ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: President Dubya's favorite tracks ??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
March 3rd, 2005 02:08 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Oh. Right.

And I suppose a lot of your friends are gay too, right?

When will you be coming?

www.maxlugar.com.

Josh just "Came Out". (He likes Moon is Up)

March 3rd, 2005 02:13 PM
Maxlugar [quote]sirmoonie wrote:

The point is they are now free

Hey www.maxlugar.com is free!

Moonie, we are waiting for you!

Everyone is betting that FPM will be there first.

My Mooney (Get it?!) is on you!

See you there!

Maxlugar, CEO, CIO, CFO and C3PO - Maxlugar.com Enterprises.
March 3rd, 2005 03:09 PM
glencar I just received an email about Starbucks not supporting our troops. Anyone else hear about this?
March 3rd, 2005 04:32 PM
Riffhard Yeah that's a true story Blue. Apparently some of the troops inside Iraq were jonesing for their favorite Starbucks coffee. The troops wrote to Starbucks corporate offices in Seattle and asked if they wouldn't mind sending a "care package" of Starbucks for the men and women serving in Iraq. They recaived a letter from the higher ups inside the Starbucks corp. The letter stated flatly that Starbucks does not support "Mr. Bush or his Iraqi misadventure" therefore no coffee will be forthcoming! Liberals wonder why people on the right accuse them of not supporting our troops. Well there ya go! I,for one,won't be drinking anymore of their swill for the rest of my life!

This story is just starting to make the rounds. I have no doubt that as the negative press from those zealots in the vast rightwing media conspiracy gains momentum that Starbucks will be forced to appologize and send over the coffee,but I'm not holding my breath. I mean we are talking about Seattle here afterall. Anyway,fuck Starbucks!

Riffhard
March 3rd, 2005 04:38 PM
glencar Ah but Riffhard, I just received a second email wherein the guy who wrote the first one admits he made a mistake & the story isn't true. snopes.com also debunked it & they're pretty non-partisan. In any case, I'll post it if I get a chance.
March 3rd, 2005 04:39 PM
glencar Here's the 2nd email: ">>>>>Dear Readers,

>>>>>Almost 5 months ago I sent an email to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thou that needs to be cleared up. I heard from word of mouth >>>>>about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly >>>>>like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports the men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been >>>>>sent many of their Company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick wrong letter I sent out to you. Now I ask that you all pass this >>>>>email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

>>>>>Howard C. Wright
>>>>>Sgt USMC
March 3rd, 2005 04:48 PM
Riffhard Please to do post that e-mail. I'd love to see it. God I hope that the story is not true because I really kind of like Starbucks coffee! However,if there is any truth to this story that would be beyond shameful. I can't believe that a company as successful as Starbucks would make such a major PR fuckup. My other question is who would go out of their way to besmirch Starbucks' name? That's a bit fucked up. I was told about this story from a buddy of mine and he was adament about it. He must have received it from a chain like e-mail. Starbucks would be wise to make a publc effort to support the troops by sending lots of coffee and biscotti. That would end the rumour once and for all,and it would be great for them in the long run anyway. It would be a win/win scenario.

Riffhard

March 3rd, 2005 04:57 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yeah that's a true story Blue. Apparently some of the troops inside Iraq were jonesing for their favorite Starbucks coffee. The troops wrote to Starbucks corporate offices in Seattle and asked if they wouldn't mind sending a "care package" of Starbucks for the men and women serving in Iraq. They recaived a letter from the higher ups inside the Starbucks corp. The letter stated flatly that Starbucks does not support "Mr. Bush or his Iraqi misadventure" therefore no coffee will be forthcoming! Liberals wonder why people on the right accuse them of not supporting our troops. Well there ya go! I,for one,won't be drinking anymore of their swill for the rest of my life!

This story is just starting to make the rounds. I have no doubt that as the negative press from those zealots in the vast rightwing media conspiracy gains momentum that Starbucks will be forced to appologize and send over the coffee,but I'm not holding my breath. I mean we are talking about Seattle here afterall. Anyway,fuck Starbucks!

Riffhard

Jesus Christ.......
March 3rd, 2005 04:59 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Please to do post that e-mail. I'd love to see it. God I hope that the story is not true because I really kind of like Starbucks coffee! However,if there is any truth to this story that would be beyond shameful. I can't believe that a company as successful as Starbucks would make such a major PR fuckup. My other question is who would go out of their way to besmirch Starbucks' name? That's a bit fucked up. I was told about this story from a buddy of mine and he was adament about it. He must have received it from a chain like e-mail. Starbucks would be wise to make a publc effort to support the troops by sending lots of coffee and biscotti. That would end the rumour once and for all,and it would be great for them in the long run anyway. It would be a win/win scenario.

Riffhard

Jesus Christ Part II........

Where can I sign up for these e-mails? I reaaaaallllllly want to learn about stuff.
March 3rd, 2005 04:59 PM
Riffhard Thanks Blue! I have not lost all faith in mankind afterall! That Sgt. should have done his homework better for sure. I would think though,that if your stationed in Iraq and you hear these kind of rumours it makes your blood boil,and you'd be tempted to lash out.

Riffhard
March 3rd, 2005 05:01 PM
Riffhard Hi Moonie! Ever visit www.maxlugar.com? You ought to!

Riffhard
March 3rd, 2005 05:08 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Jesus Christ Part II........

Where can I sign up for these e-mails? I reaaaaallllllly want to learn about stuff.

Hi Moonnie Part II......

I never received the e-mail. I just heard about the story from a friend who I trust. Apparently he was led astray by this guys e-mail. I get my news from good honest news organiztions like cBS and the NYTs/Jason Blair.

Riffhard
March 3rd, 2005 11:11 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hi Moonie! Ever visit www.maxlugar.com? You ought to!

Riffhard

Hi Riffie. As much as I love you guys, I just haven't been able to get there yet. Frankly, I have The Fear. Like when I was the only white kid in seventh grade.

Maybe some day. Hand of fate type sitch.

Hey, I got an e-mail that says Caribou is giving 20% discounts to U.N. employees. I'll get to the bottom of this and report back. If there is some kind of coverup going on, I'll extract a pound of piss. Bean roasting, America hating, motherfuckers!
March 3rd, 2005 11:38 PM
Bloozehound lets go party in the drinking thread, vatos

bars open, on me
March 4th, 2005 12:36 AM
Child of the Moon But Joey! www.maxlugar.com contains that brilliant photo of Billy Preston in Iron Man's armor! For this and this alone, it gets my hearty endorsement.
March 4th, 2005 06:07 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I would think though,that if your stationed in Iraq and you hear these kind of rumours it makes your blood boil,and you'd be tempted to lash out.

Riffhard

d-i-s-c-i-p-l-i-n-e
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood