ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Quick STONES quiz... Return to archive
1st March 2007 07:47 PM
Paranoid_Android I scored 10 out of 12...have fun!!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/200/quiz.jsp

try the BEATLES quiz too!!!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/200/quiz.jsp
1st March 2007 07:52 PM
glencar Both links led to Rutles quizzes. I got 9/10.
1st March 2007 08:03 PM
Gazza me too..some of "their" answers were a bit dubious, though!

seems BBC America are airing a Stones special on 10th March. Not sure if its been mentioned previously or not

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/204/index.jsp

(edit : I see Paranoid Android has mentioned it just now in another thread)
[Edited by Gazza]
1st March 2007 08:40 PM
pdog I got 10 out of 12...
I lost best guitarist and years SFTD wasn't played.... The SFTD quuestion has me wondering... but I'll save it so others can try their luck.
1st March 2007 08:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
me too..some of "their" answers were a bit dubious, though!

seems BBC America are airing a Stones special on 10th March. Not sure if its been mentioned previously or not

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/204/index.jsp

(edit : I see Paranoid Android has mentioned it just now in another thread)
[Edited by Gazza]

BBC America...Yay, I get that channel.
1st March 2007 08:47 PM
pdog 8 out of 10 w/ Beatles....
1st March 2007 09:23 PM
Mel Belli 11 of 12. Got stumped on which single spent the most time on Billboard Top 40. I will wear a hairshirt tomorrow.
1st March 2007 09:53 PM
Riffhard Where is the Stones quiz? All I am seeing is the Beatles quiz.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
1st March 2007 10:11 PM
GotToRollMe 9 out of 10 on the Beatles and 11 out of 12 on the Stones.
1st March 2007 10:12 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Where is the Stones quiz? All I am seeing is the Beatles quiz.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

Here 'tis, Riffy:
http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/204/quiz.jsp
1st March 2007 10:39 PM
Riffhard Thank you GTRM! I aced that bitch! 12 for 12! Somebody buy me a beer or something.

Riffy
1st March 2007 10:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Thank you GTRM! I aced that bitch! 12 for 12! Somebody buy me a beer or something.

Riffy

I'm glad it was you who aced it, i usually make fun of the smart kid...
Are you still smoke free, at least the manufactured smoke?
1st March 2007 10:48 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm glad it was you who aced it, i usually make fun of the smart kid...
Are you still smoke free, at least the manufactured smoke?

Yeah I'm still smoke free,but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to cheating a couple of times since New Years Eve. Still I'm happy that I am not a smoker anymore. I used to say I only smoke when I drink,but then I realized that I'd be smoking at least two packs a day if that were true! LOL! I will say that my drinking has actually slowed down quite a bit since I quit. The only times that I have cheated was when I was drinking so I have really slowed down the hard charging power down drinking nights.

Riffy
2nd March 2007 06:23 AM
LadyJane 10 out of 12!
No excuses.
I hang my head.

LJ.
2nd March 2007 07:00 AM
Zack On the Beatles, I picked Abbey Road for the most Paul is dead clues - 28 IF, bare feet, cigarette, walking out of step, George the gravedigger, Ringo the undertaker, John the priest. Sgt Pepper has more than that?

On the Stones, I thought it was IORR that had Bowie on backing vocals, but that wasn't even a choice. What's the answer there?

I also picked Satisfaction as the single longest on the charts. I thought it was HTW, which wasn't even a choice. What am I missing?
2nd March 2007 08:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:
On the Beatles, I picked Abbey Road for the most Paul is dead clues - 28 IF, bare feet, cigarette, walking out of step, George the gravedigger, Ringo the undertaker, John the priest. Sgt Pepper has more than that?

thats what I did too. Daft question. Who's to say which had more clues to something that didnt exist?

quote:
Zack wrote:
On the Stones, I thought it was IORR that had Bowie on backing vocals, but that wasn't even a choice. What's the answer there?

The 'correct' answer is that he's never appeared on any Stones record. He was supposedly on the original backing track of IORR that was cut at The Wick, though. I went for 'Time waits for no one' as its on the same album, and it accepted it as the correct answer. The "who do critics regard as the best guitarist?" question is just plain stupid, though - what critics and how do you 'measure' something like that. I guessed the one about the longest spell in the charts.

I managed to get them all even though at least two of the questions are a bit dubious at best.

[Edited by Gazza]
2nd March 2007 08:35 AM
egon 8/12

I'll get me coat.

find the "who's regarded as best guitarist" question a bit weird... it's more an opinion, than fact.
2nd March 2007 08:54 AM
LadyJane 5/10 on The Beatles.
I am very very proud.

LJ.
2nd March 2007 09:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man 8/10 for The Beatles
10/12 for the Stones
2nd March 2007 10:22 AM
ComeAsYouAre 11 out of 12 for the Stones. SFTHD hung me up.
2nd March 2007 12:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:
11 out of 12 for the Stones. SFTHD hung me up.

Actually, the 'correct' answer for the SFTD question is also wrong. The story about it being dropped from the set after Altamont for 'x' number of years is a bit of a myth, as it was played regularly on the European tour in 1970 and the British Tour in 1971, although it was then left off the US tour setlist in 1972. In reality, its as big a myth as the one that they were playing it when Meredith Hunter got stabbed - but then I suppose "Stones fan killed by Hells Angels as the band played 'Under My Thumb'" doesnt have the same dramatic ring to it.

Oddly enough, after the London shows that followed Altamont, Under My Thumb DID get dropped for over a decade, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they figured THAT song was cursed, not SFTD.
2nd March 2007 02:28 PM
gimmekeef I quit doing tests in Grade 12......Spent the best 3 yrs of my life in that grade.....That BBC show sounds like a bunch of cobbled together newsreels..Nothin exciting...But I'll be glued to the set anyway...
2nd March 2007 03:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Actually, the 'correct' answer for the SFTD question is also wrong. The story about it being dropped from the set after Altamont for 'x' number of years is a bit of a myth, as it was played regularly on the European tour in 1970 and the British Tour in 1971, although it was then left off the US tour setlist in 1972. In reality, its as big a myth as the one that they were playing it when Meredith Hunter got stabbed - but then I suppose "Stones fan killed by Hells Angels as the band played 'Under My Thumb'" doesnt have the same dramatic ring to it.

Oddly enough, after the London shows that followed Altamont, Under My Thumb DID get dropped for over a decade, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they figured THAT song was cursed, not SFTD.

The reason I got it wrong... There was only no correct answer to chose from, it was dropped after 75 and played agian in 1989... it wasn't played between 71 and 75... 4 and 14 years... We had 1,3,6 and never as options...
3rd March 2007 12:52 PM
Paranoid_Android How could anyone not even guess that that SMU was the longest charting song???
4th March 2007 01:10 AM
Kilroy 8 of 10 Beatles
9 of 12 Stones
Greatest Guitarist?
SFTD?
By The Way I got to see The Skull RIng really cose up, when they were leaving the Charlotteville show. They rode right by me. He had his window down and his hand out.
[Edited by Kilroy]
4th March 2007 09:34 AM
fireontheplatter that was so fun

i got questions 6 7 and 9 wrong

i had no idea david bowie sang backing vocals on dead flowers
4th March 2007 11:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i had no idea david bowie sang backing vocals on dead flowers

LOL..neither did anyone else. The 'correct' answer is apparently Time waits for no one. None of the answers given are correct
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)