ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: EXODUS vs Security Return to archive
23rd February 2008 04:41 PM
Dan As reported on Blabbermouth:

Veteran San Francisco Bay Area metallers EXODUS clashed with the in-house security during their headlining performance on February 16, 2008 at The Pearl Room in Mokena, Illinois after a fan was allegedly thrown out of the venue "for no good reason."

A Last.fm user by the name of "Fosster3567" describes the incident in the following way: "The last band of the night was well worth the wait. EXODUS caused a huge stir in the Pearl Room. All was fine until about three songs into their set when a fan jumped up on stage and stage-dived. This was fine with the band, they even headbanged next to him. But security felt otherwise and kicked the kid out. EXODUS stopped playing 'Children of a Worthless God' immediately. They shouted at security to let the kid back in and even told the security guard who kicked the kid out to get the fuck out. When they didn't, EXODUS' singer [Rob Dukes] shouted, 'Hey, I'm stage-diving. Kick me the fuck out, big boy.' He jumped into the crowd. When he got back on stage, he commanded the audience all stage-dive. This is when the place turned into total chaos. Audience members were running on stage by the dozen and we were all enjoying the fuck out of ourselves. Then, Pearl Room's management shut off their mics and amps. The singer was arguing with the manager for a few minutes. Luckily, EXODUS was allowed to continue their set, although no one else could stage dive. They were awesome live and played all the fan favorites."

Watch video footage of the incident below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8fNB0kaAgE
23rd February 2008 04:44 PM
mojoman what happened to all the fun in the world?
23rd February 2008 07:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
mojoman wrote:
what happened to all the fun in the world?

23rd February 2008 07:59 PM
glencar Sounds like a good time was had by all!
23rd February 2008 11:32 PM
Dan Exodus was alright. I haven't listened to them since I saw them about 15 years ago (on the bill with Body Count, White Zombie and Pantera). If they play a "friendly" venue I might go see them again.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)