask that!!!!!

Maybe he'll be more open to discuss their latter day albums, give it a shot. :}
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)