ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mixing Little Queenie for Ya Ya's - January 1970
Stand Still from "Gimme Shelter"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worried About Ronnie Return to archive
03-01-04 04:17 PM
Poplar I taped the Charlie Rose interview with Ronnie last week and watched it over the weekend.

Something didn't seem right. When Ronnie was asked about his staying off the bottle, his response was awkward. YES, this is just my opinion, but that's what it looked like to me. He was also very subdued, very quiet, and very laconic. simply put, Rose did a lot more of the talking during the course of the interview than Ronnie did. I was looking forward to seeing it.. then, the whole way through i thought, is everything right here? maybe he was just in a REAL mellow mood.

Then Monday - i come in to work and read about "Ronnie drinking again" ... "Ronnie throws tantrum." I don't want to give these reports too much credit, but after seeing the Rose interview, i kinda wonder about the man myself. please someone, tell me i'm wrong.

However - the new album reports are great to hear. Any confirmation that they have official plans for new work would really put my mind at ease. lately, i've been feeling like the stones were drifting. As per these Ronnie stories, true or false, i feel like all these problems arise when they're not together as the Stones, ya know? When they are touring, things seem more even keel.
love ya ronnie. take car of yo-self, brother.

03-01-04 05:12 PM
erikjjf The "Ronnie throws tantrum" article was rubbish.
03-01-04 05:50 PM
Some Guy I missed that interview. But I'm drinking again!
03-01-04 05:56 PM
Poplar
Some Guy - the barometer for all wagon fallers.

i wish SOMEONE had seen this interview. I would have had more to say about Ronnie than Ronnie did. he was not his bubbly self. it bummed me out a bit.

(also nice to have the site working again now. god it was slow earlier today)
03-01-04 06:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, dealing with alkies and drug addicts is a heart breaking bitch. My hat's off to Mick.
03-01-04 08:45 PM
Lazy Bones My hat's off to Jo.
03-01-04 09:46 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
My hat's off to Jo.

MY PANTS ARE OFF TO JO
03-01-04 11:23 PM
Poplar
heh heh - good one perks

BEST VIEWED HIGH