ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Gamma Presse with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who's more pathetic: van halen or guns&roses ?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd February 2007 05:26 PM
jtorquetti

This topic!
22nd February 2007 05:28 PM
Saint Sway have you heard the latest?
22nd February 2007 05:34 PM
fireontheplatter this is a toughy

i am going to have to say van headache

sometimes i wonder why we're here, but i don't care..i don't care
23rd February 2007 10:02 AM
egon the real guns n roses doesn't exist anymore,
so i have to go with van halen.

but between eddie & axl....
23rd February 2007 11:57 AM
Saint Sway WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Van Halen is now the undisputed most pathetic band.

Unless, of course, Axl is working as an EMT

quote:
Diamond David Lee Roth said:
The 52-year-old was wearing a snappy black suit and the short haircut that has recently replaced his old pro-wrestler cut. He still flashes a karate smile, but the singer seems calmer and more focused than in years past. The reason, he said, is that he's fresh from working as an emergency medical technician in New York. It's a longtime dream of his to be a paramedic, and the unglamorous gurney and rubber-glove duty humbled him, he said.

"I was working in neighborhoods that were almost exclusively black and Spanish-speaking, so only maybe twice out of 200 clients was I recognized.... I was joking about this in the truck on New Year's Eve, which was my last shift — I was working in Brooklyn, down in Coney Island — I said that I've been in more project apartments than Jay-Z and Diddy combined."

^^^^ YOU JUST CAN"T MAKE THIS SHIT UP RONNNIE!!!

YOU JUST CAN'T!!!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
23rd February 2007 12:37 PM
Poison Dart As fucked up as they both are. I would have to go with the once mighty Van Halen as being the more fucked up of the two.

Without getting some help EVH isn't going to be alive in two more years.

23rd February 2007 12:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

Without getting some help EVH isn't going to be alive in two more years.

"I done run out of teeth"

23rd February 2007 02:35 PM
mojoman oy vey halen
23rd February 2007 02:42 PM
jb At one time, both were entertaining rock bands. I was never a huge fan of either, but in the early 80's Van Halen was more popular than the Stones to most highschool age/college age guys. Likewise, in the late 80's Guns and Roses were the next "greatest rock" band . I noticed them b/c of their videos and off course , they opened for the Stones in 89. Who can forget Salt Of the Earth with Axl and Izzy from AC as well. Both bands tended to be their own worst enemies. DLR was a pompous ass who like Mick, thought his solo career would take off way beyond his stint as a lead singer for VH. We all saw how that turned out. Likewise, EVH's rapid decline is both tragic and sad. As for the "Gunners". I liked Slash and Izzy very much. They were great players and paid the Stones their due. Unfortunately, Axl was not able to handle the success and imo, completely blew it with his many fits and reincarnations of the band. You can't deny either their due as hard rocking, feel good rock.. but unlike the Stiones, success seemed to doom both of them.
[Edited by jb]
23rd February 2007 03:02 PM
Some Guy Fast Times at Ridgemont High is a classic.
23rd February 2007 03:04 PM
texile damn, evh looks like shit...
like a toothless, little old man.
just alcohol?
23rd February 2007 03:06 PM
Some Guy
quote:
texile wrote:
damn, evh looks like shit...
like a toothless, little old man.
just alcohol?

there are those that claim he is doing meth and hooked badly, hope not.
23rd February 2007 03:14 PM
mojoman "Me and Mick Are Gonna Wing On Over to London and Jam with The Stones"
26th February 2007 05:09 AM
corgi37 Phoebe Cates! Phoebe Cates! Phoebe Cates!
26th February 2007 09:52 PM
Jethrostone Guns N Roses

It takes you a decade to release one album?! LOL.
26th February 2007 11:12 PM
Lethargy Exactly. Guns N Roses is even more lame than the current Beach Boys - who are an utter disgrace with only TWO original members - let alone the 13 years to release an album.

Give ME a few million bucks, plus 13 years to do it, and I WILL COME UP WITH a great rock album, even starting out with no musical skills. Axl is the biggest loser in rock.

quote:
Jethrostone wrote:
Guns N Roses

It takes you a decade to release one album?! LOL.

27th February 2007 02:50 PM
Saint Sway no new album or not.... ya gotta admit the Carrot Top lookin dude is hanging with much finer babes then the VH gang (with the exception of Wolfie of course. Lord knows what kind of HS tail he's realing in right now!)

word is you gotta have better drugs around to score with her too, no?

1 point for GNR
27th February 2007 03:15 PM
pdog Despite the delay of G n R's album, they did manage to tour a bit. I saw them last year, small venue, with low expectations. The show was really good... The new songs were good live, and Axl's voice sounded great. I could give a rats ass about VH. Free tickets to a show at The Warfield, with DLR and Anthony, I still wouldn't go. I'd sell them to some idiot for a ton of money... G N R with just Axl from the original line up, smokes VH in any incarnation...
[Edited by pdog]
27th February 2007 03:20 PM
Some Guy Sadly, the fat lady sings for VH.
27th February 2007 03:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
G N R with just Axl from the original line up, smokes VH in any incarnation...

YOU MAKE SOME GUY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but nothin can stop this fool from grinnin like glue huffer
v
v
v
v

27th February 2007 03:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Sadly, the fat lady sings for VH.

what??? Sammy's back???
27th February 2007 03:26 PM
jb Stock market down 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th February 2007 03:35 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Stock market down 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

down under 400 points, less than 1/2 hour to go...
27th February 2007 03:36 PM
jb http://www.spiritofhealing.com/articles/html/cleansing_the_bowels.htm
27th February 2007 03:40 PM
Saint Sway Chaney still standing...
27th February 2007 03:42 PM
pdog Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
27th February 2007 03:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

YOU MAKE SOME GUY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but nothin can stop this fool from grinnin like glue huffer
v
v
v
v

Knee Grow pleeze!

27th February 2007 03:48 PM
BILL PERKS Y'ALL WILL RUE THE DAY
27th February 2007 03:53 PM
Saint Sway bigger than....

27th February 2007 03:54 PM
Some Guy Jump

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)