ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "KEYS TO THE HIGHWAY" and "32-20 BLUES"...what year?? Return to archive
03-01-03 07:07 PM
MrGlimmerTwin Excuse my ignorance,but when were these two great tracks recorded?? Also,if you've any idea ,thought most likely in the '80's,what album sessions spawned "crushed pearl" and the quite groove-tastic "treat me like a fool"??
03-01-03 08:59 PM
Gazza 1) if you mean the jam versions....theres some doubt about those. Theyve been attributed to "Exile" sessions from Villefranche summer 1971. personally Ive always maintained theyre from the mid-tour rehearsals in Dallas on 23rd June '72. I had the tape of that session about 2 years before itw as bootlegged and it was sent to me as a "1972 tour rehearsal". Greenfield mentions a chaotic rehearsal in his "STP" book where they farted around for a day or so (they were shooting "ladies and gentlemen" on the 24th and 25th so needed a bit of work done..) and barely managed to get anything worthwhile on tape. listening to that session,it fits the bill.

2) both are from "Dirty work" sessions 1985
03-01-03 11:46 PM
MarthaMyDear Gary, you scare me... lol.............................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
03-02-03 04:17 AM
beer I think there is a version of Key to the Highway from '68 at Redlands. But my memory could be wrong, as Guiness has been my co pilot for this evening,
03-02-03 07:21 PM
Gazza dont see it listed - maybe its "Highway child" youre thinking of?

keith of course did cut "key to the highway" solo in Toronto in 1977

32-30 and key to the highway are both on the session/CD in the original query,so Im presuming thats the version MrGlimmerTwin is referring to!
03-02-03 10:53 PM
JaggaRichards What about the version of Key To the Highway Keith did with Johnny Johnson?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST