ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mixing Little Queenie for Ya Ya's - January 1970
Stand Still from "Gimme Shelter"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: chicago 9.23.97 Pro shot! Return to archive
02-28-04 05:57 AM
marko Well,,,i�m about to tree this pkg,sometime in the future.
But my problem is that,,,other one is PAL,2nd version is
NTSC.If i want to mix it,to get as complete as possible,would it be bad idea to use both?Or would people
have problems watching it?Its up to your TV,not player.
But,i wanna hear YOUR opinions first.Because,if PAL isn�t ok
for all,i need one more ntsc version.Heres some info.
PAL(version one) starts with 5mins of "aud" noice,then the
intro&satisfaction.This tape ends at,middle of sympathy!
Also few songs were missing,,somewhere between.

NTSC(version two):starts right from intro.no b-stage if i
remember correctly,,but rest of the show is complete.Ends
to Brown sugar.

i also have the rehearsals on PRO quality,,only 45mins.
But i�m about to tree the whole pkg in the future.

ideas are all welcome.

02-28-04 08:09 AM
Monkey Woman Sounds great, marko! If you tree that package, I'll volunteer as a branch. The problem with NTSC/PAl is that not all DVD players and TV sets can play both. AFAIK, there's no problem if you watch DVDs on your computer's DVD player and watch it on the monitor. Most softwares are able to play both.

I'm far from a video expert, but I think it's impossible to combine a PAL segment and an NTSC segment into one without converting into the same format. PAL is of course the norm in Europe (except France but all video equipment sold here is PAL-compatible) but I've seen lots of TV and home theater sets here that are able to play NTSC videos and DVDs.
02-28-04 08:14 AM
marko I'm far from a video expert, but I think it's impossible to combine a PAL segment and an NTSC segment into one without converting into the same format. PAL is of course the norm in Europe (except France but all video equipment sold here is PAL-compatible) but I've seen lots of TV and home theater sets here that are able to play NTSC videos and DVDs.

Well,when it comes to watch/copy dvd�s,it really doesn�t
matter,is it PAL or NTSC.It only matter what is your area
code on DVD player.So,i can mix ntsc&pal together.
But the problem is your TV!its to that really.we spoke
about this about a year ago,here at the board....(about a year).
Does anyone have the "1st" version on perfect NTSC quality?
02-28-04 05:29 PM
mac_daddy you can transcode the video and change the frame rate, but that is long and involved...

I do not know of many standalone players that do both NTSC and PAL. I do know that software players handle everything. So if you use a computer to scale the image and feed it to a HD monitor or projector, you are in luck...

if you have a standalone, NTSC, region 1, comsumer standalone player (and most US residents do), you are s.o.l

I fall into the former category, so fire away, Marko!! I am totally down with the idea, but I didn't get much response when I tried to seed DVDs around these parts. ymmv.
02-29-04 06:03 AM
Jumping Jack Most European players will play NTSC & PAL, but few N. American players will play PAL (although new PCs will). This make NTSC the default for trees in my opinion. Traders will have a lot more success with NTSC because there is a much bigger market for them.

I have had a friend convert 20-30 from PAL-NTSC, but it does take a lot of time. It best to try and find a copy already converted than to try and do it yourself.
02-29-04 06:15 AM
marko I can convert vhs tapes,if its necessary,but i rather not.
02-29-04 09:32 AM
MRD8 Besides missing the b-stage songs the NTSC version of Chicago 9-23-97 is also missing Ruby Tuesday, Rock & A Hard Place and Keith's All About You...
02-29-04 10:13 AM
marko no,i have all about you.so is there 3 versions?I will check
mine for one more time,interesting?
02-29-04 11:09 AM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
marko wrote:
Well,,,i�m about to tree this pkg,sometime in the future.
But my problem is that,,,other one is PAL,2nd version is
NTSC.If i want to mix it,to get as complete as possible,would it be bad idea to use both?Or would people
have problems watching it?Its up to your TV,not player.
But,i wanna hear YOUR opinions first.Because,if PAL isn�t ok
for all,i need one more ntsc version.Heres some info.
PAL(version one) starts with 5mins of "aud" noice,then the
intro&satisfaction.This tape ends at,middle of sympathy!
Also few songs were missing,,somewhere between.

NTSC(version two):starts right from intro.no b-stage if i
remember correctly,,but rest of the show is complete.Ends
to Brown sugar.

i also have the rehearsals on PRO quality,,only 45mins.
But i�m about to tree the whole pkg in the future.

ideas are all welcome.

Tree them as two discs if there is no one who can convert the formats and thow in the rehearsals too. 3 DVDs. The second Under My Thumb at rehearsals is great.
02-29-04 11:12 AM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Besides missing the b-stage songs the NTSC version of Chicago 9-23-97 is also missing Ruby Tuesday, Rock & A Hard Place and Keith's All About You...

We really need all of the songs. There is alot of gems from that show like Let It Bleed and Under My Thumb.
02-29-04 04:18 PM
MRD8 I was wrong earlier today...I just watched the 9-23-97 DVD and the missing songs besides the b-stage songs are Ruby Tuesday, Rock And A Hard Place and Keith's Wanna Hold You...you do get the last minute of The Last Time from the b-stage then it shows them walking back up the runway to the main stage as the drums for Sympathy start playing...it does contain 19th Nervous Breakdown, Under My Thumb and YCAGWYW...
03-01-04 08:00 AM
marko this is why i wanna mix these 2,they have different songs.
Mixing,they would be nearly complete.
03-01-04 06:58 PM
Paulcarr87 Marko, I'm looking forward to seeing these DVD set treed... Now what would be really great would be if someone could contribute a copy of the Double Door show on DVD which what has been talked about on here, and add that to the Chicago DVD tree.. Just a thought!!

Paul

03-02-04 01:58 AM
marko I think i will include that one as well,right now i have
other projects,but this will come out for sure.
03-02-04 10:54 AM
voodoopug I most certainly volunteer to be a branch in this tree, as long as it is ntsc format. I have not been able to get anything PAL formatted to work on my system.

BEST VIEWED HIGH