ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mixing Little Queenie for Ya Ya's - January 1970
Stand Still from "Gimme Shelter"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's "cousins" Return to archive
03-01-04 01:05 AM
sandrew Keith, in a 1994 interview, said all his riffs are "cousins." He specifically cited the kinship of "Love Is Strong" and "Wicked As It Seems."

In that spirit, let's think of more:

"Wicked" is "Love" is "Lowdown" is the live version of "Stray Cat Blues"

The bridge of "Wicked" is a repeat of "Too Tough"

"Make No Mistake" is "Anyway You Look At It"

"Demon" is "You Got Away With Murder"

"Take It So Hard" is "Mixed Emotions"

"Hold Back" is the bridge of "Struggle"

Lyrically, "Words of Wonder" is a cousin of "You Don't Have To Mean It," complete with a "drippin' from your lips" repeat.

From "Wicked," there's a "soften the blow" reappearance in "Thief In The Night."

Who's got more? Riffs or lyrics

03-01-04 01:40 AM
ResidentMule "Wicked" is "Love" is "Lowdown" is the live version of "Stray Cat Blues"

wicked as it seems and love is strong are obviously similar - i don't agree on the other 2 though
03-01-04 01:55 AM
Blind Dog McGhee Whoa, need to clear head to figure those out.
03-01-04 01:59 AM
ResidentMule can't say I see the connection between Make No Mistake(love that song) and Anyway You Look At It(hate that one) - but I think its been about 6 years since I've heard Anyway You Look At It - so I could be wrong. from what I remember it was a little bit closer to Thru & Thru - but I might've just pulled that one completely out of thin air
03-01-04 03:30 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Just one thing....are Keiths "cousins" as SEXYYY as he is? I think some of them are because he is the "Riff Master"~~~~~~~
03-01-04 12:55 PM
sandrew The "Lowdown" riff is cut straight from "Wicked/Love." You notice after the big opening D chord -- he slips in the same riff as "Wicked" and "Love," which also became the new intro to "Stray Cat Blues."

"Anyway You Look At It" employs the exact same Fdim-to-A progression as "Make No Mistake."

... I just thought of another one. "Hand of Fate" and "How I Wish."

BEST VIEWED HIGH