ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who'd a thunk?................. Return to archive
March 4th, 2005 03:08 PM
Riffhard A Sex Pistol a social conservative? So it would appear. I guess that old chestnut quote from Winston Churchill is true! I hardly fookin' believe it meself! I have a new found respect for the PPistols and I will be lisenting to "Anarchy in the UK" as soon as get home!

Riffhard

Less Swearing on TV, Demands Former Sex Pistol

LONDON (Reuters) - "Wanna be an anarchist?"
At least one of the Sex Pistols, now middle-aged and a father of two, no longer does.

Former Pistols bassist Glen Matlock has called for swearing on British television to be curbed, nearly 30 years after the provocative punk rockers sent shock waves through Britain by using derivations of the dreaded "f"-word on live TV.

"It's pathetic when people swear for the sake of it," Matlock told a television show to be broadcast Sunday. "Something ought to be done about it."

Matlock, 48, also told "X-Rated: The TV Shows They Tried To Ban," that he hated it when his young children heard obscenities on the airwaves.

As a teenager, Matlock co-wrote some of the Pistols' most enduring anthems like "God Save The Queen" and "Anarchy In The UK." He left the group early in 1977 and was replaced by Sid Vicious.

March 4th, 2005 03:27 PM
sirmoonie This makes are much sense as the java-gate controversy.

Conservatives don't swear now? WTF?

I'm starting a new splinter faction. Fuckin' Ultra-Conservatives Koncerned About Shit and Stuff like that (FUCK ASS).

Does anyone honest to god have any idea what terms like liberal and conservative mean anymore? Help me out. I'm completely baffled.
March 4th, 2005 03:41 PM
Riffhard Relax Francis. It's a joke see.

By the way there's a bet going on over at www.maxlugar.com about whether it will be you or FPM who graces us with your presence first. My money is on you,but FPM is leading the vote count right now. C'mon Moonie tis time you popped your cherry over at The Couch! Lot's of fun and the Guinness is on tap and the Makers Mark flows like spring water! Oh yeah,and Stones too! Lots of Stones. All Stars only need apply. You and FPM are the kind of posters that we're looking for. You have the right stuff,so to speak. See you in,what,five or ten minutes?

Riffhard
March 4th, 2005 04:10 PM
FPM C10 I don't know about all THAT but I will see you in a little over 24 hours. Ever been to BB's? Is it necessary to queue up to get a good table? There are 4 of us going, and another group of 4 of my friends going seperately. Should we split up into groups of 2? Is there Guinness on tap? And other important questions?
March 4th, 2005 04:12 PM
FPM C10 PS Glen Matlock got kicked out of the Sex Pistols for liking the Beatles! Fookin' rotter!
March 4th, 2005 04:33 PM
Riffhard I am getting sweaty palms just thinking about tomarrow Monkey Man! I have never been to BB's,but have heard nothing but good things. With the exception of drink prices. That's Manhatten,ofcourse,so that is to be expected. I heard that the sight lines and accuostics are brilliant. We will see each other at some point though. Of that I'm sure.

I'm wondering,what with all these rumours of happenings at Fourchette,if we are going to be treated with Kieth's pressence. It would be nice,and certainly it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Tomarrow night FPM! We reaffirm our Stones/blues brotherhood! The Blimp Brothers ride again! No politics!

Speaking of no politics. There are no politics at www.maxlugar.com. Unless,ofcourse,you choose to visit the politics page. I am now officialy changing my bet to you FPM! C'mon be the posting superstar you are,and were born to be! Give us a glimmer.

Riffhard
March 4th, 2005 04:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Relax Francis. It's a joke see.

By the way there's a bet going on over at www.maxlugar.com about whether it will be you or FPM who graces us with your presence first. My money is on you,but FPM is leading the vote count right now. C'mon Moonie tis time you popped your cherry over at The Couch! Lot's of fun and the Guinness is on tap and the Makers Mark flows like spring water! Oh yeah,and Stones too! Lots of Stones. All Stars only need apply. You and FPM are the kind of posters that we're looking for. You have the right stuff,so to speak. See you in,what,five or ten minutes?

Riffhard

I told you, I'm scared. The Fear.

Its a big e-move, Riffie, and things are not going well in my personal e-life right now. None of my e-girlfriends send me friendly PMs anymores.

Trepidation.

Hey, do you guys have a drinking thread over there? Would I be allowed to start one, and be the moderator? Its always been my dream to moderate excessive drinking.
March 4th, 2005 04:53 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I told you, I'm scared. The Fear.

Its a big e-move, Riffie, and things are not going well in my personal e-life right now. None of my e-girlfriends send me friendly PMs anymores.

Trepidation.

Hey, do you guys have a drinking thread over there? Would I be allowed to start one, and be the moderator? Its always been my dream to moderate excessive drinking.

YES! Moonie you can moderate the drinking. We are in dire need of moderation. www.maxlugar.com is your oyster! I have now changed my bet back to you!

Riffhard
March 4th, 2005 04:56 PM
FPM C10 Jesus, is Maxy offering a recruiting bonus for bringing in new blood?

I'm not counting on seeing Keith. (It'll be great if I do, though! Clapton would be cool too!) I've seen the band and they are awesome by themselves. A guest pianist or harp player (James Cotton? Paul Oscher?) would be cool - David Jo's harp skills are rudimentary, which works on Howlin' Wolf songs, but to do justice to Muddy Waters songs you need a great harp player.

But hey, we'll see what happens! I know it's going to be great. It's gonna be great to see you again, too, my brother!

Tomorrow!
March 4th, 2005 05:01 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Jesus, is Maxy offering a recruiting bonus for bringing in new blood?

Yes he is. Well,not really. It's a pyramid scam,but,shhhhh. Don't tell anyone! It'll be our little secret. We ain't desperate. Just greedy.

Keith or no Keith tomarrow will be one for the books for sure my flea infested simian friend!

My bet is back on you!

Riffhard
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood