ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Our Sydney tickets taken away Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd March 2006 02:21 AM
RSRTG If the stress I've been through over the past couple of days in purchasing tickets and getting codes etc was'nt enuf, etix has emailed my cousin telling him his RS.COM fan club membership is invalid and that they want to cancel our order.
My cousin joined RS.COM back in July 2005 for the sole purpose of purchasing tickets....like most of us did so I cant see why this is happening.
He had no trouble purchasing them at the the time and unlike myself who is pre may 05 ( I BOOKED FOR THE MELB SHOW), he was'nt asked for a passcode as we understood his user name and pass code from RS.COM would be sufficient and lets face it, at the time it was and no passcode at anytime was given to him.
He logged in around 11am melb/sydney time and zero problems purchasing our 2 tickets.
I'm devastated, we have great seats and now etix are demanding all sorts of info out of him to prove his membership is current otherwise they will 1. cancel our order or 2. make him pay another farking $100 US to re join the fan club and keep the tickets.
Has anyone else had this problem?
It shouldnt be this hard to purchase tickets for a fucken rock concert, we have done everything that has been asked of us and i dont understand it.
LOOK AT ME....I'M SHATTERED!
3rd March 2006 02:45 AM
StickyFishFingers I got the same email and am freaking out. I sent them the info they requested. am now waiting to hear back. they want the info by March 5, so i figure they are working this weekend and we will find out more soon. I have airline flights booked and paid for - for me and my best mate, so much money could be going down the drain.

fingers crossed for everyone concerned
3rd March 2006 03:08 AM
Daethgod i have NOT recieved an email yet
i reckon i may be sweet
i bought tix legit, but was not asked for a code in my second batch (second batch was purchased under a new rs.com membership)

3rd March 2006 03:09 AM
Daethgod hang in there guys
im sure these etix clowns will sort it
hopefully they will just chase down the dudes who abused it and went nuts for tix
3rd March 2006 04:55 AM
RSRTG well i hope they do sort it out, the only thing i can think of is that we went into the presale too early...like about 2 minutes for us!
We.ve sent all our info and are waiting for a response.
Our airfares and accomodation are booked too.
The 'nice' people at etix have offered to give us our tickets if we take out another membership...gee thanks
Our tickets were purchased ligit too. I had no problems with my pre may 9 purchase but like i said, something has happened wiv my cousin's membership.....we will not give up, we will have our tickets. Let us know how ya go.
3rd March 2006 05:08 AM
Gazza almost speechless with disbelief at the incompetence of these morons

You seem to have done everything by the book, guys. Hopefully its just some temporary glitch and it'll be sorted out in the next day or two

Thing is, when daethgod had originally posted originally that nothing was coming up, I logged in to rs.com to check and got offered tickets without any problems - and wasnt asked for a code (of course, I didnt buy them..). It didnt seem to distinguish between whether I was going for an rs.com presale or the VISA presale.

[Edited by Gazza]
3rd March 2006 05:16 AM
exile I got an email.
I sent them the relevant details

Hope Im cool
3rd March 2006 05:31 AM
Jumping Jack Didn't they cancel all the old codes long ago and issued new event specific codes?
3rd March 2006 05:44 AM
Daethgod exile i reckon u will be cool
im praying for ya dude
3rd March 2006 06:39 AM
FotiniD Dear Lord, this sucks! Is it SO difficult to organize a ticket sale?! Tickets have been going on sale for rocks gigs for almost half a century effortlessly, and they manage to make a huge mess out of it. Stupid system of fan clubs and presales and all that!

I hope you guys get the tickets very soon and the whole thing is sorted out nicely.

We should have boycotted the fan club
3rd March 2006 06:46 AM
RSRTG Yeah, they cancelled all the codes, we know that. The thing is we were never asked for a code with my cousin Gumboot's Platinum membership when we purchased for Sydney.
We were on the understanding the RS.COM username and passcode were sufficient and we certainly didnt have any problems at the time.
Hey Daethgod, pray for me and my cuz too hey? We need some divine intervention here....I'm a ligit stones freak like all of u cats. I really appreciate posts from people such as urself, corgi,exile and SIA.
I'll be there in Sydney no matter wot and of course I'll be there in Melbourne. We hope to catch up with all of u guys for pre-concert drinks etc.
When we get this fiasco with the tickets sorted, I'll send u guys my mobile no and a few personal details hey, so if you choose, we can meet up and have our very own summit, in Sydney and Melbourne.
3rd March 2006 07:19 AM
Daethgod i reckon u guys will be cool
let teh etix dudes know what happened
just make sure they know u had a legit membership and they will sort it
i guess worst case scenario is take out another rs.com membership.... but sheesh $100 for membership, plus $47.70 PER Ticket Con Fee.. fraeking adds up
my $395 tix X 4 costs me $100 rs.com and $47.70 per ticket

jesus i must love this band

man we are thinking of ya hear, but i got a feeling this will be sorted.. its The Stones !!!!!!

3rd March 2006 07:23 AM
RSRTG onya daeth......u give me confidence.......this never happened with Licks in 03.....we should be given VIP access to have drinks with mick,keef, ronnie and charlie for this. And a signed poster or something but now I know I'm waaaaaay outta line.
3rd March 2006 07:25 AM
Daethgod yer with my nearly $200 Con. Fee for my 4 Diamond tix I expect Mick to hand deliver them to me at home
3rd March 2006 07:27 AM
Daethgod dont forget this clause dude
(its a ripoff- but use it as last call)

If you are not an active member of the club and
wish to keep the tickets you have purchased you
may become a member of the Fan Club by clicking
(or copy\paste) this link and filling out the
required information. The cost of membership is
$100.00 US.

but dude, u are an active member, u will be cool - might be a few geezers on ebay flogging tix who might be caught out

3rd March 2006 07:29 AM
RSRTG Well I'm handing out my personal invite to them now for drinks and chicks in me and Gumboot's delux room at the Crown.....fark, we even got a telly in the bathroom!
3rd March 2006 07:37 AM
RSRTG We've been hangin on the edge like everyone else for months for the announcment of the Oz tour.....there's no way I'd be buying tickets to flog em off on ebay.....it's been bad enuf to secure them for ourselves.
I still smell a rat with all this, we've been subject to unwarranted anxiety and it aint too cool.
I dont want to sound ungrateful either, but we shouldve been offered better tickets than wot was offered in the first presale.
3rd March 2006 10:20 AM
glencar Good lucks guys! It sounds like someone Down Under screwed up!
3rd March 2006 10:47 AM
voodoopug keep the faith guys! ALso keep in mind, these shows will be like all the others, if you dont get tickets this way, you will still be able to use your flights/hotels as tickets were available at every show at some point up to showtime, I have yet to hear about someone willing to pay face value who was locked out of a show. (some call it "wide open")

Good luck!
3rd March 2006 11:09 AM
jb exactly, every show, even MSG, had tickets at some point after public sale..........most were readily available.
[Edited by jb]
3rd March 2006 11:29 AM
nanatod I guess now's the time to post the following anecdote.

When the Stones played Chicago's Aragon, a couple of years ago, they had set up some sort of headquarters at the Ritz. Two brothers, who I have know since I was five, happened to be relaxing at a park across the street from the hotel. A guy approached them and asked them if they liked the Stones. He told them to go to a certain floor of the hotel, and there they met Shelley Lazar, who was working for the Stones on that tour, and she handed them comp tix to the Aragon. My friends saw a great Stones show.
When my friend told me this story, I told him that I recognized Ms. Lazar's name from one of rock critic Dave Marsh's books.

The moral of this story is, Aussie fans, don't fret. You never know where tickets can come from.
3rd March 2006 11:39 AM
glencar Still, it's always nicer to have tix in hand, mate!
3rd March 2006 04:29 PM
Daethgod yer and with only 2 shows in the entire country, its gonna be a hot one
3rd March 2006 04:33 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
If the stress I've been through over the past couple of days in purchasing tickets and getting codes etc was'nt enuf, etix has emailed my cousin telling him his RS.COM fan club membership is invalid and that they want to cancel our order.
My cousin joined RS.COM back in July 2005 for the sole purpose of purchasing tickets....like most of us did so I cant see why this is happening.
He had no trouble purchasing them at the the time and unlike myself who is pre may 05 ( I BOOKED FOR THE MELB SHOW), he was'nt asked for a passcode as we understood his user name and pass code from RS.COM would be sufficient and lets face it, at the time it was and no passcode at anytime was given to him.
He logged in around 11am melb/sydney time and zero problems purchasing our 2 tickets.
I'm devastated, we have great seats and now etix are demanding all sorts of info out of him to prove his membership is current otherwise they will 1. cancel our order or 2. make him pay another farking $100 US to re join the fan club and keep the tickets.
Has anyone else had this problem?
It shouldnt be this hard to purchase tickets for a fucken rock concert, we have done everything that has been asked of us and i dont understand it.
LOOK AT ME....I'M SHATTERED!

Fuck these bastards, they have no souls, may they burn in hell forever!
3rd March 2006 05:31 PM
Mottrush I got the same fucking Email. I'm really pissed off. I can't believe the incompetance!!

First they make it bloody near impossible to get tickets and when you do tickets they are shit. Now they have the cheek to say I'm not a member when I've joined 3 fucking times.

I'm nearly at the stage where they can cancel my fucking tickets!!

Pissed off,

Mottrush
3rd March 2006 07:14 PM
RSRTG Yeah, we stayed up to all hours emailing these bunch of freaks and still we have no answer.
I decided to get on the bourbon cos I was starting to get a bit too pissed off.
I then chucked on Beggars Banquet followed by Let It Bleed followed by Exile on Main Street followed by Goats Head soup followed by Black and Blue......and I cranked it loud for all to hear. Yes, it made me feel better but now I'm sober again I'm getting pissed off again so I might have to jump back on the bourbons again.....gotta love the jimmy!
Cmon ETIX.....GET IT HAPPENING!
4th March 2006 01:30 AM
corgi37 What a fly in the ointment this is. Christ, i hope our tix for Sydney are safe. I will fucking tear every thing apart otherwise. And to think, i upgraded my hotel room to the Executive Suite!
4th March 2006 01:47 AM
Daethgod we should be sweet Corgi
i bought 2 sets of tix, both with legit rs.com memberships
but i wasnt asked for or given a code for Syd seats
i have a confirmation email from etix of both sets of tix and i didnt recieve the 'you are not a member bullsheet' email from etix.
but im My Tickets on rs.com i see nothing !

wish these tickets peeps would get their Act Together.

' we should try to get our shit together ..'

[Edited by Daethgod]
4th March 2006 04:00 AM
RSRTG STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER BACK FROM ETIX......
4th March 2006 05:56 AM
corgi37 I dont need these doubts.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)