ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The next record Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st March 2006 02:06 AM
JAK Ever since Steel Wheels in '89, the stones have always released their new record in the late summer/early fall season with a tour that always starts in the US around this time and ends in Europe the following late summer/early fall season. What are the chances that another LP will be released in lets say, August/Sept. '08 with another year long world tour to follow. Am I just reeaching for something that unfortunetely won't happen.
1st March 2006 05:28 AM
corgi37 Next cd will be "A Bigger Bang live".
1st March 2006 05:35 AM
speedfreakjive they wil make another live record, but I reckon that there is one more studio album in them.
1st March 2006 05:37 AM
Jumacfly Flashpoint 3, the comeback.
1st March 2006 05:38 AM
speedfreakjive it also depends on whether Keith can be arsed
1st March 2006 05:40 AM
speedfreakjive are France playing tonight Ju?
1st March 2006 06:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
are France playing tonight Ju?

yes again Slovakia.
but I won t see the match, I rehearse and record tonight.
1st March 2006 06:20 AM
IzzyStradlin Let's hope there is no more studio material from them......ever.
1st March 2006 06:55 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Flashpoint 3, the comeback.

Damn!! I must have missed the second Flashpoint. Was this the one that had killer live versions of Back To Zero, Anyway You Look At It and Sweethearts Together?
1st March 2006 06:58 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Damn!! I must have missed the second Flashpoint. Was this the one that had killer live versions of Back To Zero, Anyway You Look At It and Sweethearts Together?

yes. the one whith this great opener,the medley winning Ugly/Back to zero!

IMFHO they should stop releasing live records,definitely.

1st March 2006 07:06 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

yes. the one whith this great opener,the medley winning Ugly/Back to zero!

IMFHO they should stop releasing live records,definitely.

It would be OK if it was after like every 4th album or so. Think about it, if Stripped was the last "live" album by them, then the live one of the last few tours would have a pretty interesting track listing, including "Sway", "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", "As Tears Go By", "Memory Motel", "Respectable", "Rough Justice", "Out Of Control", "Sister Morphine", "Oh No, Not You Again" and so on. Then it wouldn't just be another live album with pretty much the same track listing as always.
1st March 2006 11:11 AM
jb ABB still under 500k domestic USA!!!
1st March 2006 11:32 AM
Joey " Am I just reeaching for something that unfortunetely won't happen."

1st March 2006 11:34 AM
jb Funny!!!!!!!!!!
1st March 2006 11:35 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Funny!!!!!!!!!!

1st March 2006 02:45 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
Let's hope there is no more studio material from them......ever.

Are you a true Stones fan? I dont think so, u have no soul, may u burn in hell forever!
1st March 2006 02:46 PM
jb
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Are you a true Stones fan? I dont think so, u have no soul, may u burn in hell forever!

.....................................>
1st March 2006 05:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels There's always a next record. At this point who even really cares if it sucks? Of course its better if it doesn't but wtf...ABB gets better with age....and I wish I had my copy.
1st March 2006 06:27 PM
Soldatti The next Stones releases:
- DVD/live album (late 2006)
- Rarities Vol. 2
- More re-issues

A new album will take 2 years from now, at best.
1st March 2006 10:24 PM
keefjunkie In a few years Mick & Keef will be 64-65 Charlie will be 67-68 and Bill Whyman will be dead.

Im sure they will have atleast one more album but dont expect much in terms of touring.
1st March 2006 10:48 PM
Soldatti A new Tattoo You style of album with 7-8 outtakes and 3-4 new songs could be the next step. They have a lot of stuff from recent sessions.
2nd March 2006 12:10 AM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The next Stones releases:
- DVD/live album (late 2006)
- Rarities Vol. 2
- More re-issues

A new album will take 2 years from now, at best.

I guess I won't complain, I'll spend...

quote:
A new Tattoo You style of album with 7-8 outtakes and 3-4 new songs could be the next step. They have a lot of stuff from recent sessions.

I'd be happy spending...
2nd March 2006 12:18 AM
glencar It's doubtful tehre will be any new product again.
2nd March 2006 12:23 AM
pdog I think we'll see new stuff.... They have stuff in the can... They'll throw us some bones...
2nd March 2006 02:31 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
Let's hope there is no more studio material from them......ever.

You are a disgrace to the good name of Izzy Stradlin'. You shall not be permitted to buy "Tattoo You Two" in the spring of '07 and you will be barred from seeing Izzy this summer when he returns from exile to tour the US for the first time since the early 90's!
2nd March 2006 04:23 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

You are a disgrace to the good name of Izzy Stradlin'. You shall not be permitted to buy "Tattoo You Two" in the spring of '07 and you will be barred from seeing Izzy this summer when he returns from exile to tour the US for the first time since the early 90's!

100% correct.
what a moron.
2nd March 2006 06:47 AM
Break The Spell I agree about a new tattoo You style album, not only do they have lots of stuff from the ABB sessions, but they recorded lots of new songs during the summer of 2002 that gave us those 4 new new songs on 40 Licks. If they take the best of all those sessions and record another 4 or so fresh songs, could be an interesting mix.
2nd March 2006 06:49 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I agree about a new tattoo You style album, not only do they have lots of stuff from the ABB sessions, but they recorded lots of new songs during the summer of 2002 that gave us those 4 new new songs on 40 Licks. If they take the best of all those sessions and record another 4 or so fresh songs, could be an interesting mix.

yes, but the songs released from the 2003 sessions were utter shite!
the jam extras on 4 Flicks were better.
2nd March 2006 06:50 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I agree about a new tattoo You style album, not only do they have lots of stuff from the ABB sessions, but they recorded lots of new songs during the summer of 2002 that gave us those 4 new new songs on 40 Licks. If they take the best of all those sessions and record another 4 or so fresh songs, could be an interesting mix.

They also, a few years ago,re-recorded old outtakes like "so young" which was great.
open the vaults you wankers!
2nd March 2006 06:55 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

They also, a few years ago,re-recorded old outtakes like "so young" which was great.
open the vaults you wankers!

Perhaps things like this could also be on the next Rarities compilation.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)