ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PINK FLOYD-PLEASE REUNITE!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd February 2008 09:16 PM
snap13 HOW COME PINK FLOYD WON'T PLAY TOGETHER ANYMORE? WHAT'S THE STORY? I LOVE THEIR MUSIC, BUT DON'T FOLLOW ALL THE NEWS ON THEM.. ANYONE KNOW WHY?
23rd February 2008 09:25 PM
mojoman Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our troughts strayed constandly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begin

Along the long road and on down the causeway
Do they still meet there by the cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The night of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfuried
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Eneumbered forever by desire and ambition
Theres a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road weve been so many time

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever
23rd February 2008 10:00 PM
snap13 Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.
23rd February 2008 10:07 PM
GayB [quote]HOW COME PINK FLOYD WON'T PLAY TOGETHER ANYMORE? WHAT'S THE STORY? I LOVE THEIR MUSIC, BUT DON'T FOLLOW ALL THE NEWS ON THEM.. ANYONE KNOW WHY?
[/quoe]

maybe because , for the most part, they suck !!!!
23rd February 2008 10:57 PM
robpop It would take a miracle, and that is without Sid.
23rd February 2008 11:30 PM
Dan Please don't.

However I would send every last classic rock to the bottom of the ocean in exchange for a Grotus reunion CD and tour. I would drive a bus over a crowd of orphans if they would get Ethyl Meatplow to open.
24th February 2008 01:52 AM
Bloozehound
24th February 2008 06:34 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
GayB wrote:
[quote]HOW COME PINK FLOYD WON'T PLAY TOGETHER ANYMORE? WHAT'S THE STORY? I LOVE THEIR MUSIC, BUT DON'T FOLLOW ALL THE NEWS ON THEM.. ANYONE KNOW WHY?
[/quoe]

maybe because , for the most part, they suck !!!!

Nooooo---

Pink floyd rules the shit out from you!!
24th February 2008 07:39 AM
UGot2Rollme Gilmour isn't into it (period).
Bad blood between him and Roger goes way back.
Too bad, but that's life.
24th February 2008 08:08 AM
Stray Cat UK Saw Waters last year and he probably was better than any reformed Floyd could be. I'd still go to see them of course.

sc uk
24th February 2008 10:20 AM
fireontheplatter i would pay to see this band live again. i got to see them twice in my time.
david gilmores division bell show at giants stadium was off the hook awesome.

i bet the reason why they don't reunite has something to do with e g o. they should check those at the door and come play some stadium shows is what i say.
24th February 2008 11:08 AM
mojoman
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Saw Waters last year and he probably was better than any reformed Floyd could be. I'd still go to see them of course.

sc uk

roger waters is touring with the worlds greatest pink floyd cover band...........
24th February 2008 11:09 AM
Zack
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Saw Waters last year and he probably was better than any reformed Floyd could be. I'd still go to see them of course.

sc uk

Gilmour's show was better. He pulled out several old obscure gems and Echoes too. Waters' show sounds like a Floyd tribute band.
24th February 2008 11:18 AM
zooeyglass Yeah, maybe, but so did Gilmour Floyd in the 1980s.

Was anyone fortunate enough to see them live at the G8 concert in 2005?
24th February 2008 11:24 AM
snap13 i agree! i saw roger waters this past summer and the show was excellent...
24th February 2008 11:34 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Good God! Updated gimp?
24th February 2008 12:16 PM
Joey
quote:
snap13 wrote:
i agree! i saw roger waters this past summer and the show was excellent...

Many individuals here at this most prodigious of message boards have stated that it is virtually impossible to improve upon that Roger Waters' show .

many .............................

I remain , forever ........ your 'kins

'kins , EST. 1999
24th February 2008 12:52 PM
gimmekeef They dont need to reform...just turn your sound way up..They play note for note live..You wont notice the difference except you'll have an extra hundred bucks in your wallet.
24th February 2008 12:57 PM
Riffhard Too bad it'll never happen really. For the longest time it was Roger who was the holdout. Now it seems that David is the one that has no interest in it. Though never say never I guess. I'd imagine that a very successful Led Zep tour, and all the cash that would come from it, would get the attention of even a semi-retired Dave Gilmour.

I just loaded Meddle into my I-pod and was amazed at how great that record still sounds. It's always great to rediscover an album that you haven't listened to in years. Floyd records always seem to have that trait for me.

Riffy
24th February 2008 01:14 PM
Zack
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I just loaded Meddle into my I-pod and was amazed at how great that record still sounds. It's always great to rediscover an album that you haven't listened to in years. Floyd records always seem to have that trait for me.

Riffy

Don't you love the way it starts "Gunk . . . shhwiip! . . . gunk gunk . . . gunk-ga-gunk-ga-gunk-ga-gunk . . . " Or the originally accidental pings that start Echoes. Nothing technical at all. Just creative as hell, like plugging the Binson echo unit in backwards to see what happens (the seagulls, of course.)
[Edited by Zack]
24th February 2008 01:26 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Zack wrote:

Don't you love the way it starts "Gunk . . . shhwiip! . . . gunk gunk . . . gunk-ga-gunk-ga-gunk-ga-gunk . . . "

Nothing technical at all. Just creative as hell.

Yeah the bass work at the start of One Of These Days is cool as hell. I also love Fearless. I really like the eerieness of the synth work in the second half of the song.

I used to put on Echoes just to help me fall asleep. Still do on occassion. The whole damned record is pretty solid. I could take or leave Seamus though.

Riffy
24th February 2008 01:37 PM
Zack
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I could take or leave Seamus though.

Riffy

Yeah, that was a joke that didn't work without the visual of the dog like on the Pompeii video. St. Tropez is pretty weak as well. Too bad they didn't work up an electric arrangement of Embryo like they played it on tour from 70-71. That tune was the highlight of many a bootleg from that era.
24th February 2008 01:48 PM
lotsajizz Pompeii was/is the ultimate video to trip to
[Edited by lotsajizz]
24th February 2008 01:50 PM
zooeyglass I like Pompeii just for the kick of watching Roger and Dave obviously doped up to the gills during the interview bits.
24th February 2008 01:56 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Pompeii was/is the ultimate video to trip to
[Edited by lotsajizz]

save for a couple of songs..i found this pretty boring. even on a sat night blazing on good %)#@.
the wall on the other hand is a killer.
24th February 2008 02:06 PM
Zack Your acid must not have been good enough, platter. Try some orange sunshine or maybe window pane next time you watch.

he Wall, conversely, I consider one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. The whole thing gels when you look at it like a cartoon (as indeed much of it is) but when you go all literal and realistic with the caricatures like Parker did, it just gets icky. In fact, Roger Waters did not like the Wall movie. He said it just "beat you over the head from start to finish" and that you couldn't relate to Pink at all in the end. I agree.
24th February 2008 02:30 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Zack wrote:
Your acid must not have been good enough, platter. Try some orange sunshine or maybe window pane next time you watch.

he Wall, conversely, I consider one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen. The whole thing gels when you look at it like a cartoon (as indeed much of it is) but when you go all literal and realistic with the caricatures like Parker did, it just gets icky. In fact, Roger Waters did not like the Wall movie. He said it just "beat you over the head from start to finish" and that you couldn't relate to Pink at all in the end. I agree.

it wasn't acid

btw...are you starting to warm up to me? this is like the second or third time in a couple of weeks you have responded humanely towards me.
24th February 2008 02:38 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Good God! Updated gimp?

I dunno what that shits all about and don't want to either, but it's sure funny as fuck
24th February 2008 06:20 PM
Joey
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

btw...are you starting to warm up to me? this is like the second or third time in a couple of weeks you have responded humanely towards me.

I too feel the love ..........

24th February 2008 07:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

I dunno what that shits all about and don't want to either, but it's sure funny as fuck

I believe it is what maxlugar bought fiji joe for Valentine's Day. Those two little freaks!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)