ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith talks - his song "The Hurricane" on Rollingstones.com Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd March 2006 05:37 AM
Leonharder Nice Keith Song - very nice, very cool folk song.
Have not heard that new song before.
2nd March 2006 06:43 AM
Break The Spell I heard it the other day, good stuff there. His voice these days is good for that style.
2nd March 2006 07:23 AM
Nellcote Thanks for the heads up.
It's the simple things the
Stones have done over time
which have the largest impact.
2nd March 2006 11:58 AM
glencar Is the song an original?
2nd March 2006 12:11 PM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is the song an original?

Yes. From the 40 Licks sessions in 2002.
2nd March 2006 12:11 PM
glencar erikjjf always I MEAN ALWAYS has the answers!
2nd March 2006 12:12 PM
Saint Sway cant believe I still havent heard this tune
2nd March 2006 12:25 PM
glencar Well, I listened. Not a great song but slightly interesting to hear Keith so folky.
2nd March 2006 01:13 PM
Child of the Moon Personally? I think it's one of the most charming things they've recorded in years. It was, dare I say it, my favorite Stones song of the year in 2005.

"Do more songs like this one, Ronnie!"
2nd March 2006 01:28 PM
egon
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
cant believe I still havent heard this tune

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3SXKXG9N6O1BM3CENJYHGCFL2V
2nd March 2006 01:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Personally? I think it's one of the most charming things they've recorded in years. It was, dare I say it, my favorite Stones song of the year in 2005.

"Do more songs like this one, Ronnie!"

Just don't play it while operating mechanical equipment!
2nd March 2006 07:17 PM
gotdablouse huh, you learn something everyday I guess.
So where did that first appear and how do we know it's a 2002 song ?
2nd March 2006 08:09 PM
glencar It's on CD's that they give out at shows in return for aKatrina Red Cross contributions. Click on the link in the first post.
2nd March 2006 08:30 PM
Soldatti They didn't sell it on the shows of last week here, I wanted to buy a copy.
2nd March 2006 08:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
huh, you learn something everyday I guess.
So where did that first appear and how do we know it's a 2002 song ?

it says so on the reverse sleeve

Published 2002, Copyrighted 2005.
2nd March 2006 08:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
They didn't sell it on the shows of last week here, I wanted to buy a copy.

I think it was exclusive to the US shows
3rd March 2006 01:09 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It's the simple things the
Stones have done over time
which have the largest impact.

right on, nellie

short but sweet, one of the most refreshing things out of the Stones camp I've heard in a long-assed time

all Keef needs is his acoustic, and a dime sack full of old country and blues tunes to nail this upcoming rumored solo project shut

call me crazy but hey it worked wonders for Cash

3rd March 2006 01:41 AM
glencar It will be sold at some of the upcoming shows. I shall endeavor to purchase a copy at RCMH if it's sold there.
3rd March 2006 08:31 AM
mac_daddy
you are not buying a copy... you receive one as a gift for your donation to the red cross katrina relief fund...

i am glad they put it up on their site so all can hear it...

is it really necessary to have a yousendit link? i am not sure how kosher that is. how's about a link to rs.com instead..?
3rd March 2006 02:34 PM
mmdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

right on, nellie

short but sweet, one of the most refreshing things out of the Stones camp I've heard in a long-assed time

all Keef needs is his acoustic, and a dime sack full of old country and blues tunes to nail this upcoming rumored solo project shut

call me crazy but hey it worked wonders for Cash

There have been rumors about a Richards' solo album?
3rd March 2006 02:44 PM
gotdablouse A nice reflective Jagger/Richards "American Recordings" type of album would certainly be welcome at some point, rather sooner than later, hopefully Mick is going to act his age one of these days (no more songs about your Dick Mick!)...well er, maybe at least 40, just hope he doesn't lose all his energy when that happens !
3rd March 2006 04:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
mmdog wrote:

There have been rumors about a Richards' solo album?

First I've heard of it. He must be saving his songs for it as he's hardly written any Stones songs in a decade

At the current rate of productivity, those rumours should be bearing fruit around late 2016.
3rd March 2006 04:40 PM
Bloozehound Ha!

I remember reading about it here a few weeks back, maybe it was just speculation, I dunno, but this point it sounds like a pretty damn good idea
3rd March 2006 08:51 PM
Soldatti Keith recorded stuff on his basement on 2001, from Nico's site:

March - May: KEITH RICHARDS. New Jersey and/or New York and/or Connecticut, KR's basement studio. Recording of solo tracks.
Additional musicians: Blondie Chaplin (gtr or keyb), Bobby Keys (sax), George Recile (dr)
3rd March 2006 09:03 PM
Gazza yeah - and I know someone who heard it first hand - and was impressed.

But I dont think its anything 'finished' or something that could be tidied up and released.

..and if it was anything of note, youd have thought it would have been cut properly when the Stones recorded in 2002 and 2004..
3rd March 2006 09:55 PM
oldkr i sing with jeff sarli who played bass on B2B he keith hubert sumlin blondie and EC jammed a whole bunch of stuff left off about them shoes, keith has multiple albums worth but its unlikely we'll see it , he isn't going to 'admit failure' again!

as for whether hurricane is original- its an original song , but its NOT that original-- it has touches of a lot of his favorite songs, but then again so do all of keiths great works

OLDKR
3rd March 2006 10:24 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
oldkr wrote:
but its unlikely we'll see it , he isn't going to 'admit failure' again!

so why did he put his name on ABB then...
4th March 2006 09:51 PM
gotdablouse "failure" compared to what, his first two solo albums ? They got some good reviews, not sure about sales, but does Keith care ?

Gazza - thanks for sharing that info, but isn't there some contradiction with that person being "impressed" and then not thinking it could be tidied up for release?
5th March 2006 09:12 AM
oldkr keith put out his solo albums only after he admitted to himself that he had failed to keep the stones together as a viable act , thats where that reference comes from
5th March 2006 11:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Gazza - thanks for sharing that info, but isn't there some contradiction with that person being "impressed" and then not thinking it could be tidied up for release?

as oldkr suggests above, a lot of it is 'impressive' in a 'jammming' sense, but maybe it would take a lot more work to actually make a record out of it

..and anyway, lets face it, if any of us were privileged enough to see Keith work in a studio at close quarters (and occasionally with Clapton in the same room), it would be pretty understandable to be blown away regardless of WHAT they did!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)