ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones at the Ballet Return to archive
1st March 2007 10:59 AM
polytoxic From the Toronto Star (Tue Feb 27):

If there's anything that might attract a new crowd to buy tickets to the National Ballet of Canada, it's Rooster, a contemporary ballet performed to three Rolling Stones songs. Throw in the possibility that one or more of the Stones could attend the Toronto premiere next March and you've got a recipe for a sell-out.

British choreographer Christopher Bruce choreographed Rooster for the Ballet du Grand Théâtre de Genève in 1991. He created a kind of cock-of-the-walk, stylized strut to go with the music, eight songs including "Little Red Rooster," "Paint it Black," "Ruby Tuesday" and "Sympathy for the Devil."

At yesterday's announcement of the 2007-2008 ballet season, artistic director Karen Kain said that thanks to the Stones' Toronto promoter Michael Cohl, the musicians have waived the fees for use of the songs they own.

In return, the band asked that some proceeds from the performances be contributed to the ballet's education and outreach program.
1st March 2007 01:25 PM
glencar zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............
1st March 2007 04:01 PM
polytoxic Yeah, it's not like I'd go. But I'm up for any reason that would bring the boys to 'ol Toronto.
1st March 2007 04:09 PM
glencar I'd be amazed if they showed.
1st March 2007 05:18 PM
BuckBuckBucky I'd gladly pay the Stones asking price of approx $400.00 to see Keith in a tutu

SHE COMES EVERY TIME THAT SHE PIROUETTE'S ON ME
1st March 2007 11:41 PM
CraigP You are a sick one, Buckcherry.
I must be, as well.
[Edited by CraigP]
2nd March 2007 12:18 AM
sirmoonie Buckcherry! Fuckers!

2nd March 2007 11:19 AM
CraigP I've been a Buckcherry fan since they came on the scene in 1999.

The origional lineup as well as the new one are a fun bunch of guys who put on a great show. Even bought an underage friend a beer before the show.

Got lots of picks, pictures, and autographs... I'm a big fan. I do lots of covers of their stuff.
[Edited by CraigP]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)