ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: President Dubya's favorite tracks ??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
February 23rd, 2005 03:15 PM
kath we're not "at" anything!!! we're trying to stay on thread.
February 23rd, 2005 03:17 PM
Poplar MAINZ, Germany (Reuters) - Putting their nasty dispute over Iraq behind them, President Bush and German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder vowed Wednesday to foster a partnership they said was vital to the trans-Atlantic alliance.

Side by side at a press conference in Mainz, where Bush's father once called on West Germany to play a bigger role in the world and become a "partner in leadership," the tone was warm although the talk of past division was frank.

"Europe is America's closest ally," Bush said on the second stop of a European tour. "In order for us to have good relations with Europe we have to have good relations with Germany."

It was a flat rejection of his administration's jibe about "old Europe," when Washington ignored objections from Berlin and Paris and invaded Iraq with help from smaller European states.

"No one is denying there were differences in the past. But that is the past," insisted Schroeder, who angered the White House by tapping anti-Bush sentiment to win re-election in 2002.

-------------

ya see folks, even Gerhard is being a big boy about all this. Clearly he's a man who knows when to move on... knows not to get mired down moping and beefing about things. word to Schroeder.

[Edited by Poplar]
February 23rd, 2005 03:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Poplar wrote:
MAINZ, Germany (Reuters) - Putting their nasty dispute over Iraq behind them, President Bush and German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder vowed Wednesday to foster a partnership they said was vital to the trans-Atlantic alliance.

Side by side at a press conference in Mainz, where Bush's father once called on West Germany to play a bigger role in the world and become a "partner in leadership," the tone was warm although the talk of past division was frank.

"Europe is America's closest ally," Bush said on the second stop of a European tour. "In order for us to have good relations with Europe we have to have good relations with Germany."

It was a flat rejection of his administration's jibe about "old Europe," when Washington ignored objections from Berlin and Paris and invaded Iraq with help from smaller European states.

"No one is denying there were differences in the past. But that is the past," insisted Schroeder, who angered the White House by tapping anti-Bush sentiment to win re-election in 2002.

-------------

ya see folks, even Gerhard is being a big boy about all this. Clearly he's a man who knows when to move on... knows not to get mired down moping and beefing on things. word to Schroeder.

[Edited by Poplar]

Would have liked to seen what Gerhard said in regards to what music W listens to!
February 23rd, 2005 03:35 PM
Factory Girl Hello Dan, how is dvd trading coming along?
February 23rd, 2005 03:45 PM
Poplar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Would have liked to seen what Gerhard said in regards to what music W listens to!

Polka, for sure.

February 23rd, 2005 03:52 PM
kath thanks voodoopug. i appreciate your efforts to keep this on thread.
February 23rd, 2005 03:53 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
thanks voodoopug. i appreciate your efforts to keep this on thread.

Hi KATH !!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by Josh ]
[Edited by Joey]
February 23rd, 2005 05:01 PM
kath how's my little joeykins doing????
February 23rd, 2005 05:09 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
how's my little joeykins doing????

Hello Kath .......................

Not Bad --- My Hangover broke about 1:30 PM CDT and I feel so Frisky right now that I could literally ......................W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .........OH ! ....Ok ! :

Soft ! ....A little ' runny ' ......BUT NOT STINKY THOUGH !

[ Edited by Joshy ]
[Edited by Joey]
February 23rd, 2005 05:11 PM
Dan
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hello Dan, how is dvd trading coming along?

Wonderful. Gone thru over a hundred blanks in the last 10 days and about to get more. Have a few rare and unique things to add to the collection in the next few weeks (including Stones). Getting ready to remove to remove my audio list and just pretend the collection doesn't exist anymore.
February 23rd, 2005 05:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
how's my little joeykins doing????

hi kath

February 23rd, 2005 05:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Wonderful. Gone thru over a hundred blanks in the last 10 days and about to get more. Have a few rare and unique things to add to the collection in the next few weeks (including Stones). Getting ready to remove to remove my audio list and just pretend the collection doesn't exist anymore.

Dan .......................................

Did you get in on " THE WHO , HOUSTON ' 75 " DVD ?!?!

Outstanding !!! ... top notch ! ... TOP NOTCH !!!!
February 23rd, 2005 05:20 PM
kath i see you're still "channeling" josh, voodoopug.......
February 23rd, 2005 05:22 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

Dan .......................................

Did you get in on " THE WHO , HOUSTON ' 75 " DVD ?!?!

Outstanding !!! ... top notch ! ... TOP NOTCH !!!!

Yeah and I have watched it about 6 times already...
February 23rd, 2005 05:24 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yeah and I have watched it about 6 times already...

I have watched mine about Twenty-Three Times already ... skipped the " Moon Interview " though
February 23rd, 2005 05:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

I have watched mine about Twenty-Three Times already ... skipped the " Moon Interview " though

joey.....i would love to see this!!!!
February 23rd, 2005 05:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
i see you're still "channeling" josh, voodoopug.......

all for you my dear! in hopes of a future friendship.

February 23rd, 2005 06:21 PM
kath that's just adorable.

kath hurls.......

ah, yes that's much better....
February 23rd, 2005 09:33 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I KNOW that even YOU don't believe this. Much more likely to be into REO Speedwagon. Maybe BTO.

Hmm, I think songs like JJF, Brown Sugar & Start Me Up are known widely & I did read that our President likes the Stones. As for BTO & REO, they are fading into our cultural history.
February 24th, 2005 10:04 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

Hmm, I think songs like JJF, Brown Sugar & Start Me Up are known widely & I did read that our President likes the Stones. As for BTO & REO, they are fading into our cultural history.

Well, since I said that I read that your president likes CCR. Which makes me think that he never listened to the words to "Fortunate Son", a song about his military career.
February 24th, 2005 10:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Well, since I said that I read that your president likes CCR. Which makes me think that he never listened to the words to "Fortunate Son", a song about his military career.

I dont think he will like the Pearl Jam song: "Bushleauger"
February 24th, 2005 11:47 AM
glencar I used to like CCR but I've developed an intolerance for it over the years.
February 24th, 2005 11:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I used to like CCR but I've developed an intolerance for it over the years.

I will always remember them as the band that sued their singer for sounding too much like himself! lol

February 24th, 2005 12:21 PM
prism George W. does not listen to his daddy. His daddy told him not to invade Iraq! W. told reporters his favorite band is the Gatlin Brothers.
February 24th, 2005 12:37 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
I used to like CCR but I've developed an intolerance for it over the years.

a lot of that going around with your political ilk
February 24th, 2005 12:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
prism wrote:
W. told reporters his favorite band is the Gatlin Brothers.

That was just to keep up that "I'm a dumb redneck just like y'all!" front. I'm sure that back in the day when he was doing blow and smoking weed he was jamming to Uriah Heep or something equally noxious.

You know, even if he DID call a press conference to announce that Exile on Main Street, in its entirety, is the new national anthem - I would STILL think he is the worst president in the history of the United States. Yes, even worse than James Buchanan. Worse than Ulysses S. Grant. Worse than his old man!

Hey, has anyone been keeping track of how many times he's said "nukulur" on his tour of Europe? I heard a 20 second sound byte on the radio yesterday, and he said it THREE times during it!

Doesn't he have ANYONE that can pull him aside and say "It's NUCLEAR"? I'm sure Condi knows how to say it.
February 24th, 2005 12:58 PM
Bloozehound gawd damn

will these lil bitch crybabies ever cease
February 24th, 2005 01:10 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
gawd damn

will these lil bitch crybabies ever cease

Fuck NO, asswipe. It wasn't a football game we lost, it was our country.
February 24th, 2005 01:19 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Fuck NO, asswipe. It wasn't a football game we lost, it was our country.

touchy touchy

when I was a kid I always wondered what would become of the crybabies on the playground who always lost at dodgeball and ran off crying accusing the others of cheating or saying the ball was broken or some other such nonsense, now I know, they grew up to become liberals
February 24th, 2005 01:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
now I know, they grew up to become liberals

I'm not a liberal and still don't like Bush. I don't know what he is but he sure ain't no conservative.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood