ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Brian Jones!! Return to archive
02-28-03 12:14 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 61 years old today!!!

02-28-03 12:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/brian.htm
02-28-03 01:38 AM
Yyteri Beach Happy birthday Brian!

He's the real "First Stone". Sadly he nowadays plays gigs in Heaven. He could've made lots of great post-Stones music after Mick and Keith gave him Spanish Archer (= El Bow)

I never compare Brian, Mick T and Ronnie because they all are so different musicians:

Brian was a genius who could play any instrument he wanted.
Mick T's solos are just awsome (just listen Sway and you're in nirvana).
Ronnie's rough playing is marvelous.
02-28-03 05:56 AM
magicwoman congratulations Brian!
02-28-03 07:29 AM
sirfito Happy Birthday, Brian.
Fito
02-28-03 08:30 AM
J.J.Flash Happy birthday dear Brian. I hope you're in heaven, because you spent your time in hell here on earth. God keeps you in a safe and a beatiful place.
Guys, any of you could imagine what a JAM SESSION they have there on Heaven? I'll tell the one possible "best of" LINE-UP: Brian Jones (guitar), Jimi Hendrix (guitar), John Entwhistle (bass), Keith Moon (drums) and Bon Scott on vocals. Damn, the HEAVEN!
Take care guys! Keep Rockin'!
02-28-03 11:51 AM
Boomhauer Happy Birfday, Brian
02-28-03 11:56 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Happy birthday Brian; wish you were here...
02-28-03 02:46 PM
Miss U. Thx Voodoo.
On this day it all started...
It feels good to know Brian is happy at last, and among those who love him...
[Edited by Miss U.]
02-28-03 03:25 PM
Funky Punk Woman Happy Birthday to THE MAN!

No Brian header today Voo?
02-28-03 04:44 PM
stewed & Keefed Happy birthday Brian.
The first Rolling Stone.
02-28-03 05:10 PM
LadyJane A great day in Stones history. The birthday of the late, great Brian. Gone but never to be forgotten!! Hope you have found the peace that seemed to elude you for so long! RIP, my Brother!

LadyJ.
02-28-03 05:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, this is the first time I don't post a Brian header on time on his birthday and it was because I already had posted today's header and thought it would be uncool from me to change it but tomorrow I will post some really cool

Last year I posted take one of "My Little One" now here's take 2

http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/mylittleone-jimiandbrian-jan68-take2.wma

Take one still available at

http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/mylittleone-jimiandbrian-jan68-take1.wma

Early October 1968 Jimi and Brian compose and record together at Olympic Sound Studios in London two takes of "My Little One" with Chas Chandler producing and Eddie Kramer engineering and the following line-up:

Brian Jones - Sitar and percussions

Jimi Hendrix - Guitar

Dave Mason - Bass and sitar

Mitch Mitchell � Drums

Just imagine that supergroup as Brian new group after the Stones!
02-28-03 05:57 PM
Angiegirl Don't you ever think about what Brian would look like nowadays on his 61st birthday? Probably worse than Mick Taylor, but still...
Happy B-day fellow blondie!
02-28-03 06:00 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Don't you ever think about what Brian would look like nowadays on his 61st birthday

It wouldn't matter what he would like...it's what he would SOUND like.
02-28-03 06:08 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
It wouldn't matter what he would like...it's what he would SOUND like.

You're absolutely right of course. That would be the most important. But I am still curious what he would look like

[Edited by Angiegirl]
02-28-03 06:31 PM
Miss U. I also wonder, Angie...but MotherBaby is right on that.

To answer your question, MotherBaby, as I posted Sept.21st in the archives of my Brian Jones board:

http://pub14.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=1169622008&cpv=1

Great article in the latest issue of "The Spirit" magazine from the Brian Jones Fan Club by John M & John K. It's an interview with Dave Thomson, close friend of Brian.

Here's an except I thought would be of interest here:

"You may think this makes me sound crazy, but I have always had a certain proven psychic ability. One night a few years ago I was in an extremely worried and agitated state of mind and was trying to get off to sleep, when I heard a voice. It was a friend of mine who hadn't long died. He told me not to worry so much and told me he was with someone who had a message for me. Then Brian spoke to me. At first I wouldn't believe it, but then he said, "Remember Jim?".......He told me he was happy where he was and he was doing good for people in distress. That did me good and my spirits were lifted and I've felt stronger ever since. I think Marianne Faithful had a similar experience."

And at the end of the article he said this:

"And finally I'd just like to say although Brian certainly was no saint he was a very warm, kind and genuine human being who has left some wonderful music behind for us to enjoy, so dig him!! He loved life and you can hear that in the music.
02-28-03 07:26 PM
Miss U.
quote:
Mother baby wrote:

dam strait. Actually he was alway a boy. God bless him and Stu/ Bless the blues........

...And the Stones & the Master Musicians of Jajouka.
03-01-03 04:14 AM
souldoggie Happy Birthday Brian. Those whom the Gods love most...
03-01-03 11:12 AM
F505 Heeeeeeey Voodoo have you eaten my cake??? How did Keith taste?
03-01-03 12:17 PM
throbby Photo by Art Kane

03-01-03 07:51 PM
Monkey Woman An interesting tribute to Brian Jones: http://www.beatzenith.com/the_rolling_stones/bjones.htm

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST