ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Williams Legacy (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 25th, 2005 09:42 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I think III was using Joeys avatar a while back, and voodoo cut him off

lol!

to quote the man himself "Arrrrrrrrrrrrg....!"

http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8838
February 25th, 2005 11:00 PM
BILL PERKS MY FAVORITE WRITER IS TOWNSEND..HANDS DOWN(WHATEVER THAT MEANS)
February 25th, 2005 11:22 PM
time is on my side Bob Dylan's influence on popular music is incalculable. As a songwriter, he pioneered several different schools of pop songwriting, from confessional singer/songwriter to winding, hallucinatory, stream-of-conscious narratives. As a vocalist, he broke down the notions that in order to perform, a singer had to have a conventionally good voice, thereby redefining the role of vocalist in popular music. As a musician, he sparked several genres of pop music, including electrified folk-rock and country-rock. And that just touches on the tip of his achievements. Dylan's force was evident during his height of popularity in the '60s — the Beatles' shift toward introspective songwriting in the mid-'60s never would have happened without him — but his influence echoed throughout several subsequent generations. Many of his songs became popular standards, and his best albums were undisputed classics of the rock & roll canon. Dylan's influence throughout folk music was equally powerful, and he marks a pivotal turning point in its 20th century evolution, signifying when the genre moved away from traditional songs and toward personal songwriting. Even when his sales declined in the '80s and '90s, Dylan's presence was calculable.

This was quoted from the All Music guide and since I couldn't have said it better myself, I decide to copy it. It sums it all up. The man's a fucking genius. The quality of the songwriting is unbelieveable. Whether you like or dislike Dylan, you can't deny the influence he's had on popular music.

[Edited by time is on my side]
February 27th, 2005 02:24 PM
Honky Tonker He (H3) has a funny song titled " Here to put the dick in dixie and the cunt back in country"!!
February 27th, 2005 02:59 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Honky Tonker wrote:
He (H3) has a funny song titled " Here to put the dick in dixie and the cunt back in country"!!

one of his anti-Nashville songs

Well some say I'm not country
and that's just fine with me
'Cause I don't wanna be country
with some faggot looking over at me
They say that I'm ill-mannered
that I'm gonna self-destruct
But if you know what I'm thinkin'
you'll know that pop country really sucks

So I'm here to put the "dick" in Dixie
and the "cunt" back in country
'Cause the kind of country I hear now days
is a bunch of fuckin' shit to me
They say that I'm ill-mannered

Well we're losing all the outlaws
that had to stand their ground
and they're being replaced by these kids
from a manufactured town
And they don't have no idea
about sorrow and woe
'Cause they're all just too damn busy
kissin' ass on Music Row

So I'm here to put the "dick" in Dixie
and the "cunt" back in country
'Cause the kind of country I hear nowdays
is a bunch of fuckin' shit to me
And they say that I'm ill-mannered

And if you know what I'm thinkin'

March 6th, 2005 12:43 PM
Barney Fife Those God damn pretty boys and girls like Keith Urban, Toby Keith and Shania Twain don't even write their own songs or play real country music and "they're all just too damn busy kissin' ass on Music Row!"

March 6th, 2005 01:03 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:
Those God damn pretty boys and girls like Keith Urban, Toby Keith and Shania Twain don't even write their own songs or play real country music and "they're all just too damn busy kissin' ass on Music Row!"

what do you think of Shooter Jennings debut "outlaw country" album
March 6th, 2005 01:06 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

what do you think of Shooter Jennings debut "outlaw country" album

I haven't heard it, Bloozie, but here's some discussion about it (on the fabulous Hank III Board of course):

http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9704
March 6th, 2005 01:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
March 6th, 2005 05:37 PM
polksalad69
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood