ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick and Keith are RICH Brits Return to archive
03-02-03 06:38 AM
Honky Tonk Man The Rich Report 2003 was published in a Daily Mail Supplement today. It gives you the top 300 richest Brits.

Mick is at number 161 and is worth �200 million. He has gone up four places and is worth �10 million more than last year. He earned �20 million last year.

Keith is at number 201 and is worth �160 million. He may not be as wealthy as Mick, but he has climbed up the rich ladder by 31 places. Last year he was worth �135 million. It is beleived that his career earnings total �130 million but some of this will have been taken in taxes, but as Richards has said: "A lot of our asture moves have been basically keeping up with tax laws" Apparently the money people have underestimated his wealth relative to Mick Jaggers. Turns out they have just found out that he co wrote some of those songs!

Alex

03-02-03 07:25 AM
gypsymofo60 Hahahaha!........Who was it posed the question?.........Would you let your daughter go with a Rolling Stone? 2003, who'd kick their Daughter's arse for turning one down???????????????????????.......Hey Alex! Liverpool 2 v ManURE 1 after extra time.....Owen makes amends ..............You'll Never Walk Alone.
03-02-03 08:29 AM
Honky Tonk Man FUCK!!!

I didn't check the score because i wanted to watch the highlights not knowing what the score was!

You have ruined my Sunday Afternoon! Bet BillyBoy is happy!

Im seeing the new JackAss movie tonight though. Should cheer me up a bit!

Alexander
03-02-03 08:45 AM
Mother baby That would seem to suggest they're not "touring for the money".(well, maybe). The accruing compound interest on that is a small fortune in itself.
[Edited by Mother baby]
03-02-03 07:28 PM
Scot Rocks 2 - 0 to Liverpool today, a great result, I like Liverpool as my team down south but they are gonna get thumped by Celtic in 10 days as we march on to the UEFA cup final!!!

HAIL HAIL!!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

Mark
03-02-03 11:59 PM
gypsymofo60 Hey! I wasn't far off with my prediction, 2-0 Liverpool, Owen did make amends. Gerrard's goal was a cracker, jumped outta my seat. Scott Rocks Celtic are gonners.
03-03-03 06:27 AM
Zeeta Yeah but at least you guys are not Leeds Utd fans! It's bad shit! We playing Man Utd Wed. And gonna get WHOOOOOOOOPED! I just know it, good on Liverpool I prefer them to Man Utd our rivals (fuckin' everyones rivals)! Celtic - my preference over Rangers anyway! Isn't the Scottish premiership a bit of a piss take though unless you are a Rangers or Celtic fan?! They are 20 points in front of 3rd place Hearts I do believe!
Anyhow I can't talk as we may be going down anyway!
HA!
PS Ridsdale out!
03-03-03 07:54 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Yeah but at least you guys are not Leeds Utd fans! It's bad shit! We playing Man Utd Wed. And gonna get WHOOOOOOOOPED! I just know it, good on Liverpool I prefer them to Man Utd our rivals (fuckin' everyones rivals)! Celtic - my preference over Rangers anyway! Isn't the Scottish premiership a bit of a piss take though unless you are a Rangers or Celtic fan?! They are 20 points in front of 3rd place Hearts I do believe!
Anyhow I can't talk as we may be going down anyway!
HA!
PS Ridsdale out!

Hey Zeeta! where ya from? You sound almost Australian.
03-03-03 08:07 AM
Zeeta Yo MOFO!
I'm from Leeds / Liverpool UK Baby!
Originally from Leeds but now residing in "Beatlemaniaville" Liverpool! I'm getting sick of seeing the Magical Mystery tour bus around! LOL!
Where you from brother?
03-03-03 08:17 AM
F505 too bad Ajax didn't beat Arsenal. Remember Ajax won the Champions Leaque (1995) in the same week the Stones played Paradiso!!!!!
03-03-03 08:28 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Yo MOFO!
I'm from Leeds / Liverpool UK Baby!
Originally from Leeds but now residing in "Beatlemaniaville" Liverpool! I'm getting sick of seeing the Magical Mystery tour bus around! LOL!
Where you from brother?

LOL!!!!I'm from Clapham, in London man! Came to OZ at 4, went back to LOndon at 7....grew up around Sutton, eventually came back to OZ in my teens. I'm always back an' forward. Ilove The 'Pool, the team and the city.
03-03-03 08:30 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
F505 wrote:
too bad Ajax didn't beat Arsenal. Remember Ajax won the Champions Leaque (1995) in the same week the Stones played Paradiso!!!!!

505, always been a big Ajax fan since the days of Cruyff, Neeskens, Haan & Rep etc...great team, (club), I mean!
03-03-03 09:09 AM
F505 yes gypsymofo60 these were the days. I remember I was a kid in the early seventies. I liked the golden Ajax team because Cruijff and co had long hair just like the Stones. But apart from that it was joy to watch them play.
When I attended the Paradiso show in '95 I was double lucky because Ajax won the CL and I witnessed one of the best concerts ever!!!
[Edited by F505]
03-03-03 11:15 AM
jb It appears as though their net worth has decreased.of. I recall in 99 that Mick was said to be worth 300 million plus and Keith around 250 million. Regrettably, like all of us, their respective portfolios have taken a huge hit.
03-03-03 11:32 AM
telecaster Pounds versus dollars JB, exchange rate.

The article was quoted in pounds.
03-03-03 11:34 AM
jb Thank you Telecaster....

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST