ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The next record Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
2nd March 2006 02:26 PM
jb HUMILIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd March 2006 02:31 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll ahve to ask him. He's a Parrothead so we don't talk too much...

That Parrothead shit is HUGE here in the Cincinnati area!! Every time he comes in the summer its the biggest deal, all the local news and media get into it big time.
2nd March 2006 03:17 PM
glencar Yeah I know. I hate that shit!
2nd March 2006 03:18 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have been advised to just let him be, he has enough detractors on this board, and there is no need for me to get involved at this juncture.

I think I will place him on ignore. I will also change the bathroom faucet. So many tedious duties...
2nd March 2006 03:20 PM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

That Parrothead shit is HUGE here in the Cincinnati area!! Every time he comes in the summer its the biggest deal, all the local news and media get into it big time.

It was absolutely unbearable in Chicago last summer when Buffet and the parrotheads took over Wrigley Field for 2 nights. There were still drunken parrotheads ten blocks away when I got back from downtown after the first show was over.

The only silver lining is that while the parrotheads were drinking margaritas and had paid mucho bucks for tickets, the Def Lep/Squier show on the lake front was 1/3 the price and was general admission so you could get up close.
[Edited by nanatod]
2nd March 2006 03:21 PM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:

It was absolutely unbearable in Chicago last summer when Buffet and the parrotheads took over Wrigley Field for 2 nights. There were still drunken parrotheads ten blocks away when I got back from downtown after the first show was over.

The only silver lining is that while the parrotheads were drinking margaritas and had paid mucho bucks for tickets, the Def Lep/Squier show on the lake frong was 1/3 the price and was general admission so you could get up close.

HUMILIATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd March 2006 03:24 PM
nanatod No jb, it was great. There are are very few bands that I haven't seen live, and Def Lep was one of them. They even did material from High and Dry at the show. Also, I think that the Def Lep show was part benefit for Hurricane Katerina victims.
2nd March 2006 03:25 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
No jb, it was great. There are are very few bands that I haven't seen live, and Def Lep was one of them. They even did material from High and Dry at the show. Also, I think that the Def Lep show was part benefit for Hurricane Katerina victims.

The first 2 lep albums are pretty good, straight foward NWOBHM.
2nd March 2006 03:29 PM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:
No jb, it was great. There are are very few bands that I haven't seen live, and Def Lep was one of them. They even did material from High and Dry at the show. Also, I think that the Def Lep show was part benefit for Hurricane Katerina victims.

Referring to Buffet!!!
2nd March 2006 03:29 PM
glencar Enh.
2nd March 2006 03:33 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:

Referring to Buffet!!!

It is embarrassing. Everyone here gets all dressed up to go to 2 or 3 Buffet shows a year, yet its hard for me to get anyone to go to a single Stones show. I guess there's not enough of a gimmick to their shows...
2nd March 2006 03:37 PM
jb
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

It is embarrassing. Everyone here gets all dressed up to go to 2 or 3 Buffet shows a year, yet its hard for me to get anyone to go to a single Stones show. I guess there's not enough of a gimmick to their shows...

Strange..but sadly, Stones fans are about as loyal as the next Aerosmith album. parrot heaqds(much like deadheads) are totally committed to the cause.
2nd March 2006 03:39 PM
glencar How often does Buffy tour?
2nd March 2006 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
How often does Buffy tour?

Too often................
2nd March 2006 03:41 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
How often does Buffy tour?

Every year, and this area is crazy for him, he does 2-3 shows here every summer.
2nd March 2006 03:45 PM
glencar I went to a Buffy concert once. My worst concert ever. I'm glad I've decided never to go to one of his again.
2nd March 2006 03:47 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
I went to a Buffy concert once. My worst concert ever. I'm glad I've decided never to go to one of his again.

You know you had a blast, how can you resist doing the hula-dance during "Volcano"??
2nd March 2006 03:50 PM
glencar That was especially painful. I have to admit I enjoyed the 2 big hits(M-ville & Hamburger in paradise) but Math Sucks! & some other songs ruined it all.
2nd March 2006 03:54 PM
nanatod
quote:
glencar wrote:
I went to a Buffy concert once. My worst concert ever. I'm glad I've decided never to go to one of his again.

The only time I ever saw Buffet live was when he played the main stage at Milwaukee Summerfest with the Nevilles opening. I only stayed for the twenty minutes until he did "Come Monday," and then hurried to whatever side stage Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes were going to start playing on. Southside Johnny has not played either Milwaukee or Chicago since, so I think I made the right decision.
[Edited by nanatod]
2nd March 2006 08:22 PM
FrankiePeppers The next album will be 55 Licks followed by
the Social Security Tour sponsored by AARP/Gray Panthers.
2nd March 2006 08:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Most people wouldn't believe that, but there were some great tracks cut during 85 that never made the Dirty Work record, as well as some great cover tunes. If some of these better out-takes replaced the bad songs like Winning Ugly, Back To Zero, etc. that record may have been viewed differently.

Yes, but the key is that the majority of the better outtakes feature Keith on vocals.

You would have ended up with an album which had Mick Jagger singing lead on barely half of the songs. Sony would have shit themselves at the prospect of releasing that one.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)