ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones at Longview Farms in Mass this weekend?? Return to archive
March 6th, 2005 11:29 AM
Bob Tamp Durty Sox on Shidoobee says he heard from a source that some of the Stones may be at Longview Farms in Massachusetts this weekend possibly recording. The Stones used the farm in 1981 to rehearse for the American tour.

Longview has also been used by Aeroshit, and J Geils band.

Its probably another bullshit story somebody started, but then again nobody knows. Anything is possible with the Stones.
March 6th, 2005 11:46 AM
Gazza I read that there too. Have to say it seems somewhat unlikely, given the timing

I cant see why theyd rehearse there if they were about to record somewhere like Paris or NY which is nowhere near and which would have sufficient rehearsal space nearby.

Plus,with Ronnie playing in London next weekend I would imagine he would be spending much of the week in rehearsal for that show, and presumably in England, as most of the people involved in that show would be based there.
[Edited by Gazza]
March 6th, 2005 03:26 PM
FOURCHETTE Mick and Keith are in Mick's mansion in The Loire Valley. At Fourchette, actually...
[Edited by FOURCHETTE]
March 6th, 2005 09:03 PM
StonesChick
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
Mick and Keith are in Mick's mansion in The Loire Valley. At Fourchette, actually...
[Edited by FOURCHETTE]

Really?? That's great news! Do you know if they are recording there?

Wish I was there with them!!
March 6th, 2005 09:30 PM
Soldatti Well, I'm sure that Ronnie is out of the recordings/rehearsals.
March 6th, 2005 09:48 PM
LadyJane
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
Mick and Keith are in Mick's mansion in The Loire Valley. At Fourchette, actually...
[Edited by FOURCHETTE]

Okay...who is going to bankroll the RO Ladies Mick/Keith Hunting team's trip to France?

We'll need night vision goggles, maps, good ropes for scaling walls AND French Maid uniforms.

LJ.
March 7th, 2005 02:57 AM
glencar I wish they were at Longmeadow. I could take tomorrow off & drive up there.
March 7th, 2005 08:12 AM
T&A don't they try to limit their "working time" in the US (especially on tour years) due to tax/legal laws? I know that's one reason they typically do rehearsals in Toronto...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood