ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPA—OL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle of Wight Festival - Sold Out! Return to archive
2nd March 2007 10:51 PM
Bitch From their Webpage:

Isle of Wight Festival 2007
last updated : Fri 2nd Mar 07

The sixth Isle of Wight festival will happen from Friday 8th - Sunday 10th June 2007.

The first acts have been announced, with Snow Patrol headlining the Friday, and Muse on Saturday. The Sunday headliner is still to be announced but a number of other acts are confirmed - click here for all the details.

Tickets have sold out. Ticket prices were as follows: Adult camping £125; Child (12 and Under) camping £62.50; Adult non-camping £105; Child (12 and Under) non-camping £52.50; Campervans £125 (SOLD OUT). Disabled purchasers MUST book through Ticketzone only, by calling 08705 321 321, if you do not do so then you will not have access to the disabled platform or carpark.

The arena is normally open from 5pm until 11pm on the Friday, 11am until midnight on the Saturday, and 11am until 11pm on the Sunday. No bottles, cans, etc, may be taken into the arena.


The Stones are rumored here on June 10th! Already sold out? WTF? With no announcement??

2nd March 2007 10:54 PM
mojoman happy for the kiddies
2nd March 2007 10:56 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:
happy for the kiddies



they'll play in front of an audience that should be about the same age as the audiences they played in front of from 69-81...
This is a very, very good thing!
2nd March 2007 10:57 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:


they'll play in front of an audience that should be about the same age as the audiences they played in front of from 69-81...
This is a very, very good thing!



genesis?
3rd March 2007 09:57 AM
fireontheplatter i think the ticket prices are way to expensive for a festival show.
i hope the stones show and rock all night
3rd March 2007 01:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i think the ticket prices are way to expensive for a festival show.




£125 for 3 days of music (camping facilities provided) vs £150 for a Stones show with one opening act.

Think its quite obvious who's overcharging, if you ask me.

The downside of that festival is that youre obliged to pay for a ticket for all 3 days and there arent "one day tickets".

These festivals are as good as sold out once they go on sale. No surprise there. Hopefully they'll have held back a few thousand tickets however to accommodate the fans of whoever the headlining act is.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd March 2007 01:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Hopefully they'll have held back a few thousand tickets however to accommodate the fans of whoever the headlining act is.
[Edited by Gazza]




I know where you are coming from Gazza, but I would have thought the vast majority don't particularly go to a festival to see one particular act. I'd always imagined itís more for the experience and the chance to see a whole host of bands you are in to. With the Stones however and bearing in mind they're general fan base, you may be right... I canít imagine too many of the 50 year olds at Twickenham wanting to see Babyshambles or Kaiser Chiefs.
3rd March 2007 03:39 PM
Joey
quote:
Bitch wrote:
From their Webpage:

Isle of Wight Festival 2007
last updated : Fri 2nd Mar 07

The sixth Isle of Wight festival will happen from Friday 8th - Sunday 10th June 2007.

The first acts have been announced, with Snow Patrol headlining the Friday, and Muse on Saturday. The Sunday headliner is still to be announced but a number of other acts are confirmed - click here for all the details.

Tickets have sold out. Ticket prices were as follows: Adult camping ?25; Child (12 and Under) camping ?2.50; Adult non-camping ?05; Child (12 and Under) non-camping ?2.50; Campervans ?25 (SOLD OUT). Disabled purchasers MUST book through Ticketzone only, by calling 08705 321 321, if you do not do so then you will not have access to the disabled platform or carpark.

The arena is normally open from 5pm until 11pm on the Friday, 11am until midnight on the Saturday, and 11am until 11pm on the Sunday. No bottles, cans, etc, may be taken into the arena.


The Stones are rumored here on June 10th! Already sold out? WTF? With no announcement??






Thanks for the information ........ Bitch


'kinsô
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)