ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Im in for Melb !!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
1st March 2006 09:24 PM
corgi37 Exile, mate, you got brilliant seats. We probably wont be able to see Charlie! I cant hide the fact i am so bloody stoked, but you should be rapt in your seats. You are gonna get the full blast of the show just as much as we are.

Just not the stiff necks! I'm excited! My blood is on fire.
1st March 2006 09:24 PM
Daethgod i blew $1800 on 4 seats at melb
no seat chart
im in FloorC

and looking at seat chart of Licks im back near B stage

1st March 2006 09:33 PM
corgi37 Those tix will be worth their weight in cocaine in 3 weeks!Looking at the at the Monterray set up pixs, the stadium stage doesnt seem to high off the ground. Maybe 7-10 feet. I just know Keef is gonna wink at me and toss me a pick. I'll get the wife to flash her tits, just to make sure.

But boy, that sucka is so high! I'm gonna dig up Big Kev, cause "I'm excited!"

Next thing guys - where to drink???
1st March 2006 09:42 PM
Daethgod hey corgi .. check this :

http://www.krock.com.au/stonesstage.jpg

1st March 2006 10:00 PM
Daethgod A3 seats avail for Sydney RIGHT NOW

1st March 2006 10:28 PM
exile now???????????????

How which ones I apply?
1st March 2006 10:33 PM
Daethgod i just went into rs.com tickets and had a sniff
1st March 2006 10:35 PM
exile the 94.00 ones????

Im checking now but no A's
1st March 2006 10:40 PM
Daethgod nah they were 399
1st March 2006 10:41 PM
exile
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Exile, mate, you got brilliant seats. We probably wont be able to see Charlie! I cant hide the fact i am so bloody stoked, but you should be rapt in your seats. You are gonna get the full blast of the show just as much as we are.

Just not the stiff necks! I'm excited! My blood is on fire.

Yeah I know I shouldnt be compaining. I was just in too much of a rush. yknow. too scared to miss out.

just wish I knew the cheaper option in the front rows
1st March 2006 10:46 PM
corgi37 That photo is so overwhelming! I'm gonna cry. I cant believe it. Exile's seats look magic to me.
1st March 2006 11:47 PM
RSRTG I'm like u Exile, I'm a bit annoyed I rushed as I wouldve got better seats, espesh annoyed that I'm in Block D at Rod Laver considering with Licks I was in B section 8 rows from the front.
I am happy to be going to both gigs tho and wont complain as just a few short days ago, it looked like we wouldnt see them at all.
I am really hoping to meet up with some of you cats, in both cities to get on the booze at get ourselves all worked up for what will be a memorable few days.
BOO TO THE TICKETING DUDES FOR NOT GIVING US FLOOR PLANS!
1st March 2006 11:57 PM
Daethgod im hearing ya man
Licks i was Section B Row G

now it looks like Im up near B stage
im gonna try for better seats with visa tomorrow and put my FloorC seats on ebay
2nd March 2006 12:02 AM
RSRTG wot time is the visa sale tomorrow?
2nd March 2006 12:06 AM
Daethgod 9am dude
but i reckon every peckerhead in town will be trying
geez if fans cant access Sec A or B on the floor, who the fark can ?
2nd March 2006 12:11 AM
RSRTG I wanna see a floor plan b4 I part with anymore of my bank's money.
2nd March 2006 12:12 AM
Daethgod seating plan is up !!!
Section C looks ok !!!
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/VenueDetails.aspx?v=RLA&s=8360

2nd March 2006 12:30 AM
RSRTG WOW, I'M STOKED WITH SECTION D......STUFF THE VISA SALE, I'M HAPPY WITH THIS SELECTION!!!!!and I'm on ronnie's side again!
2nd March 2006 12:35 AM
Daethgod what seat u got
Im Sec C Row k 15

how far back does row go dya reckon ?
guess we are in a great spot, good for Bstage action

still might have a crack at Sec A and B tomorrow

2nd March 2006 12:41 AM
RSRTG row J seats 34 and 35
2nd March 2006 01:00 AM
Daethgod dude u should be near the catwalk !
great seats

2nd March 2006 01:26 AM
exile Yeah Im looking forward to meeting you guys on the tour for (MANY) beers.

dont get me wrong Im stoked! But would have loved to be closer for less money.

fuck it its the stones hey!!
2nd March 2006 01:28 AM
Daethgod dude your seats may be better
u are close enough to be in it, and back just enough to see it
we are that close that we may miss the spectacle a bit.
2nd March 2006 01:51 AM
exile fair enough mate Im just getting over it now....dont mean to be ungrateful for great tickets.

cant wait.
2nd March 2006 01:58 AM
Daethgod yer been a stressful day hey !
i still dunno about my Section C Melb seats yet

2nd March 2006 02:15 AM
RSRTG ok confirmation of my seats are -
sydney - section A6, ROW S seats 4 & 5
rod laver - Section D - row H seats 34 & 35

I'm over the moon, cant wait.
2nd March 2006 06:06 AM
corgi37 Watched the Fenway show again to scope things a bit. For Sydney, we are UNDER the lights!!! Of course actual configuration changes, but probably not a dramatic amount. The ramp on the sides goes around us! Daeth, those el-cheapo red coded "A" are right at the edge where the fireworks shoot out at the end. But, ahh, presuming there will be fireworks in the stadium. Might not allow it. Stage looked about 12 feet high. Real hard to tell. Again, could be different here. In 2003 in Melb, they had to shorten the screen and stage lights alot. Again going by Fenway, when Jagger is on the middle ramp his feet are exactly average head height. Of course, i am a short ass, but you know what i mean. Say, 6 foot or so. Then, there's about 1/2 a dozen steps back up to main stage. So rough guess, main stage is about 12 feet high. But, the stage dips back after the main flat section, and then Charlie is on a riser. So i am hoping i get to see his lovely head.

Next mission is to look for bars. Doesnt seem a hell of a lot out there. My motel has a 24 hour bar, but only from Wednesdays onwards. Closes at 12 on Tuesdays. But, it also has pokies, so that section might be open later. Hotel Ibis - $550 a night thank you very much, might have a (expensive) bar. My dad is in Sydney as of today, so i might see if he can get me some entertainment books, like they have up on the Gold Coast. If i get lucky with a ebay ticket, i might go to the Melbourne show too. We are so much more civilised down here. The Depot is perfect for pre and post show booze-a-thons.

ANd, they play Stones all night!

P.S. Daeth, managed to tune into the 1st half hour of your show today. I get 95.5 if i hold the radio up to the window, stand on one leg, and raise my left arm out at 70 degrees. Mate, how long did that fucking Greenday song go for? Contact me tomorrow re: Payment. I want you to have the money asap. Oh, and book ya bloody flight!
2nd March 2006 06:11 AM
corgi37 Here's the link for the 1st tickets on sale at ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4843122614&fromMakeTrack=true
2nd March 2006 06:12 AM
Daethgod flight is booked dude

i hit Sydley 4.30 on day of show
missus has booked us in some hotel near airport, fly out at 1pm day after show to hook up with old man who flies into Melb for Rod Laver show !

2nd March 2006 07:40 AM
exile Yeah there is fuck all bars out there, from a old sydneysider like myself. It used be big a big fucking swamp before the olympics so that might tell you that bars are not in high occurance out at homebush.

Its only a short train ride from central maybe 20 mins. so maybe best off finding a bar near central station. see what time trains go out to stadium.

heaps of great seedy bars near central station its truly the home of the sydney hobo. probably the best bet to get a skinful before, maybe someone else from sydney might have a better idea.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)