ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steve Earle - NYC (nsc) Return to archive
28th February 2007 10:33 AM
muddy For any Steve Earle fans in NY.

Steve Earle and Allison Moorer
at the Blue Note
March 12 & 13
2 shows each night

http://www.bluenote.net/newyork/index.shtml
28th February 2007 10:58 AM
Saint Sway he's also one of the acts performing at Carnegie Hall for that Springsteen tribute this month
28th February 2007 06:32 PM
glencar You couldn't pay me enough money to see that anti-American swindler.
28th February 2007 06:44 PM
fireontheplatter allison moorer does a great duet with kid rock performing the song... picture.
i bet this will be a killer show.
1st March 2007 08:42 AM
nanatod
quote:
glencar wrote:
You couldn't pay me enough money to see that anti-American swindler.

I have no problem with Steve Earle's political views. I just think his songwriting has run dry. Guitar Town, his first album is his best. A song like "Copperhead Road" from his (4th?) album is still excellent. There are even one or two good songs from the album about John Walker Lindh.

But as a whole, it is my own personal opinion (maybe not shared by others) that Steve Earle hasn't been WRITING albums that are consistently good throughout the entire CD for some time now. In concert, where he has his whole catalogue to choose from, you can get a good show. But I wouldn't rush out to buy anything new that he puts out in the future.
1st March 2007 08:49 AM
Sir Stonesalot Alison Moorer did a version of Picture with Kid Rock?

Why?

Wasn't that a big hit recently for Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock? WTF? Alison Moorer is great(so is her sister Shelby Lynne), why would she do some stupid rehash like that? Couldn't they come up with something new?

That is ridiculous.

Steve Earle is one of my faves. Yeah I know, he can be preachy at times, but his songs are so great that I forgive him that. And his live shows are always great. The Dukes are a tight band, and this line up has been together for close to 15 years now.
1st March 2007 08:55 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Steve Earle is one of my faves. Yeah I know, he can be preachy at times, but his songs are so great that I forgive him that. And his live shows are always great. The Dukes are a tight band, and this line up has been together for close to 15 years now.

Amen, brother!! Couldn't have said it better myself!
1st March 2007 11:17 AM
Saint Sway Steve Earle is, by far, one of my favorite artists. He's bad ass. Musically he's the Keith of country. An amazing artist.

the fact that he is politically outspoken and doesnt give a shit who he pisses off only makes him cooler IMHFO
1st March 2007 06:16 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
allison moorer does a great duet with kid rock performing the song... picture.
i bet this will be a killer show.

Allison Moorer does a great duet with Steve Earle performing the song Sweet Virginia.

This will be a killer show.
1st March 2007 06:21 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Allison Moorer does a great duet with Steve Earle performing the song Sweet Virginia.

This will be a killer show.

oh wow
is sweet virginia a rolling stones song?
1st March 2007 06:33 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

oh wow
is sweet virginia a rolling stones song?

Now you're just being silly...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
1st March 2007 06:43 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:

Now you're just being silly...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

you're just mad with me because i think your daughter is cute.
1st March 2007 11:16 PM
Barney Fife
Coming Soon:
Justin Townes Earle
Thursday, March 22
7 pm doors, 8 pm show
$10 in advance, $12 day of show

Justin Townes Earle is touring in support of his recently released solo record, Yuma. I first heard him a few years back on a trip to Nashville when he played with The Swindlers. I was immediately taken with the strength and maturity of his voice. On Justin's myspace site, Travis Stevens writes, "Justin Earle comes from good stock... His father (legendary and ground-breaking singer/songwriter Steve Earle) must have taught him well. . . . Whatever he may have learned from his old man, he continues to prove himself as an individual- always forging his own path no matter where the others are going."

At the Melson household, Yuma continues to reside comfortably in our cd changer, and we are looking forward to hearing the songs live in our living room. You can check out Justin's music at his myspace site.

For tickets or more information, please email Angela at [email protected].

http://www.ranchhouseconcerts.com/
1st March 2007 11:24 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

you're just mad with me because i think your daughter is cute.

She is cute... Shit, she's drop dead gorgeous actually...
1st March 2007 11:40 PM
Larry Dallas Sir Stonesalot,

The story behind Allison's duet with Kid Rock is that Sheryl Crow's record company originally didn't want to allow the single to happen because Sheryl had a solo record out without the song on it. Thus, Kid Rock recruited Allison Moorer to re-record the song for him to release to radio. Soon after, Crow's label relented to the release of the single and as a result, the rest of the world still doesn't know about Allison, who is also Shelby Lynne's sister.

I saw Allison open for Steve in Louisville a few years ago before they were married and she was great. She played a solo set and also joined Steve's band for the entire show. Her latest record was produced by Steve and I believe it came out sometime last year.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)