ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones/Sabbath connection??? Return to archive
03-02-03 02:58 PM
Vinyl kills I have always wondered if their paths ever crossed, and if the Stones had a opinion on them. Has anybody ever heard/read anything???

Thanks!
03-02-03 03:07 PM
beer In The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus, That is Tony Iommi playing guitar with Jethro Tull. Tony Iommi is the legendary Sabbath guitarist.
03-02-03 04:16 PM
J.J.Flash Vynyl, I was wondering the same thing! I really would apreciate if anyone of you could gimme more information about it! Thanks in advance!
Keep Rockin!
03-03-03 12:34 AM
gypsymofo60 Yeah! there is a connection, they were my two favourite bands for many years, my Satanic Sojourn! Birmingham& London were totaly different scenes, and by the time Earth/Sabbath broke Nationaly, The Stones had become Exiled in The South of France. Iommi's stint with The Tull was very short indeed.
03-03-03 09:49 AM
mikecooper Tony was in Tull for 2 weeks before returning to Sabbath. He left only Because he felt it wasn't going to go anyplace. He is in the video for R-N-R Circus BUT Tony is not playing the guitar from what I have read their part was recorded from a different time and that Tony is just playing to the music and not for real. You can read more at www.black-sabbath.com and then read the FAQ's.
03-03-03 10:06 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
mikecooper wrote:
Tony was in Tull for 2 weeks before returning to Sabbath. He left only Because he felt it wasn't going to go anyplace. He is in the video for R-N-R Circus BUT Tony is not playing the guitar from what I have read their part was recorded from a different time and that Tony is just playing to the music and not for real. You can read more at www.black-sabbath.com and then read the FAQ's.

Yeah! Song For Jeffery is the original cut note for note. Thing is it's the best cut of the song ever. Beats any version on any Tull album.
03-03-03 10:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In 1981 when Mick Taylor played with the Alvin Lee Band they were the opening band for Black Sabbath

Mick Taylor also recorded for the Black Sabbath compilation album "Under Wheels of Confusion: 1970-1987"
03-04-03 07:16 PM
Vinyl kills Bump
03-04-03 07:41 PM
Mottrush
Hey Voodoo, are you sure about MT playing on "Wheels of Confusion" Box Set? Can't recall him getting any credits on that one!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST