ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Wood - London Pre-show get together Return to archive
March 1st, 2005 07:11 PM
Gazza I'm looking for some feedback on where we could meet up prior to the Drury Lane show on Sunday 13th March

Kim from Denmark sent me this link:

http://www.coventgarden.uk.com/fooddir.html#goodpub

Any ideas would be welcome. Personally I like the idea of this "Nell of Old Drury" as it happens to be across the street from the venue, has a function room for free upstairs (I could check availability of course) and serves food as well

more on the pub here :

http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub546.htm

I'm not looking to organise anything too formal due to the fact most people are only in town for the night of the concert and the relatively short notice of this gig, but it would be nice to get somewhere where the folks from Rocks Off, IORR, Shidoobee etc can get together and hang out before the show
[Edited by Gazza]
March 2nd, 2005 01:46 AM
tumblingdice01 Unfortunately if you read the first website, the pub across the street is only open Mon-Sat! I have a single ticket to the show but my wife and I both need to eat before she heads back to the hotel so whatever you come up with I will definitely consider. It would be tremendous to meet folks from the different boards.
[Edited by tumblingdice01]
March 2nd, 2005 08:41 AM
Gazza thanks for the tip about that pub. I overlooked that. Any other suggestions? I'm not bothered where we meet up to be honest
March 2nd, 2005 03:14 PM
emoon I'm going!!! woo hoo!! hope to see all of you there and I hope you find a nice place to meet us.
March 2nd, 2005 03:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Felicidades emoon!!

Congratulations, great to have someone from México representing us there!

Hey Gazza remember the alternate name for the Some Girls album, so don't do it

BTW, welcome to the clinic and rememeber we also have a forum in Spanish
March 2nd, 2005 03:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Felicidades emoon!!

Congratulations, great to have someone from México representing us there!

Hey Gazza remember the alternate name for the Some Girls album, so don't do it

what - "More Fast Numbers" ?
March 2nd, 2005 05:50 PM
Flairville I'm not bothered where we meet either. Gazza, you're king of the board so just name the venue!!
March 2nd, 2005 06:22 PM
Gazza A lofty and undeserved title..lol

Seriously though, I'll give it maybe until the weekend until I get more feedback - I've posted this on Shidoobee and IORR as well. I certainly dont want to impose my wishes on others if it doesnt suit them.

Its a bit awkward really though as I dont live in London, so I'm going into this a bit "blind".

However, I think theres enough bars in that area that should be suitable....obviously if we can get one that serves food, it would be helpful too
March 3rd, 2005 05:07 AM
Zeeta I used to work in this area a few months back and I'd go to The Porter House:
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/366/Porterhouse/Covent_Garden

A good craic in there!

You lucky bastards hope you all enjoy - free ticket donations to me for recommending a bar are welcome!
March 4th, 2005 07:00 PM
Gazza Cheers, Zeeta!

Please check e-mail and PM, mate!
March 5th, 2005 06:55 AM
hotlicks THE MORNING STAR?
March 5th, 2005 07:35 AM
Gazza fuck off..lol

I'll be phoning a couple of places today and tomorrow and will finalise things then
March 6th, 2005 09:58 AM
Gazza Ok..here goes..after making a few enquiries by phone, I've settled on the LOWLANDER CAFE, which is based at 36 Drury Lane and is about a ten minute walk from the venue, which is in Catherine Street

They are open from midday to 10 pm Sunday. You will be able to get food in there if you wish, and they have an upstairs lounge which they will reserve for us - it should be perfectly adequate for 25-30 people which I think should be sufficient for what we need

After having phoned a few places, it seems that because it's a Sunday, you won't get any bars opening late in Covent Garden after the show is over - it seems that most stop serving alcohol around 10 or 10.30. I've been advised to try the Leicester Square area (which is nearby) if anyone wants to go somewhere reasonably local to have a few drinks later on.

This thread is now locked and unstickied as there will be a separate stickied thread with updated info
[Edited by Gazza]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood