ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith tour Europe june / july 2007 Return to archive
24th February 2007 04:46 PM
jaymze Aerosmith have announced a tour on Europe this summer. They will be playing Festivals and solo shows.

Unfortunatly they have only announced one gig in the UK, London's Hyde Park on june 24th as part of the Calling Festival.

I'm going to see them in Dublin 2 days later. Should be a great gig. Despite what some people say about them being 'Stones clones, power balleders or whatever, i have been a fan for donkeys years and can't wait to finally see them in concert.
24th February 2007 06:34 PM
glencar I saw them on the Honking On Bobo tour. They were pretty good but I'm by no means a big fan. Certainly not for donkey's years!
24th February 2007 07:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Before going to Europe they have stops in Buenos Aires, Mexico City, United Arab Emirates and India!

Are they worth watching NOW?

The local promoter put the field tix all in general admission in two sections and that sucks the big one, all the numbered seats are sold out now and they all are far from the stage. They are goinmg to play at Foro Sol and with those seats in GA the capacity is around 65,000-70,000
24th February 2007 09:01 PM
Bruno They´re coming to Brazil too, in July 13rd, I think. I wish I had the money.
24th February 2007 10:06 PM
Dan
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Before going to Europe they have stops in Buenos Aires, Mexico City, United Arab Emirates and India!

Are they worth watching NOW?

I had given up on them for a long time but the 3 shows I saw last year were great. Unfortunately I fear a lot of these places might get stuck with a "Greatest Hits Of The 90's" setlist.
24th February 2007 10:54 PM
BuckBuckBucky
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Before going to Europe they have stops in Buenos Aires, Mexico City, United Arab Emirates and India!

United arab Emirates???!!! Is Steven Tyler going to wear a Burkha(sp?)?
25th February 2007 07:36 AM
Bruno
quote:
BuckBuckBucky wrote:

United arab Emirates???!!! Is Steven Tyler going to wear a Burkha(sp?)?

Well, have you seen his face post botox? A burkha could be a good idea.
25th February 2007 07:43 AM
Jumping Jack Joe Perry can still play and is worth the price of a ticket.

I don't know how Tyler's voice is holding up. Will Hamilton be back with them after his cancer treatments?

I bet JB is terribly excited!!!
25th February 2007 08:50 AM
fireontheplatter have a good time at the show
the demon of screamin

i have seen them 4-5 times

don't u worry get dressed cried my mother
25th February 2007 12:13 PM
Honky Tonk Man Hyde Park wil be a hits-fest. Especially when you conider the fact its been such a long time since they wrre last in the UK. I actually wouldn't mind seeing them. I could imagene it been quite a fun gig and I think we all like a bit of Crazy and Walk This Way
25th February 2007 12:13 PM
Nellcote Tom Hamilton played the club gig last week in London annoucing the tour, which is good news.
They've still got it.
25th February 2007 03:18 PM
jaymze Yeah, I reckon they will focus on the hits from the late 80's and early 90's instead of the more ballsy stuff from the 1970's. Especially when you factor in their practical non-existance in the UK / Europe before they hit big with the Pump CD in 1989. My fave stuff comes from the 1970's, I'm sure they will throw in a few songs from that era. Saying that, I am a fan of all their albums, and I'm sure I'll be screaming along to What It Takes and/or Cryin' if they include them in their set!!

Has anyone heard the charity single done by Girls Aloud V Sugababes (2 trite girly bands from the UK)? The er, "updated" --cough!-- version of Walk This Way? The video is done in the style of the RunDMC version. Its.....interesting.

On a positive note, it might raise the Aerosmith profile for the tour!
25th February 2007 05:24 PM
IrelandCalling4 The 'smiffs!

I too am looking forward to seeing the Boston Band tear it up in Dublin's Marlay Park this coming June!

Whether it's a collection of mostly latter day hits or whether they goose the set with a liberal sprinkling of classic rock'n'roll numbers from their '70's catalogue,of which there are many,Aerosmith seem to always put on one hell of a show!

Judging from the Live DVD's I seen - the new & old stuff seems to mix incredibly well,a varied set,and at this stage in the game,the band never deliver a bad show,so,roll on Marlay Park -- Jaymze,I'll see you there!

Walk this way...
5th March 2007 03:16 AM
jaymze Yo dude!

Excellent that you are heading to see them in june as well -i got my ticket a few days ago. Wooooohooooo!!!!!

Should be an excellent gig for sure!
5th March 2007 04:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Hyde Park wil be a hits-fest. Especially when you conider the fact its been such a long time since they wrre last in the UK. I actually wouldn't mind seeing them. I could imagene it been quite a fun gig and I think we all like a bit of Crazy and Walk This Way

I actually have tickets for the hyde park gig.

My GF loves aerosmith and i thought i would treat her.

I will just spend the day on the piss and sunbathing!
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
5th March 2007 06:02 PM
jaymze
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

I will just spend the day on the piss and sunbathing!

Well make sure to sober up in time for the headlining act! I'm sure they will put on a great show and hope you will be impressed!!
5th March 2007 09:15 PM
tumbled Steven Tyler does Amazing Grace for Dave

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)