ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith to induct Ronnie ... Return to archive
2nd March 2007 10:27 AM
Mel Belli ...Spector into the Hall of Fame.
2nd March 2007 10:53 AM
Saint Sway should make for some great one liners!
2nd March 2007 11:10 AM
Mel Belli Keith is always great behind the podium.
2nd March 2007 12:06 PM
The Wick Well he was total shite when he inducted ZZ Top, but maybe he'll actually talk about her this time and not about himself. Especially because he slipped into her a few times back in the day didn't he? Mick's always been better at these things because for all of Keith's rambling, he just seems very shy.
[Edited by The Wick]
2nd March 2007 12:07 PM
Gazza I guess Ronnie's ex-husband will be too busy that night and might find it difficult to attend....
2nd March 2007 12:09 PM
Gazza Richards and Vedder to induct rock hall of famers

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards performs onstage during a concert August 20, 2006. Richards and Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder will help induct the class of 2007 into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame later this month, organizers said. REUTERS/Leon Neal

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards and Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder will help induct the class of 2007 into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame later this month, organizers said.

Richards will induct 1960s girl group the Ronettes, while Vedder will do the honors for rock band R.E.M.

Additionally, the members of Velvet Revolver will induct Van Halen, likely finding plenty of common ground over problematic lead singers.

Punk poetess Patti Smith will be inducted by Zack de la Rocha, the singer with reunited rockers Rage Against the Machine, while rapper Jay-Z will introduce pioneering rap group Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

The ceremony will take place March 12 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York. Additionally, Aretha Franklin will sing as part of a tribute to late record mogul Ahmet Ertegun, the Atlantic Records co-founder who was instrumental in setting up the hall of fame.

Reuters/Nielsen
www.scotsman.com

2nd March 2007 12:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Well he was total shite when he inducted ZZ Top, but maybe he'll actually talk about her this time and not about himself. Especially because he slipped into her a few times back in the day didn't he?

apparently so

quote:
Mick's always been better at these things because for all of Keith's rambling, he just seems very shy.

are you still talking about 'slipping it in' here?
2nd March 2007 12:12 PM
Jumping Jack Keef should put in a plug for his buddy Vince with those clowns!
2nd March 2007 12:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I guess Ronnie's ex-husband will be too busy that night and might find it difficult to attend....

Well, there is the story of Phil Spector catching Keith in bed with his missus and then chasing him around the room with a gun. So it’s a bloody good job he won’t be there!
2nd March 2007 12:14 PM
The Wick
quote:
Gazza wrote:

apparently so

are you still talking about 'slipping it in' here?

Nice one. I neither know nor have absolutely any desire to know who is better at that.
2nd March 2007 02:19 PM
gimmekeef When you look at this years inductees...Isnt it time to close the doors for a decade or three?...
2nd March 2007 02:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
When you look at this years inductees...Isnt it time to close the doors for a decade or three?...

Yup. Moratorium, now!
2nd March 2007 02:23 PM
Nellcote I think it would be a bang up night, if someone could secretly get Phil there. Or, does he wear an ankle bracelet these days pre-trial?
2nd March 2007 02:24 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I think it would be a bang up night, if someone could secretly get Phil there. Or, does he wear an ankle bracelet these days pre-trial?

Think he's been Martha Stewarted.....
2nd March 2007 04:42 PM
fireontheplatter mad cool
i loved it when keith introduced zz top into the hall of flame...i mean fame.
god...was he high and wired ...or WHAAAAAT?

i can't wait

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwww
2nd March 2007 05:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels AOL To Stream Rock Hall Of Fame Ceremony
Submitted by Mike Sachoff on Fri, 03/02/2007 - 14:42.
webpronews.com

For the first time the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be broadcast live on VH1 Classic, and be streamed on AOL without commercials. The ceremony will air on Monday March 12 at 8 pm.

Previous induction ceremonies were only offered on a tape delay basis on VH1.

If you are music fan who is only interested in watching certain performances and don’t want to commit to the entire ceremony AOL will be cataloging and segmenting the performances so that music fans can watch them on-demand after the show.

Kurt Patat of AOL told WebProNews in a phone interview that he thought there were two aspects that make this years ceremony unique. First that it was being streamed live on AOL and secondly viewers would be able “to cherry pick the performances that they care about the most. For example you may be a big REM fan but do not have interest in the Ronettes.”

This year’s inductee’s include Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, the first ever hip-hop act to be inducted, R.E.M., The Ronettes, Patti Smith, and Van Halen.

"It is a true honor for AOL to be able to stream the induction ceremony live for fans around the world,” said Mike Rich, Vice President of AOL Music, Movies, and Television. “Now we can let consumers witness the thrill of this historic event, empowering them with interactive features that allow them to upload video commentary, vote and interact with other fans.”

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies will take place at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City.

2nd March 2007 11:09 PM
Bitch The Waldorf Astoia is one of the finest hotels in New York! Very classy! I wonder if KEEF booked a room for the night, maybe I should go hang out at the bar! Ha! How can a person gain enty to such an event, invitation only?
2nd March 2007 11:12 PM
mojoman ....into rehab hall of fame
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)