ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: W's Ipod Return to archive
March 4th, 2005 07:09 AM
Factory Girl
Aaron Neville
CCR
Kenney Chesney
Alan Jackson
March 4th, 2005 08:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "W" has an I-pod?????
March 4th, 2005 10:15 AM
glencar Ipods any good?
March 4th, 2005 04:58 PM
White House Lawn I sure love mine!
March 4th, 2005 05:39 PM
Dan This was posted in page 8 or 9 of the other thread but its been abandoned by all but the true believers.
March 4th, 2005 06:01 PM
Poplar
I think we've worn this out.

but I sure love my ipod - use it every day.
(and yes - i have every stones album on there)
March 4th, 2005 08:08 PM
Factory Girl I wasn't reading the other post. Pardon the "deja-vu".
March 6th, 2005 04:27 AM
Taptrick

aren't the ipods not able to play mp3s?

March 6th, 2005 05:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot For someone like me, the iPod is a godsend. I don't know how I lived without one. I don't have to lug any CDs around with me anymore. I got the iTrip FM adapter, and can play the thing on any FM radio. It's like being able to have your entire CD collection in a little thing the size of a cigarette pack. You can also get an adapter to let you plug the thing into your home stereo...or a PA system. Wicked cool.

You can play MP3s on iPod, you just have to convert them. It's a very simple process, nothing more than a couple of clicks.

The drawback is that when your rechargable battery no longer holds a charge, you are stuck to a power source, or you gotta send it back to Apple with $99.00 and they'll send you a new one. I'm told the battery will last about 24 months of hard use. Casual use will last longer. Someone screwed the pooch with that one.
March 6th, 2005 06:47 PM
charlotte iPod Out-of-warranty Battery Replacement Program
Frequently Asked Questions

What is the iPod Battery Replacement Program?
If your iPod requires service only because the battery’s ability to hold an electrical charge has diminished, Apple will replace your iPod for a service fee of $99, plus $6.95 shipping. Be sure to follow all of the battery troubleshooting steps before submitting your iPod for battery replacement.

How much does it cost to participate in the program?
The program costs $99, plus $6.95 shipping. The total program cost is $105.95 per unit.

How do I send in my iPod for battery replacement service?
Easy. Just complete our iPod service request form. Please review the service terms and conditions. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to participate in the program.

Will the data on my iPod be preserved?
No, your songs and files will not be transferred to your replacement iPod. Please backup important files, and remove all data from your iPod before sending it to Apple.

Will my iPod personalization be preserved?
If your original iPod was personalized by Apple, your replacement iPod will be automatically personalized with same text. If your original iPod was custom laser engraved by another company, your replacement iPod will not be personalized.

How long will it take to receive my replacement iPod?
If your iPod is not personalized, your service will take approximately one week from the date we receive your iPod for service to the date you receive your replacement iPod. If your iPod is personalized, your service will take approximately two to three weeks from the date we receive your iPod for service to the date you receive your replacement iPod.
March 6th, 2005 06:53 PM
charlotte
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

aren't the ipods not able to play mp3s?

iTunes can import music from Windows Media Player, MusicMatch and any other app that uses MP3, AAC or WMA (unprotected). iTunes 4.5 will now convert files digitized by Windows Media Player in unprotected format to AAC, so you can use them in iTunes or on iPod. When you import your MusicMatch library or other MP3 collection, you can choose to let iTunes make a copy of the library, or point to the old files. If you want to gather up all your music later, iTunes lets you consolidate your library anytime.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood