ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mixing Little Queenie for Ya Ya's - January 1970
Stand Still from "Gimme Shelter"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I really enjoyed..... Return to archive
02-28-04 08:37 AM
Some Guy Lost In Translation.(not that theres anything wrong with that)
I gotta see it again before I return it. Not bad at all, despite what I heard. It was funny, I laughed a bit. Last night I was in a good frame of mind and I got it. Plus my wife liked it so I will probably have to buy that and Punch Drunk Love.
Stones 04!
02-28-04 08:39 AM
Moonisup yeah, great and funny movie, not the standard "hugh grant" kinda stuff
02-28-04 09:14 AM
egon i liked it a lot!

but the big Q is; what did he say to her at the end?
02-28-04 01:04 PM
quackenbush All I could think throughout the movie was that the girl needed to stop moaning and get a job. Maybe the movie should have been called:

Shut the Fuck Up and Get a Job

I don't know if it would fit on the Marquee though.
02-28-04 02:58 PM
caro
quote:
quackenbush wrote:
Shut the Fuck Up and Get a Job

That's funny, quackenbush : I saw it yesterday with a friend, and we wondered if we would have had the same reaction as you, had we seen it another day. But since we happened to be quite elegantly stoned that evening (white wine + cumin popcorn, WTF?!), we were in the right kind of mood. I really liked the film. But I can see why it irritates you.
Anyway. "Lat pack"...that was cool!
02-28-04 08:25 PM
Some Guy Ya gotta be in that special mood, right frame of mind kinda thang for sure.
02-29-04 08:29 PM
quackenbush I lived in Tokyo for a little more than two years, so I was all set to enjoy the movie. It was nice to see some familiar sites, like the train station in Omote Sando (sic).

I just loathed the characters, but they seemed to loathe themselves.
03-02-04 05:07 PM
Some Guy I will make this my next dvd purchase.

BEST VIEWED HIGH