ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
Đ 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FROM IORR.......... Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 3rd, 2005 07:32 AM
JumpingKentFlash TomStones posts this on IORR!!!!!!! All credit goes to him.
----------------------------------

YES, itīs true. The Stones will play this rumoured show on 28 Aug 2005. Just got the information from a friend in England. This show is already being organized. Wow amazing. You can kill me if this does not happen, I am 100 % sure now. It really looks like there will be some other european dates in Aug/Sep 2005. Maybe they want to promote their album first in Europe before going on an American tour. Itīs a big market for them, so if they want to have a good chart position this is the right thing to do.

----------------------------------

And there's a link too you guys: http://www.virtualfestivals.com/festivals/festival.cfm?festivalid=162

Check it out............
March 3rd, 2005 07:39 AM
Jumacfly thanks JKF!!
I hope for more dates in Europe, i couldn t open the link here at work, so where is it located exactly??
March 3rd, 2005 07:42 AM
FotiniD Thanks JumpingKentFlash... Things are starting to look rather good for you lucky ones in the UK

The link says this:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Back after 36 years!

Although still to be officially confirmed, VF has it on good authority that the greatest rock n' roll band in the world will be returning to Hyde Park for a massive outdoor show, as part of their 2005 world tour.

The band famously performed in front of their largest audience to date (500,000) last time they played in Hyde Park, back in 1969. It was free, though!

March 3rd, 2005 07:51 AM
Jumacfly thanks my sweet FotiniD
Benny
March 3rd, 2005 08:01 AM
egon so is this like a 1st confirmed date of a world tour,
or just 1 show? do the usually have concert in hyde park?
will it be free? do i book my ticket yet?
March 3rd, 2005 08:45 AM
Bob Tamp Be forwarned. Dont be dumb and book tickets to fly over to London until officially announced.

It would be great, but I just dont see it happening. I still see the Fenway opening in Boston more plausible than the other rumors floating around. Time will tell!
March 3rd, 2005 10:09 AM
gimmekeef I have it on very good authority that they are kicking off the tour in my basement Labor Day Weekend....There will be a surprise gig in my garage the night before.To sign up for my fanclub presale send $500 immediately....See you there!
March 3rd, 2005 10:53 AM
Dan
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Thanks JumpingKentFlash... Things are starting to look rather good for you lucky ones in the UK

The link says this:

Back after 36 years!

Although still to be officially confirmed, VF has it on good authority that the greatest rock n' roll band in the world will be returning to Hyde Park for a massive outdoor show, as part of their 2005 world tour.

The band famously performed in front of their largest audience to date (500,000) last time they played in Hyde Park, back in 1969. It was free, though!

this has been up for about 2 months
March 3rd, 2005 02:02 PM
kath IORR is very reliable
March 3rd, 2005 02:09 PM
Dan
quote:
kath wrote:
IORR is very reliable

Yes it is. However this was off the message board, not the news section.
March 3rd, 2005 03:11 PM
glencar I'm still waiting outside the Trocadero in Philly. It's been a cold 4 weeks but any day now...
March 3rd, 2005 03:57 PM
JumpingKentFlash Hey Glencar. Let me know the address to that club and I'll send you a pot of coffee. You're gonna be there for a while mate.
March 3rd, 2005 08:17 PM
corgi37 Wouldnt it be cool if it really happened.
March 3rd, 2005 09:17 PM
Gazza yeah

just as long as they dont end the US tour that follows it with a similar free show at Altamont....
March 3rd, 2005 09:34 PM
gotdablouse The best news here is that they're doing something new by not starting a tour in the US as they have been doing since 1981 (plus 1975 I guess), no longer going through the motions (of sorts of course), a good sign for the new album possibly.
March 3rd, 2005 09:57 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm still waiting outside the Trocadero in Philly. It's been a cold 4 weeks but any day now...

joephillystone, July 9 2004:

TOUR START

FEBRUARY 8, 2005

PHILADELPHIA

TROCADERO

followed by a run of SPECTRUM DATES

Then off to NY...............................Boston, Chicago, Toronto (Canada), Montreal (Canada), St. Louis, New Orleans, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Texas (Houston), Los Angeles, San Francisco and the United States action ends in Las Vegas. As it stands now, 13 cities with extended, multiple venue runs. I should know more details either today or in the coming week. The formula is in place, and the i's need to be dotted and the t's need to be crossed. Sadly enough, my sources come from the business side of this deal and I have no clue about album, etc.
--------
right now new orleans to get a run of arena shows only, although house of blues in new orleans under consideration for a high end ticket priced show. stay tuned!

from what i hear, no press conference to announce tour, only a press release, possibly within the next 3 weeks to be released followed by ticket sale information.
--------

rock solid..................the band realizes that because of age, the window of opportunity to pull of a "licks" like tour is dwindling. from my business associate, rumored tour name................."NOW is the TIME!"

Check the dates Glencar, they are on NY or Boston maybe.
March 4th, 2005 04:38 AM
Gazza ahhhh..nostalgia....I loved the hysteria surrounding those posts..

especially when the guy started getting snotty when people doubted his "rock solid" info, then started feeding them new info avery couple of hours, to the point where he not only knew the tour title but what was in the band's thoughts, ("The band realises.." etc)

wonderful stuff!
[Edited by Gazza]
March 4th, 2005 05:58 AM
Moonisup I'm getting a bit tired. All the rumours, 98% is bollocks and again people are posting them, and tend to believe one rumour after another, isn't that naieve??
March 4th, 2005 06:02 AM
egon but one day the rumours will become true.
March 4th, 2005 06:06 AM
Moonisup
quote:
egon wrote:
but one day the rumours will become true.

no I'm not gay hahah
March 4th, 2005 12:24 PM
Snappy McJack Do Not Believe The Hype!
March 4th, 2005 12:57 PM
Jumping Jack Hyde Park is appropriate for Mick Taylor's return to the band.

March 4th, 2005 01:01 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Hyde Park is appropriate for Mick Taylor's return to the band.

a good occasion to change the water of the pool too.
March 4th, 2005 01:14 PM
F505
March 4th, 2005 02:19 PM
Cocaine Eyes It's not on the list anymore and Clear Channel has denied the Hyde Park gig.
March 4th, 2005 03:50 PM
glencar Just anotehr false report....
March 4th, 2005 06:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:
It's not on the list anymore and Clear Channel has denied the Hyde Park gig.

they would - but its true that the "almost certain" 'Stones In The Park Mk. II' story has indeed now been removed from that gossip site where it originally appeared.

From what I've heard, for some reason they dont give performing licences for Hyde Park in the month of August anyway...

March 4th, 2005 07:00 PM
gotdablouse Too bad, still I hope they break the mold and start touring in Europe this summer for a change.

By coincidence I was watching a poor quality VCD of Knebworth 1976 tonught and man was it another ball game at the time in spite of the presence of "facile musicians" (Keith's words) like Billy Preston (what would Keith be calling Chuck !), watching Keith rip trought the riff of Hot Stuff is a sight to behold, almost expected Mick to launch into "Highway Child" next ! It's also surprising to see Ronnie playing without his trademark grimacing !
March 4th, 2005 08:38 PM
Soldatti Knebworth 1976 was incredible and their longer show ever. Sadly I only have a bad sounding bootleg from this show.
March 6th, 2005 10:37 PM
Make It Funky Well, like I have said many times before ,there are innumerable comparisons and correlatoins between the Black Crowes and the Rolling Stones. Too many to bore you all with here in this mini post... but... Hey, if Marc Ford (the second guitarist for the Crowes) can return in the line-up after a hiatus, surely, Mick Taylor (the second guitarist for the Stone) would be inclined to return into the line-up after a 31 year hiatus??

Can we not agree upon putting Ron Wood BACK on bass, where he originally belongs?

What kind of tour are we hoping for here anyways??? Greatest hits? Obscures and rarities? Clubs? Festivals?
Raceways? Im a bit reluctant to attend the shows. I can't see the next tour topping Licks. Those Dublin shows were the icing on the cake. How greedy can they be? How greedy can we be????

cheers.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood