ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mixing Little Queenie for Ya Ya's - January 1970
Stand Still from "Gimme Shelter"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BANDS/ACTS THAT SUCK Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-25-04 04:10 PM
Joey " joey, will accept this rose? "

?
02-25-04 04:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
OF COURSE. Because the average tv veiwer is sterile.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-25-04 04:53 PM
Angiegirl My TV isn't sterile at all, my cat Happy tends to sleep on it.
I love Pink Floyd btw.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
02-25-04 05:00 PM
alex_taper Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Radiohead suck ????!!!!!!!

There are a million others to be named!!! All the bullshits on T.V. and neo-metal groups!!

I agree Oasis sucks really!!

02-25-04 05:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I agree with Happy Mofo. The fact that we can list these bands/artists means they don't suck in many people's minds.
They're musicians (except for some of the pop trinkets listed) and more power to them for earning a living doing what they do.<

Hey, just because I think they suck(and they do)doesn't mean that they can't earn a living. They just ain't gonna earn a living offa my music dollars. There are plenty of suckers out there that they can fleece.

And as far as people actually liking acts that suck....well, they have bad taste. Not everyone can be a paragon of good taste like me. It's not my fault that they don't know shit from shinola.

I invest a lot of time and effort into my great taste in music. I spend hours upon hours listening and reading and researching. In the end, it's only my opinion...but it is an informed opinion...and I'm always right.

You know why I'm always right? Because what other people like means nothing to my ears. I don't care if others like or dislike something...it only matters to me if I like it or not. If someone is chuffed off because I think something they like is crap...well then they better grow up and get a life. What I like should mean ZERO to them.

If you disagree with what is on my shit list, then disagree till you explode, more power to ya babe....because I don't give a fuck if you disagree or not.

Avast ye!
02-25-04 05:10 PM
Joey " Hey, just because I think they suck(and they do)doesn't mean that they can't earn a living. They just ain't gonna earn a living offa my music dollars. There are plenty of suckers out there that they can fleece. "

" And as far as people actually liking acts that suck....well, they have bad taste. Not everyone can be a paragon of good taste like me. It's not my fault that they don't know shit from shinola. "

" I invest a lot of time and effort into my great taste in music. I spend hours upon hours listening and reading and researching. In the end, it's only my opinion...but it is an informed opinion...and I'm always right. "

" You know why I'm always right? Because what other people like means nothing to my ears. I don't care if others like or dislike something...it only matters to me if I like it or not. If someone is chuffed off because I think something they like is crap...well then they better grow up and get a life. What I like should mean ZERO to them. "

" If you disagree with what is on my shit list, then disagree till you explode, more power to ya babe....because I don't give a fuck if you disagree or not.

Avast ye! "

Unbelievable

[ Edited by The Kid ]

Kid Joe !

02-25-04 05:12 PM
alex_taper LOL!!!!
02-25-04 05:12 PM
Mr T next we should make a list of topics that suck
02-25-04 05:55 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mr T wrote:
next we should make a list of topics that suck

here's a few

"is keith past it?"

"is MT better than RW?"

"should we dig up Brian?"

"fantasy set lists"

02-25-04 06:08 PM
caro
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
"is keith past it?"

"is MT better than RW?"

"should we dig up Brian?"

"fantasy set lists"

Hey, don't knock the fantasy setlists. They provide young fans with a rare and cheap opportunity to come off as genuine knowledgeable get-a-life's. Someday I'll make a list of all the invented song names that were snuck into those threads.
02-25-04 06:34 PM
stonedinaustralia ok caro - i like you so i will be nice
02-25-04 06:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
My TV isn't sterile at all, my cat Happy tends to sleep on it.
I love Pink Floyd btw.

Cats usually get it right....but not always.
02-25-04 07:52 PM
violentkind <-------Loves Pink Floyd
02-25-04 10:27 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Mr T wrote:
next we should make a list of topics that suck

..."bands/acts that suck".

Even though my taste in music over the past few years has grown, I've always respected others people's decisions. Even though I may question it. Just because I don't like a particular band, doesn't mean they suck - it means I don't like them.

I don't understand how fans of music can criticize someone for doing something they enjoy whether you like them or not.

What do you say to someone who says the Stones suck? Their opinion is no less than yours just because they don't like the Stones.

02-25-04 10:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot What do I say when someone says the Stones suck?

Nothing.

I just laugh and walk away. Why would I waste time on a schmuck that would say something like that? It's their opinion and they can keep it, but I'm not gonna be interested in anything else that person would have to say.

Dude, just because people like something does NOT mean that it doesn't still suck.

Take Journey for example. There are people who really like them. Lots and lots of people, in fact. That's all well and good...but Journey still sucks. I mean, it's just indesputable.

All this proves is that the vast majority of people have no fuckin' taste at all, or are not smart enough to realize that what they are hearing....sucks.

How else can you explain why Kenny G and Michael Bolton are so popular?
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
02-25-04 10:42 PM
Mr T its not that a thread about hte quality of music is useless, even if it is a negative one like this one. the problem is that here, everybody is so bound to their scenes. they cant grasp the concept of people saying the Ramones suck, and on the other side of the room, there's people who can't imagine not seeing Pink Floyd as brilliant. and nobody ever lightens up on their opinions ever. its a waste of fucking time. this is such a useless thread
02-25-04 10:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot >its a waste of fucking time. this is such a useless thread<

Well...yeah...but aren't most of them? I mean, c'mon, this is an internet message board...it ain't like any of this means anything. I certainly don't expect anyone to actually give a shit about what I post. It's just something I do to pass the time and entertain myself.

But if this thread is so useless, and such a waste of time to you...why are you contributing to it?
02-25-04 10:58 PM
ResidentMule bands that suck: bon jovi

list pending...
[Edited by ResidentMule]
02-25-04 11:00 PM
Mr T
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>its a waste of fucking time. this is such a useless thread<

Well...yeah...but aren't most of them? I mean, c'mon, this is an internet message board...it ain't like any of this means anything. I certainly don't expect anyone to actually give a shit about what I post. It's just something I do to pass the time and entertain myself.

But if this thread is so useless, and such a waste of time to you...why are you contributing to it?

I know, it makes no difference. like you say, its just the net
02-25-04 11:32 PM
glencar The Who suck.
02-26-04 12:21 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>If you disagree with what is on my shit list, then disagree till you explode, more power to ya babe....because I don't give a fuck if you disagree or not.<<<

Thats the thing I like about Stonesalot, he always tells it like it is, just like I do!
02-26-04 03:34 AM
fmk438j jugglers

unicyclists

stilt walking persons
02-26-04 04:42 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I invest a lot of time and effort into my great taste in music. I spend hours upon hours listening and reading and researching. In the end, it's only my opinion...but it is an informed opinion...and I'm always right.

LOL!
First time I've encountered someone who requies "reading and research" to determine what kind of music they like... how does that help you SSA? Do you need to determine how "cool" the artist is before you like their music?

it must be a joke, SSA :-)

02-26-04 07:20 AM
sirfito I forgot Oasis! My God!!!!
Cheers,
Fito
02-26-04 09:08 AM
egon if you are looking for a band that REALLY SUCKS (on stage that is);
http://www.rockbitch.co.uk/netpages/frame.html
02-26-04 11:08 AM
magicwoman -backstreet boys
-christina aguilera
-britney spears
-westlife
-eminem
-di-rect (a dutch rock boy band)
02-26-04 11:44 AM
Joey " What do I say when someone says the Stones suck?

Nothing. "

" I just laugh and walk away. Why would I waste time on a schmuck that would say something like that? It's their opinion and they can keep it, but I'm not gonna be interested in anything else that person would have to say. "

" Dude, just because people like something does NOT mean that it doesn't still suck. "

" Take Journey for example. There are people who really like them. Lots and lots of people, in fact. That's all well and good...but Journey still sucks. I mean, it's just indesputable. "

" All this proves is that the vast majority of people have no fuckin' taste at all, or are not smart enough to realize that what they are hearing....sucks. "

" How else can you explain why Kenny G and Michael Bolton are so popular? "

Thank You !

Jersee !
02-26-04 04:01 PM
Gimme Shelter Any and all Rap
02-26-04 04:35 PM
steel driving hammer Did everyone forget U2?

Why?

WHY?

WHY!
02-26-04 04:45 PM
Joey " Did everyone forget U2?

Why?

WHY?

WHY! "

They are very very forgettable cause they copy THE WHO and THE STONES -- The only two bands that matter .

Oh , Baby Steelie :

Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH