ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Header - Keith Richards, New Barbs Return to archive
March 6th, 2005 10:12 AM
Child of the Moon Wow... I caught myself drooling over that one. One of my favorite pics from my favorite Keith era. Everything about the guy was impossibly cool back then - the look, the attitude, the songs, the guitars... hell, he still PLAYED the damn thing back then!

I have a great story about this picture, concerning myself. A couple of years back, when I was living in the dorms, I had this picture on my wall next to my desk. One night I was hanging out with one of my roommates and a few friends. They were all getting ready to go out bowling, while I was going to stay in the room and... I dunno, probably NOT do homework. Anyway, a couple of the people there were these two Japanese exchange student girls, still very much getting acquainted with life in America. One of them spotted the picture of Keith on my wall and asked me, wide-eyed and smiling, "Is that YOU?"

Now, never before had such flattery been bestowed upon me. What could I say? "Yes, that's back when Ronnie and I were still snorting tons of blow and then going on and doing 'Apartment Number Nine'?" I told her, no, but thank you. When I thught about it, though, I could see where the mix-up came in. At the time, I was looking very much like Keith does in that photo. The long hair sticking out everywhere, the gaunt and pale features (this was college, mind you, where self-destruction is of the utmost importance), the guitar. Even my roommate agreed, in all honesty: "Y'know, I can actually see that. You do kind of look like Keith Richards."

THAT, my friends, was a great night.
March 6th, 2005 11:10 AM
monkeyman62 the begining of the end for keiths hair
March 6th, 2005 11:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Very funny story Child

This was the header... now post one of your shots in the infamous "Show us your faces" thread to compare

The New Barbarians
© 1979 Janet Macoska

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood