ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Oscars Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
25th February 2007 10:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Any predictions????

They'd sure be alot more interesting if they're were some kind of national betting system.
25th February 2007 11:04 AM
gimmekeef Watched The Departed last night...B Grade...cant see it winning...Watch the movie about that little girl sneak thru and grab best pic...just a hunch...
25th February 2007 11:11 AM
pdog Why would anyone want to watch a bunch of ego maniacs suck each other off?
It's not like most of the movies are that good, it's a popularity contest and gro$$ and net circle jerk...
like most things in western culture that are consumed by the masses, I find this and all awards shows boring and pointless.
There is one redeeming part of The Oscars, the dead people montage, the differring amounts of applause for each dead person is probably the most telling part of the characters of the people in hollywood. They even take the ego and popularity contest to the grave. Truly fucking absurd...
25th February 2007 11:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >Why would anyone want to watch a bunch of ego maniacs suck each other off?<

I follow you. I don't usually watch awards shows for that very reason. I probably won't watch it. But the results I'll find of interest...just for the sake of acedemics.
25th February 2007 11:17 AM
pdog I would rather tie my pubic hairs into tight little knots, than watch an awards show!
25th February 2007 11:33 AM
LadyJane It's all about the CLOTHES!!!!
THE fashion show of the year.
gypsy and I plan on watching together via phone.

Perhaps we will provide the Board with some
comments ala Joan and Melissa Rivers.

My predictions:
Best Actress: Helen Mirren
Best Actor: Forest Whitaker although Peter O'Toole has NEVER won and may be a surprise.
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson
Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy
Best Picture: Little Miss Sunshine
Best Director: Martin Scorcese (long overdue)

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
25th February 2007 11:37 AM
fireontheplatter i will watch it
when is this on anyway

every man i see says he wants wants you..oh yeah
25th February 2007 11:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
It's all about the CLOTHES!!!!
THE fashion show of the year.

I never really thought about it much from that angle myself. But they do hype it.

25th February 2007 12:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Rivers armed, dangerous and ready for the red carpet
By Greg Hernandez, Staff Writer
Article Launched: 02/23/2007 12:57:08 PM PST
Daily Bulletin.com

If the Academy Awards show is about the little golden man, the walk into the Kodak Theatre is often about pleasing the woman with the sharp tongue.
Yes, Joan Rivers will again be patrolling the red carpet — and, as usual, she's armed and dangerous.

Along with daughter Melissa, Rivers has been the star attraction of TV Guide Channel's awards coverage since 2004, after spending nearly a decade doing fashion duty for E! The pair are on the red carpet each year at the Oscars, the Grammys, the Emmys and the Golden Globes, among other shows.

"I love the Golden Globes because it's a party," the 73-year-old comedian says. "Everyone will drink and have dinner, and the show is part of it. I love the Grammys because they are all so nice. The only one who had an attitude is that horrible Carrie Underwood. She's a great star — just ask her."

Dig, dig.

"The Oscars are the most formal and have the most riding on them, so the actors are the most tense. You save the best dress for the Oscars."

So here's some wit and wisdom from Madame Rivers about the Oscars — past and present.

Helen Mirren: "Boy has she done an about-face," says Rivers of the favorite for the best actress award. "When she first came,

she was wearing boas and boots! She and I talked about it. She said, 'You said I looked so bad that I went to my friend Dolce & Gabbana.' "
Meryl Streep: Rivers says she also has high expectations for the 14-time nominee, nominated this year for her performance as a fashion magazine editor in "The Devil Wears Prada."

"Meryl Streep is going to look very beautiful," Rivers predicts. "She's into clothes suddenly. At the Golden Globes, she wore that Grecian gown and looked stunning."

She also expects nominees Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Hudson and Cate Blanchett to be dazzling tonight.

On guys who ignore Rivers' famed catchphrase, "Can we talk?"

"The worst ever is Tommy Lee Jones," she says. "It pains him to talk to you. So then don't talk. And Russell Crowe. I only wish the phone he threw (at a hotel clerk) was a boomerang."

Ready for her role on 'The Sopranos': Rivers grows irate when reminded of how she allegedly hurt the feelings of Edie Falco when she won her first Emmy for "The Sopranos" for dissing the actress' fashion choice.

"Edie Falco can drop dead! We never said anything — we looked back at the tapes — and yet she came out swinging."

Some stars who she freely admits to panning in the past are Demi Moore, the year she wore bicycle shorts ("a big winner"); Gwyneth Paltrow's pink gown, the year she won for "Shakespeare in Love" ("It was so badly fitted"); and when Cher showed up for a past winners segment "in a moron Titanic hat."

Of course, the all-time "hall of shame" winner is Bjork for her famous swan dress, which included an egg-shaped purse that the singer-actress placed on the red carpet for photographers.

What she wouldn't give for one drunken star: As much as she admires stars who show up expertly put together, she does miss the old days when fashion faux pas littered the red carpet like A-list roadkill.

"You pray somebody got high that morning and put the dress on backward," Rivers says, chuckling.

But if there are fewer disasters, the Rivers women have only themselves to blame.

"We've ruined the fun of someone totally walking out in something that is not very attractive," Joan admits. "I think we've created an industry of stylists — everyone has a stylist."

And mostly, they have friendly exchanges with Hollywood's A-list these days, including her red carpet favorites Tom Hanks, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts and Charlize Theron.

"The bigger they are, the more relaxed they are," Rivers says.

25th February 2007 12:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Winners of the Best Picture Awards

1927-28 Wings
1928-29 Broadway Melody
1929-30 All Quiet on the Western Front
1930-31 Cimarron
1931-32 Grand Hotel
1932-33 Cavalcade
1934 It Happened One Night
1935 Mutiny on the Bounty
1936 The Great Ziegfeld
1937 The Life of Emile Zola
1938 You Can't Take It With You
1939 Gone With the Wind
1940 Rebecca
1941 How Green Was My Valley
1942 Mrs. Miniver
1943 Casablanca
1944 Going My Way
1945 The Lost Weekend
1946 The Best Years of Our Lives
1947 Gentlemen's Agreement
1948 Hamlet
1949 All the King's Men
1950 All About Eve
1951 An American in Paris
1952 The Greatest Show on Earth
1953 From Here to Eternity
1954 On the Waterfront
1955 Marty
1956 Around the World in 80 Days
1957 The Bridge on the River Kwai
1958 Gigi
1959 Ben-Hur
1960 The Apartment
1961 West Side Story
1962 Lawrence of Arabia
1963 Tom Jones
1964 My Fair Lady
1965 The Sound of Music
1966 A Man for All Seasons
1967 In the Heat of the Night
1968 Oliver!
1969 Midnight Cowboy
1970 Patton
1971 The French Connection
1972 The Godfather
1973 The Sting
1974 The Godfather Part II
1975 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
1976 Rocky
1977 Annie Hall
1978 The Deer Hunter
1979 Kramer vs. Kramer
1980 Ordinary People
1981 Chariots of Fire
1982 Gandhi
1983 Terms of Endearment
1984 Amadeus
1985 Out of Africa
1986 Platoon
1987 The Last Emperor
1988 Rain Man
1989 Driving Miss Daisy
1990 Dances With Wolves
1991 The Silence of the Lambs
1992 Unforgiven
1993 Schindler's List
1994 Forrest Gump
1995 Braveheart
1996 The English Patient
1997 Titanic
1998 Shakespeare in Love
1999 American Beauty
2000 Gladiator
2001 A Beautiful Mind
2002 Chicago
2003 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
2004 Million Dollar Baby

25th February 2007 01:10 PM
Nellcote If Scorsese does win, this will be the springboard for the Stones movie to go great numbers to a larger audience when it is released, as it will probably be his 1st release since winning...
25th February 2007 01:15 PM
pdog
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
If Scorsese does win, this will be the springboard for the Stones movie to go great numbers to a larger audience when it is released, as it will probably be his 1st release since winning...

i never thought about that, and putting a Stones side to it, now I have a slight interest in whether he wins or not. I don't know if i should thank you or curse you.
25th February 2007 01:16 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Why would anyone want to watch a bunch of ego maniacs suck each other off?
It's not like most of the movies are that good, it's a popularity contest and gro$$ and net circle jerk...
like most things in western culture that are consumed by the masses, I find this and all awards shows boring and pointless.
There is one redeeming part of The Oscars, the dead people montage, the differring amounts of applause for each dead person is probably the most telling part of the characters of the people in hollywood. They even take the ego and popularity contest to the grave. Truly fucking absurd...

Early Post of the Week contender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th February 2007 01:17 PM
glencar I shant be watching BTW since Algore is a lock for that "documentary" he "made."
25th February 2007 01:18 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Early Post of the Week contender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will refuse the award if offered. Instead I will let Pelosi give a speech about how Cheney was rude to her...
25th February 2007 01:19 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I shant be watching BTW since Algore is a lock for that "documentary" he "made."

The incontinent poop movie?
25th February 2007 01:20 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I will refuse the award if offered. Instead I will let Pelosi give a speech about how Cheney was rude to her...

I haven't watched the news lately. What's that about?
25th February 2007 01:21 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

The incontinent poop movie?

Algore is arriving in an eco-limosuine. That makes him an eco-limosuine liberal!
25th February 2007 01:22 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I haven't watched the news lately. What's that about?

She called Bush to tell on Cheney b/c he said Pelosi had rotten crotch.
25th February 2007 01:23 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

She called Bush to tell on Cheney b/c he said Pelosi had rotten crotch.

Dick is rather nasty sometimes!
25th February 2007 01:27 PM
fireontheplatter when is this show on anyway?

i've walked for miles my feet are hurting
25th February 2007 01:28 PM
glencar Tonight at 9PM. I shall watch Rome on HBO instead.
25th February 2007 01:30 PM
fireontheplatter thank you

i'm just talking bout the midnight....shit
25th February 2007 01:30 PM
gypsy I'd really like to see "The Departed" win. It was excellent. However, I do not think Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg deserves a best-supporting actor Oscar.

"Little Miss Sunshine" was not that good...I was disappointed, considering all the hype. It had a cute, funny ending, but that's about it.

25th February 2007 01:32 PM
glencar I'd rather Marky Mark win as opposed to eddie Murphy.
25th February 2007 01:41 PM
gypsy "Dick is rather nasty sometimes!"
25th February 2007 01:44 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dick is rather nasty sometimes!

Joey would beg to differ!
25th February 2007 01:53 PM
Nellcote Some of Marky Mark's earlier cinematic work.
Black mama in this can belt it out....
His bro was in New Kids On The Block.
GC, look for the Citgo sign, one can see it from Fenway Pahk...Oh right, you would not go to THAT pahk...

25th February 2007 01:55 PM
pdog Entourage is funny as hell too, which is based on his early career in movies!
25th February 2007 02:12 PM
Bloozehound Flags of our Fathers was one of the best films I've seen out of Hollywood in years. Is it getting snubbed?

The Departed was good, but way overrated
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)