ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen's hairpiece Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-24-03 10:31 AM
jb I have always liked Springsteen(sans the 9/11 album theme). However, to see the boss in a hairpiece last night was truly embarrassing.
02-24-03 10:38 AM
F505 Not sure...it makes him 10 years younger. Look at Bill he is 65 but withouth hearpiece he would look 78!
02-24-03 10:40 AM
Joey Isn't he half Italian ????????? Don't Italians usually have a strong head of hair ???????? What gives ????????

And why was the temp below Zero this morning ???

Jacky !
02-24-03 10:45 AM
jb It was way too straight...he had very curly hair and last night it was too straight and stiff...He was playing and singing very hard and the hair did not even move.
02-24-03 10:45 AM
F505 Springsteen sound jewish and we all know that Moshje Dayan was bold
02-24-03 10:47 AM
jb He is 1/2 jewish...like Howard Stearn.
[Edited by jb]
02-24-03 10:50 AM
Maxlugar I think he should just wear a Yarmulke (sp?) and call it a day.

He is nothing without his Jew-Fro.

Signed,

MAX-LU-GAH! How come you taste so good!
[Edited by Maxlugar]
02-24-03 10:53 AM
GimmeExile As Bono said, Bruce is an "Irish-Italian with a Jewish-sounding name." He's a Catholic.

And no, it wasn't a hairpiece! But there is a reason why Steven Van Zandt hasn't been seen without a bandana since the early 1980s.

02-24-03 10:54 AM
throbby Actually Max you were a "young boy" when Mick penned that tune.
02-24-03 10:54 AM
steel driving hammer Springsteen's hairpiece...

That alone is funny.
02-24-03 10:56 AM
jb I am almost positive it was a piece..he had virtually no coverage on his frontal hairline last tour and a little bald spot on back...he no longer has bald spot and has a long schlock of hair in front now..Keith is worse off..he really needs serious micro-grafs to cover the widending spot on his crown area ...
02-24-03 11:01 AM
GimmeExile On the Ghost of Tom Joad tour in 1995, Springsteen's hairline had shown signs of recession, but that was simply due to him pulling it back tight in a ponytail. On the Reunion and Rising tours in 1999 and 2002 he lets it hang on the top, which hides the receding hairline. I've never seen a bald spot on the back of his head.

If you look at Bruce's father, who wasn't bald, you'll have an idea on what the future of Bruce's head will look like.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
02-24-03 11:03 AM
Joey " Keith is worse off..he really needs serious micro-grafs to .................."

Micro Grafs ????

MICRO GRAFS ????

Why not take Vitamin B instead ?????

Josh , is Bruce really 1/2 Jewish ????? If so , I might have to see him in concert someday !

Also , did I tell you that Jimmy Caan is 1/2 Jewish ?

Word to your Mother ?????

Arch Your Head Back Joey !
02-24-03 11:06 AM
jb If I am wrong, I apologize to the Boss....and no Joey, Bruce has never been even 1/8 jewish...sorry my Chasidic friend.
02-24-03 11:10 AM
Joey " and no Joey, Bruce has never been even 1/8 jewish...sorry my Chasidic friend. "

Understood my Jewish Brother !!!!

Joe Si !
02-24-03 11:11 AM
Maxlugar Joey I noticed a little thinning on top whilst we were in CLEVELAND.

Do you mean to say Vitamin B is working?

Developing folicles.........

02-24-03 11:12 AM
Joey " Joey I noticed a little thinning on top whilst we were in CLEVELAND.

Do you mean to say Vitamin B is working? "

Nah , bad hair day !!!!!!

{{{{ CA - RACK }}}}}}}}}}}}

The Joe Sea Scroll !

02-24-03 11:14 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Joey I noticed a little thinning on top whilst we were in CLEVELAND.

Do you mean to say Vitamin B is working?

Developing folicles.........

LOL, I noticed it too! LOL.
02-24-03 11:35 AM
padre Now, this is funny! Any photos available on Boss' piece?
02-24-03 11:42 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
...But there is a reason why Steven Van Zandt hasn't been seen without a bandana since the early 1980s.

I read (in Rolling Stone mag., I think) that long ago Little Stevie was involved in a car or motorcycle accident. He got cut up pretty bad on the top of his head, causing him more than the usual receding hairline. Hence, he wears the Sopranos wig (pretty cool, actually) and the rock concert bandanna (even cooler).
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
02-24-03 11:48 AM
luxury1 Oh please, car accident, shmar accident. Steve is bald ala Bozo, and has been wearing those scarves since his 20's.
02-24-03 11:56 AM
Highwire Rob Well, Ms Luxury, what do you expect? You haven't offered him one of your fine sharp-dressing Fedoras. He plays an Italian mobster, after all! LOL

--Rob.
02-24-03 01:45 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat No no, you are all a bit confused!!
It was Bill Wyman who has a hairpiece!!

I know, cos Rik and I tried to tear it off!!!!
02-24-03 01:50 PM
luxury1 HW Rob--you have jarred my memory and Miami Steve used to wear the ole fedora--a pink one at times, to match the pink suit he was sporting. It was 1974/5--how the time flies.
02-24-03 03:03 PM
F505 I predict the Boss will be as bold as a billiard ball in about 6 years
02-24-03 03:09 PM
jb F505..look carefully at his hair and you make the decision....is it real, or memorex?
02-24-03 03:15 PM
F505 No you were right JB, a hairpiece indeed. Sad but true. It means they don't take you serious as a rock star anymore. See: Elton John, David Crosby, Pete Townshend, Paul Simon.....
02-24-03 03:39 PM
jb Pete wears a piece?
02-24-03 03:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
Josh , is Bruce really 1/2 Jewish ????? If so , I might have to see him in concert someday !

That remninds me of a Groucho Marx quote. His daughter was denied membership in a country club because of her lineage, and Groucho supposedly said, "She's only HALF Jewish...how about if she only goes in up to her waist?"

Bruce isn't half-Jewish, but he IS half-circumcized.

OUCH!!!!
02-24-03 03:50 PM
Factory Girl Does Bono wears a hairpiece? Sure looks like it to me.

Different topic-I just read an Interview with Ron Jeremy. It was amusing. He is C10 material...lol
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST