ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TOP 5 UNRELEASED Stones gems..! Return to archive
03-02-03 12:21 PM
MrGlimmerTwin Aaaah,the unreleased ditties we've all been collectin'.And groovin' to like the stones nuts we are.
my top 5 I think would be:
1. claudine
2.Do you think I really care
3.Criss cross mind
4.Zip mouth angel
5.Fast talking,slow walking

Honourable mentions must also go to
1.The excellent "looking tired"
2.Keef's vocal showcase "Let's go steady"
and..
3.Fiji jim.
03-02-03 12:35 PM
Riffhard You forgot "No Spare Parts",which is sheer brilliance! I wish they would finish it and relese that puppy!

Riffhard
03-02-03 12:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 1.- Still a Fool (Beggars banquet Sessions 1968)
2.- Drift Away (IORR Sessions 1974)
3.- Claudine (somegirls sessions 1977-1978)
4.- Fiji Jim (some girls sessioms 1978)
5.- Alright Charlie (Voodoo Lounge Sessions 1993)

ALso many tracks which make it on singles are great like The Storm, Fancy Man Blues, Jump on Top of Me and many more
03-02-03 01:04 PM
Toronto Tom I would love to hear them release Claudine and STill a fool AKA Two Trains Running AKA forget the 3rd name for this song now. I love both these songs.
03-02-03 01:05 PM
Nasty Habits Just five?!?!

OK . . .

1. Still a Fool
2. Cops and Robbers
3. Criss Cross Man
4. Drift Away
5. Cocksucker Blues

Every tune mentioned thus far is great. I'm glad to see Fast Talking Slow Walking get mentioned -- that song would definitely be in my top 10. I had never heard it until a couple years ago on the Half Stoned boot and it kills me, with that feedbacky guitar intro and then the big piano comes in -- this HAS to be a Goat's Head Soup outtake, right?

03-02-03 01:14 PM
Toronto Tom CS Blues was released officially for a short time in a special set. However it was pulled very quickly after its release.

AT least that is what I understand.

03-02-03 02:02 PM
hotlicks I think drift away is a bit dodgy-coud have been better.
03-02-03 06:53 PM
quackenbush What about Highway Child?
03-02-03 07:50 PM
Gazza >CS Blues was released officially for a short time in a special set. However it was pulled very quickly after its release.
AT least that is what I understand.

Hi Tom - yeah youre right. it appeared very briefly as a white label bonus single with the officially released German compilation called "rest of the best" on the Telefunken label (a german offshoot of Decca) in late 1984 before being quickly withdrawn.

fave 5 unreleased songs:

I dont personally think the Stones have stuff in the can to compare with the best theyve ever officially released ( a la Dylan's "Blind Wilie McTell") but heres a few Ive always enjoyed

1) Do You think I Really care
2) Still A Fool
3) Baby Youre too Much (both the oft bootlegegd version and the more polished finished version with saxophone which isnt widely known...)
4) Claudine
5) Honest Man
03-02-03 10:50 PM
JaggaRichards Honest Man
Drift Away
Claudine
I Don't Know The Reason Why
High Heel Sneakers
03-03-03 06:09 AM
Staffan
I Don't Know The Reason Why!!!
It's amazing, 10 minutes of RAW blues...

03-03-03 10:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Buy Cocksucker Blues 12" Ep with b/Brown Sugar HERE There's one copy only! and is just $31.72 USD!!!!! A real collector's item.
03-03-03 11:55 AM
Angiegirl All the above, LOL! Especially Still a fool, all the Chess 64 outtakes, IBC 63, etc. Drift Away is somewhat dodgy, but I have always loved it, it was on one of my first bootlegs, maybe that counts .
03-03-03 12:53 PM
100 Years Ago Great thread! A couple of these I've not heard before:

Fast Talkin' Slow Walkin', Baby You're Too Much

Aren't there two versions of Drift Away? One that it is a bit dodgy, with some off key vocals and slighty out of tune guitar, the other sounds version sounds album worthy.

As for my five, I'd pick:

Fiji Jim
Living Is A Harder Love
Deep Love
Criss Cross
Travelin' Man

what do people think are the best Stones unreleased non-vocal tracks? My top five would be:

I'm A Country Boy
A Different Kind
Act Together
Leather Jacket
Make It Now
03-03-03 01:29 PM
doo doo doo Dude 1.Highway Child
2.Travellin' Man
3.Drift Away
4.Criss Cross Man
5.Claudine
03-03-03 01:51 PM
stewed & Keefed 1. Bright Lights Big City.
2. Cops and Robbers.
3. Still a Fool.
4. Cocksucker Blues.
5. I Don't Know The Reason Why.

All should be re-recorded for the new cd.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
03-03-03 05:52 PM
Child of the Moon 1. Zip Mouth Angel
2. Highway Child
3. Criss Cross Man
4. We Had It All
5. Still a Fool

Usual choices, to be sure, except for maybe We Had It All. That one gets me every single time.
03-03-03 06:54 PM
100 Years Ago yeah "we had it all" is a gem, that and "let's go steady" would've both sounded nice on ER
03-04-03 12:37 PM
sirfito 1/ cops and robbers
2/ bright lights big city
3/ still a fool
4/ claudine
5/ cocaine blues

Fito
03-04-03 01:38 PM
polytoxic I feel like I'm in High Fidelity:

okay, top five:

Claudine
Drift Away
Strictly Memphis
Cops And Robbers
Still A Fool (the heaviest blues they've ever done)
03-04-03 02:05 PM
Joey Fiji Jim
Claudine
Drift Away
Honest Man
Deep love

03-04-03 03:19 PM
100 Years Ago nice to see somebody else digs Deep Love...definitely one of Keith's best riffs of last 20 years. DW sessions rule!
03-04-03 03:27 PM
Joey " Nice to see somebody else digs Deep Love...definitely one of Keith's best riffs of last 20 years. DW sessions rule! "

I thought Deep Love was from the " Undercover Sessions " ?

If it is from DW , SCRATCH THE HELL OUT OF IT !

BOB JACKY !

03-04-03 05:16 PM
100 Years Ago I thought Deep Love was from the " Undercover Sessions " ?

The version I have is from the Crushed Pearl DW outtakes CD, but maybe there's an earlier version
03-04-03 09:12 PM
Stonesprofessor Plus some more:

1. I Can See It

2 Would be REAL cool to hear the Primo Grande version of SFM....for some odd reason,that doesnt appear on too many boots...

3. If you want to consider as one them piece, the IBC sessions NEED..nay...DEMAND official release...as important as Elvis' first sessions at Sun: The Beginning of a Revolution,so to speak..for a band that had just picked up its bass player and drummer within the last three months, they are DAMN hot....[Also shows who the REAL pros in the band are at the time: Bill and Charlie are ALREADY locked in tighter than a bunch of nuns at a convent!]

4. Plus all of the unreleased Chess tracks too: Down in the Bottom, Stewed and Keefed,etc, etc...Those tracks importance can't be understated either, as its one of the LAST times that it would be just the six of them alone in a studio..after this, its Guest Keyboard Player of the Season Time: Jack Nitzsche, Nicky H, etc...

[Edited by Stonesprofessor]
[Edited by Stonesprofessor]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST