ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nice band...........shame about the crowd!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive
03-02-03 06:03 AM
gypsymofo60 Nuthinkkkkkkk more ta say really, what a shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-02-03 06:08 AM
fmk438j Woman beside me at the bstage said she was there first and would I please try and stop moving in front of her. I said ok, look here's the spot where you were and can be now, just push right in, but she "didn't want to push". I told her it was a rock show.

03-02-03 06:29 AM
gypsymofo60 I've never been more angry about a crowd in my entire life....A bunch of,(excuse my language)..boring cunts! I hope when they all got home the baby sitter had raped the cat,,,MEOWWWWWWWWWWWW.
03-02-03 06:33 AM
fmk438j Yeah, It's downright embarrassing. Especially when you see Mick working his arse off right at a group of people in the front and he gets barely a nod and wink back. It must be so hard to continue to perform with enthusiasm to a group like that but to his huge credit he does, god bless the bloke.

His voice was playing up did you notice? I think this is the reason for the funny HTW chorus. How-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wnky instead of Hooonnnnggggggggky.
03-02-03 06:43 AM
gypsymofo60 Yeah! I think you are right coz I said to the missus, Are the mics fading or what? and she said no! It's Jagger.
03-02-03 06:45 AM
gypsymofo60 We walked all the way back to the hospital, miles, following other Stoners, everybodies like Midnight Rambler man!!!!!!!! Jagger's just got energy to burn....I whispered AMEN!
03-02-03 06:48 AM
fmk438j When he said "Are you feelin good?" his voice 'slipped'. Then he walked back to charlie and off mic was yelling to try and clear or fix his voice and then had a big smile with charles. I didn't notice it before hand but after that point he was trying to cut corners and not stretch his voice where possible. Just gives me all the more respect that he was still able to pull off what he did despite the problems.
03-02-03 06:56 AM
Monkey Woman Thank you fmk and gypsymofo, it's great to have the take of Aussie fans on that show! Weird about the crowed? Is it always the same at rock shows?
03-02-03 06:56 AM
gypsymofo60 Exactly! when I got home I picked up The Oxford Dictionary...Looked up the word PROFESSIONAL; sub heading read, see Micheal Philip Jagger.
03-02-03 06:57 AM
gypsymofo60 Sorry ! that's SIR Micheal.
03-02-03 11:27 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Thank God for the Dutch crowd
03-02-03 03:35 PM
Stray Cat The reason There is no reaction in the front rows is because the real fans can't afford to sit there!!!
03-02-03 03:38 PM
Moonisup hahahahahahahahahah that's true

both the "cats" are right!!
03-02-03 03:44 PM
Stray Cat Sorry. I didn't finish.......I still can't believe I'm going to have to sit at a stones gig ( in London ). Why not reward fans who get there early and wait in line . Anyone remember Wembley 99 when they did this ? ( with the golden circle ) Maybe there's not enough MONEY in it ???? They can earn as much money as they like as far as I'm concerned, but it seem's to be at the expense of the ordinary fan.
03-02-03 03:49 PM
Stray Cat By the way Moonisup. The best audience I ever encountered where the Dutch ( The Hauge 5/09/98 )
03-02-03 03:50 PM
Moonisup yeah that rainy thing haha

well that seated in Europe is FUCKING RUBBISH! WHY WHY WHY??

we can rock, it's a bloody shame
03-02-03 04:06 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Stray Cat wrote:
By the way Moonisup. The best audience I ever encountered where the Dutch ( The Hauge 5/09/98 )

The Dutch sure do rock!! The Hague was one of the best shows I ever attended!
03-02-03 05:20 PM
Stray Cat Also the WETTEST EVER!!!!!
03-02-03 05:25 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Stray Cat wrote:
Also the WETTEST EVER!!!!!

LOL, I never ever have been that wet!
03-02-03 07:19 PM
Scot Rocks I concur, with my dutch friends why all seating!!!!!!!!!!! We wanna rock, not sit and clap hands, the most dedicted fans should be at the front first come, first served.

I'll be standing whatever

Cheers

Mark
03-02-03 11:06 PM
Fiji Joe All the more reason the Stones should play a private gig for the members of Rocks Off...ya hear me Mick...I can personally guarantee you a brazier
03-03-03 01:42 AM
gypsy Do you mean a brassiere? Cuz I'll do you one better, and guarantee a pair of panties.
03-03-03 02:18 PM
Fiji Joe Actually, I meant a manzier
03-03-03 04:41 PM
L&A
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
I've never been more angry about a crowd in my entire life....A bunch of,(excuse my language)..boring cunts! I hope when they all got home the baby sitter had raped the cat,,,MEOWWWWWWWWWWWW.

The most boring crowd I've ever seen is the one from Eric Clapton's concert on DVD (Live on Tour 2001), it's really unbelievable !

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST