ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES: Truths & Lies...TV Special Return to archive
1st March 2007 07:50 PM
Paranoid_Android http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/204/index.jsp
1st March 2007 07:53 PM
glencar I shall be recording this one!
1st March 2007 08:54 PM
stonedinaustralia i've seen this - very interesting - not a lot of the music but lots of old news reel stuff, much of which i had never seen before

1st March 2007 09:01 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I shall be recording this one!

I already have it set to record.
1st March 2007 09:39 PM
texile cool -
most of the content is probably crap, but there's always a possibility of seeing old fottage i haven't seen.
1st March 2007 10:05 PM
stonedinaustralia hi tex

Fortunately most of the content is the old footage. There is lots of scenes outside various court houses including the ‘67 bust along with Brian’s and Mick and Mariannes’s later appearances.

Also quite a bit on MIck’s wedding some of which is hilarious. Keith looks like he just rolled out of bed to be best man – and check out his Luftwaffe jacket!! You can also see Spanish Tony lurking around

It suffers from the ubiquitous “talking heads “. David Hepworth who I believe is the editor of the English musical/cultural magazine “The Word” is tolerable. Paul Gambacinni, would be Stones historian, perhaps less so.

There is also a bit of general "'60's" stuff (fashion etc.) which tries to put the band in it's cultural perspective

it's not earth shattering but certainly worth a look

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
1st March 2007 10:59 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I shall be recording this one!

Me too!
Thank you, Paranoid_Android.
2nd March 2007 07:32 PM
Olivia1962 It is a Movie

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Lies-Rolling-Stones/dp/B000I5YDBO
2nd March 2007 09:15 PM
texile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
hi tex

Fortunately most of the content is the old footage. There is lots of scenes outside various court houses including the ‘67 bust along with Brian’s and Mick and Mariannes’s later appearances.

Also quite a bit on MIck’s wedding some of which is hilarious. Keith looks like he just rolled out of bed to be best man – and check out his Luftwaffe jacket!! You can also see Spanish Tony lurking around

It suffers from the ubiquitous “talking heads “. David Hepworth who I believe is the editor of the English musical/cultural magazine “The Word” is tolerable. Paul Gambacinni, would be Stones historian, perhaps less so.

There is also a bit of general "'60's" stuff (fashion etc.) which tries to put the band in it's cultural perspective

it's not earth shattering but certainly worth a look

most of us probably know more than the talking heads -
it seems most of them simply read the bios and dish out general information.
i always end up screaming at them...
2nd March 2007 09:52 PM
SweetVirginia
Tivo is set...thanks, PA.

3rd March 2007 10:02 AM
fireontheplatter sounds like fun...i'll tune in too
3rd March 2007 12:48 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Olivia1962 wrote:
It is a Movie

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Lies-Rolling-Stones/dp/B000I5YDBO

Not sure if it is the same...this link is for Truth OR Lies...the BBCAmerica is Truth AND Lies...

Either way...I will be watching it...any Stones is good stones...and gives me something to look fwd to on the telly!!
4th March 2007 07:23 PM
stonedinaustralia its the DVD thing that i have seen and am referring to

if it's not the same thing as is going to be on the TV then apologies for getting it all screwed up

4th March 2007 07:27 PM
fireontheplatter does anyone know what number channel this is going to be on...in new york.
4th March 2007 10:14 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
does anyone know what number channel this is going to be on...in new york.

depends on which cable system you have...try TVGUIDE on line...put in your zip code...then it should offer you a choice of companies in your area...but first click on listings...good luck
5th March 2007 11:33 AM
Saint Sway I can not fix the clock on my VCR
5th March 2007 11:54 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I can not fix the clock on my VCR

duct tape...cover it up...fugetabowdt
5th March 2007 12:01 PM
egon vcr is sooo 1980's
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)