ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick sucking anothers stuff Return to archive
02-01-02 07:55 PM
CocaBuena She's So Cold is a name of a song of the exactly same name (and rhythm, of course), written by
Willy Nile. who?
Ok, I have this recording, and I send you a copy for free if you beg

But then, Anybody Seen My Baby is almost the same "Constant Craving", from the canadian kd Lang.

Time Waits For No One, as I know, was written by Mick Taylor - never credited (as Hey Negrita "inspiration (???) by Ron Wood...

It Must be Hell (Jagger e Richards), has a riff guitar from...Jagger/Richards Soul Survivor.

The Robert Johson Love in Vain never has been credited.

The sentence I Can't Get No (Satisfaction) is from Chuck Berry "30 Days".

Please, correct me if I'm wrong in any point. But my question is: Mick Jagger really enjoy suck stuff (ooops!) from anothers or it's just to made mess and...midia?
02-01-02 08:21 PM
beer "No use in Crying" sounds sorta like "Time is on my side".
02-02-02 12:38 PM
Maxlugar Someone was blathering on about that She's SO Cold song years ago on Stones World. I WOULD like to finally hear this. Email me and I'll give you my address. Unless you can send my the song via email.

02-03-02 01:10 AM
yellow1 yeah send that song Bro !
Love In Vain was in the public domain when they recorded it and no one will argue that they put their stamp on it, did you ever hear the original recording ?...
As for ASMB it's got VERY little in common with Constant Craving, apart from a few seconds in the chorus...
02-03-02 04:23 AM
MickChick I'd like to hear it too...
02-03-02 09:48 PM
yellow1 so where's that file bro ?!...
02-04-02 03:36 AM
Cardinal Fang Willie Nile's version of She's So Cold does have a few similarities. The title/chorus are the same as well as a very similar tempo. They both have the same "c-c-c-c-c-c-cold" bit too. In fact there are a few other lyrical similarities too. Willie Nile's version also came out about 6 months before the Stones. Willie Nile DID have quite a large "cult" following on the New York CBGB circuit around 1979. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Mick heard it in New York and wasn't maybe subconsiously influenced ? (He would never admit it though)

If you want to hear a closer match (musically) for She's So Cold, check out The Velvet Undergrounds "Head Held High". This has the EXACT same TEMPO, CHORDS, AND METER. The break after the bridge is the SAME too. The lead guitar is almost the same too. If you have NEVER heard it, do yourself a favor. I guarantee you, after you first hear it, you will start laughing because they really are THAT similar. It also wouldn't be the first time The Stones have been influenced by VU. Mick has admitted that the studio version of Stray Cat Blues was "influenced" by VU's "Heroin".

Later, Cardinal Fang
02-04-02 09:54 AM
nankerphelge FYI -- although the STones and others argued that Love in Vain and other RJ tunes were in the public domain, a court last year held that the tunes were still protected and that royalties were owed the heirs to RJ's music.
02-04-02 05:22 PM
Joey Mick never steals anything .

Anybody who steals another individual's material is nothing but the lowest form of pond scum IMHO .

Damn Straight my Brothers and Sisters of the Stonesia .

" Hit Me Ronnie '

Joey , C10

02-04-02 08:35 PM
CocaBuena Just to the record:
I don't sayd mick have stolen anything. I think Mick don't need to do that, but says "Willie Nile's version of She's So Cold does have a few similarities", is very kind. Maybe a huge coincidence, huh, Cardinal ?

02-05-02 08:48 AM
NewGuyInTown Mick�s an excellent songwriter a true artist and one of the most living spirits on earth!
02-05-02 02:27 PM
CocaBuena Yes, I agree completelly with you new guy in town: "Mick�s an excellent songwriter a true artist and one of the most living spirits on earth".
Luv Mick more than everything. btw, you forgot to say Mick is also very beautiful, as you can see in the pic above. Mick is a great lead singer, as you can hear in lots of songs, specially, for my taste, in Sad Day, for example. Did you ever realise how much good is Mick singing that old song?
I love Mick & Rolling Stones for many years now, but doesn't means he's perfect. I even don't espect that from him. ButI'm not deaf or blind. Mick is also a business man and I think he's great in this dept too. Otherwise, probably we no longer got Stones together and well until these days.
02-08-02 07:53 PM
yellow1 so Coco, when are you gonna be sharing that rare find of yours ?
02-09-02 10:29 AM
CocaBuena Hey Submarine! I can't see your mail addy! Send it to me and I'll mail a copy.
02-17-02 06:58 PM
CocaBuena "Love In Vain was in the public domain when they recorded it and no one will argue that they put their stamp on it, did you ever hear the original recording ?... "

-->Yes,of course I heardt it. The RJ music crossed the USA borders and came even here in the banana republic, Yellow1. Thanks for ask. I was lost this thread.

---------------------------

"As for ASMB it's got VERY little in common with Constant Craving, apart from a few seconds in the chorus..."

If is just a few seconds, why kd Land and Ben Minsk are credited in the song?

02-18-02 03:26 PM
Gazza paranoia on the Stones' part.

Keiths daughter (I think it was) heard an advance copy of ASMB and remarked that the chorus sounded uncannily like kd's song. I guess they just wanted to avoid any problems at a later date

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.