ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The next record Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
2nd March 2006 06:59 AM
speedfreakjive I want all the outtakes from the big 5 (Some Girls too!)to be released on a double compilation, that would be brilliant.
2nd March 2006 08:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I want all the outtakes from the big 5 (Some Girls too!)to be released on a double compilation, that would be brilliant.

ever heard Place Pigalle my friend?
[Edited by Jumacfly]
2nd March 2006 08:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Perhaps things like this could also be on the next Rarities compilation.

No chance. If they apply the criteria that they used in defining a 'rarity' on the last such compilation, by the time Rarities Vol. 3 comes out it will probably include 'Start Me Up' and 'Brown Sugar'.

If youre going to include a song on a "Rarities" release which is taken from a still available album that sold 3.5 million copies (ie, "Stripped"), then that concept could run for decades!
2nd March 2006 08:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I want all the outtakes from the big 5 (Some Girls too!)to be released on a double compilation, that would be brilliant.

I might compile a multi-disc set at some point of all available Some Girls sessions and circulate it as a torrent/tree.
2nd March 2006 08:59 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ever heard Place Pigalle my friend?
[Edited by Jumacfly]

yes I have a 2 disc set of Some Girls outtakes,Its OK. But I've heard there is a 6 CD compilation.
I'd actually love to hear some GHS outtakes.
2nd March 2006 12:08 PM
glencar The outtakes from Dirty Work are an aural treasure to behold.
2nd March 2006 12:35 PM
jb Mick hates the old stuff as he would have to face the realuty that he and the band have declined since those taylor years.....we will never see these treasures until estate tax issues arise(See Joe Robbie etate litigation/sale of Miami Dolphins to the evil Mr, Huizenga)...
2nd March 2006 12:39 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
The outtakes from Dirty Work are an aural treasure to behold.

Most people wouldn't believe that, but there were some great tracks cut during 85 that never made the Dirty Work record, as well as some great cover tunes. If some of these better out-takes replaced the bad songs like Winning Ugly, Back To Zero, etc. that record may have been viewed differently.
2nd March 2006 12:41 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

You are a disgrace to the good name of Izzy Stradlin'. You shall not be permitted to buy "Tattoo You Two" in the spring of '07 and you will be barred from seeing Izzy this summer when he returns from exile to tour the US for the first time since the early 90's!

AMEN!
2nd March 2006 12:43 PM
glencar
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Most people wouldn't believe that, but there were some great tracks cut during 85 that never made the Dirty Work record, as well as some great cover tunes. If some of these better out-takes replaced the bad songs like Winning Ugly, Back To Zero, etc. that record may have been viewed differently.

I love Strictly Memphis!
2nd March 2006 12:46 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:

I love Strictly Memphis!

Love that one too. They really did have some cool songs for that album, but I think they wanted to go for what sounded the most current for that time which is why half the album sounds quite dated now.
2nd March 2006 12:50 PM
glencar Yes, I love Dirty Work but it definitely has that "product of its time" feel to it. I wonder if ABB will have that feeling attached to it 20 years from now.
2nd March 2006 12:53 PM
jb 492k at last count USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd March 2006 12:54 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, I love Dirty Work but it definitely has that "product of its time" feel to it. I wonder if ABB will have that feeling attached to it 20 years from now.

With the exception of maybe "Streets Of Love" which has that adult contemporary ballad vibe, I think it will hold up well over time as they ignored current music trends and just went and did they music they know best. The material may not be as good as the 60's / 70's output, but in 20-30 I think ABB will get respect and not seem a product of its era as some others might.
2nd March 2006 01:16 PM
jb Rarities 101k Worldwide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd March 2006 01:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

With the exception of maybe "Streets Of Love" which has that adult contemporary ballad vibe, I think it will hold up well over time as they ignored current music trends and just went and did they music they know best. The material may not be as good as the 60's / 70's output, but in 20-30 I think ABB will get respect and not seem a product of its era as some others might.

I agree with your post. Joshy, take your meds man. No one equates sales with quality. At least no good posters. IanBillen might though.
2nd March 2006 01:25 PM
jb Are you staying at the Carlye or Rhigha Royale?
2nd March 2006 01:26 PM
glencar Neither. I ahve to work the next morning & must take the LIRR back that night. I don't think I'll even get to meet you this time. You still ahve my cell #? PM yours & I'll call that day if I can make it.
2nd March 2006 01:34 PM
Paranoid_Android There will be new rolling Stones CDs long after Kieth collapses on stage (the show I want to be at) and dies...afterall...they have so many unreleased throw-away tracks and crap nobody wants to really hear anyway...do you recall Beatles at the BBC?

Look at Jimi Hendrix, 2 Pac, Biggie, they still put out a new CD every year!!!
2nd March 2006 01:35 PM
glencar You want to be there when he dies?
2nd March 2006 01:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
Let's hope there is no more studio material from them......ever.

Do I really have to type it again? Your blantant love for substandard acts compared to the Stones is humiliating the entire board. I liken your pressence here to a rash that just wont go away (see Paris Hilton)
2nd March 2006 01:45 PM
glencar Pug, have you placed Sway on "ignore" yet?
2nd March 2006 01:52 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
There will be new rolling Stones CDs long after Kieth collapses on stage (the show I want to be at) and dies...afterall...they have so many unreleased throw-away tracks and crap nobody wants to really hear anyway...do you recall Beatles at the BBC?

Look at Jimi Hendrix, 2 Pac, Biggie, they still put out a new CD every year!!!

I don't know Keith's thoughts on going out on stage like that, but I remember Ronnie saying its how he would want to go out, doing what he loves best.
2nd March 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I don't know Keith's thoughts on going out on stage like that, but I remember Ronnie saying its how he would want to go out, doing what he loves best.

rONNIE IS ALREADY OUT.............EMBALMING FLUID SLIGHLY LEAKING.
2nd March 2006 01:56 PM
glencar The snow is really piling up outside...
2nd March 2006 01:58 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
The snow is really piling up outside...

How much are you guys getting?? It was 60 here this morning.
2nd March 2006 02:02 PM
glencar About 4 inches so far. I think there will be at least another inch or two before it ends. BTW I never saw if you rseponded on other threads. I have a brother in Independence. Is that near you?
2nd March 2006 02:04 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
About 4 inches so far. I think there will be at least another inch or two before it ends. BTW I never saw if you rseponded on other threads. I have a brother in Independence. Is that near you?

Sorry didn't see that. Yes, Independence is about 20 minutes to the west of me, i live in a town called Highland Heights. Perhaps he's heard of it.
2nd March 2006 02:19 PM
glencar I'll ahve to ask him. He's a Parrothead so we don't talk too much...
2nd March 2006 02:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Pug, have you placed Sway on "ignore" yet?

I have been advised to just let him be, he has enough detractors on this board, and there is no need for me to get involved at this juncture.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)