ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mixing Little Queenie for Ya Ya's - January 1970
Stand Still from "Gimme Shelter"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie lost his shit! Return to archive
02-28-04 09:00 AM
nankerphelge Rolling Stone Ron Wood throws gallery tantrum

Sun-Sentinel wires
Posted February 27 2004

Rolling Stones star Ronnie Wood stunned art lovers at a New York exhibition of his paintings when he stormed out in a rage because organizers had changed the location of his works.

Wood was infuriated at discovering his portraits of stars including Jimi Hendrix,Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, Fats Domino, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan and Muhammad Ali had been re-positioned at the Pop International Gallery in Manhattan.

A shocked onlooker claims, "He stormed all over the gallery lugging the giant artworks around and shouting at underlings."

And Wood's tantrum was caught on camera by a British TV crew filming the event - something that enraged the guitar veteran even more.

02-28-04 09:08 AM
throbby Maybe Keith is rubbing off on him?
02-28-04 09:11 AM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
And Wood's tantrum was caught on camera by a British TV crew filming the event - something that enraged the guitar veteran even more.

And where would one find this bit of film online?
02-28-04 09:13 AM
nankerphelge Exactly!

Kinda hard to imagine Ronnie pissed off short of someone stealing his ciggies!!
02-28-04 09:19 AM
egon i am standing by to download
02-28-04 09:22 AM
nankerphelge I can't find it -- wonder who taped it.
02-28-04 09:29 AM
egon me neither.

did find this though:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/76161.stm
02-28-04 09:53 AM
nankerphelge Yep -- I remember that Ronnie dropped a joint!
02-28-04 09:53 AM
LadyJane egon...please..my hangover..remember??

Here I am thinking the Stones are about to play RIO...then I read the date of the article..1998!!

I also find it hard to believe that Woody threw a "diva-like" tantrum. I want proof!! Then again...sobriety may do that to you..I personally wouldn't know!

LJ.
02-28-04 11:12 AM
Monkey Woman This sounds like more tabloidish fact twisting. Read the accounts of Miraklwkr and Durtysox at Shidoobee who were at said expo:

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=7440.topic

A tempest in a cup of tea!
02-29-04 09:38 PM
stonedinaustralia there was a report in our Sunday paper down here saying Mick was concerned that ronnie has gone back to binge drinking now the tour is over - article said mick said he wanted ronnie to go back to rehab - anybody else hear anything??
03-01-04 10:10 PM
TomL No body can play Love In Vein live like Ronnieeee. Lets all get together in Jamacia for five years? We can talk this over a few thousand joints.
[Edited by TomL]

BEST VIEWED HIGH