ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Iseman Cometh? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
21st February 2008 04:45 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not very classy but kinda funny. I like McCain & will happily send money to the GOP which I haven't done for 4 years.

Sending money to political candidates amazes me...send money to the person who is going to take my money?...The people should be running around the country handing out money
21st February 2008 04:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Sending money to political candidates amazes me...send money to the person who is going to take my money?...The people should be running around the country handing out money

I won't send to McC as it looks like he & Barry O have agreed to public financing. But we need more GOPers in Congress. And even if they take my money, it's less than what the Dems will take. So far, McC isn't talking about raising the FICA cap, right?
21st February 2008 04:52 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
If you went after Hilly, BJ would call you a sexist. People are crazy.

21st February 2008 05:00 PM
glencar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I thought you had stopped that stuff? What exactly does it take for you to grow the fuck up? You're pushing 40 & this makes you look especially cunty.
21st February 2008 05:16 PM
Dan
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

When I see the per vote breakdowns and how much people are spending on the elections, the first thing that always comes to mind is "I voted, where's my cut?"

21st February 2008 05:28 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought you had stopped that stuff? What exactly does it take for you to grow the fuck up? You're pushing 40 & this makes you look especially cunty.

Said the grown man who goes running to the Couch like Gladys to Abner - "Guess whay gypsy did!"
21st February 2008 05:30 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:

But would he follow me from thread to thread, board to board insulting me and anyone who is decent towards me?...I think that's the difference we're talking about...I won't lump him in that group
21st February 2008 05:45 PM
glencar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Said the grown man who goes running to the Couch like Gladys to Abner - "Guess whay gypsy did!"

Even LJ doesn't bother defending yer crap anymore. You depress me. I need pills...
21st February 2008 05:45 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

But would he follow me from thread to thread, board to board insulting me and anyone who is decent towards me?...I think that's the difference we're talking about...I won't lump him in that group

He's pretty close. He isn't a "board pariah" yet but he's working on it.
21st February 2008 06:29 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:

Load of crap. I laughed at New York NOW for playing the sexist card on Ted Kennedy when he endorsed Barack, considering that Kansas Gov. Kathleen (or Katherine; I forget) Sebelius endorsed him the next day.
21st February 2008 06:33 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's pretty close. He isn't a "board pariah" yet but he's working on it.

I'm not a "board pariah" unless Gazza, Jaxx or Voodoo Child say so. Nobody gave you that power, pal.
21st February 2008 07:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Load of crap. I laughed at New York NOW for playing the sexist card on Ted Kennedy when he endorsed Barack, considering that Kansas Gov. Kathleen (or Katherine; I forget) Sebelius endorsed him the next day.

Kathleen. Did you post it or was the laugh just in yer head?
21st February 2008 07:09 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I'm not a "board pariah" unless Gazza, Jaxx or Voodoo Child say so. Nobody gave you that power, pal.

I ain't YOUR pal. And some things just are; nothings need be declared.
21st February 2008 07:23 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
I ain't YOUR pal. And some things just are; nothings need be declared.

I preferred a sarcastic "pal" to "shitbag" or one of your other patented expressions.

BTW, I see that the Wall Street Journal chose the same expression ("The Iseman Cometh") for their editorial as I used for this thread. Damn, I'm good. (And they played the "sexist" card in the editorial.)
21st February 2008 07:25 PM
glencar Shitbag definitely works better when addressing you. I quit the NY Times today (some of us do put our money where our mouth is) but I'm not going with the WSJ. Their stance on illegals is repulsive, much like you, you shitbag.
21st February 2008 08:05 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Gypsy is a highly regarded RO member, and she's my friend.

Well said, FG.
I happen to agree.

LJ.
21st February 2008 08:10 PM
LadyJane Back on topic.
I could care less who sleeps with whom.
Low blow by the Times, imo.

I also think McCain handled himself very well this a.m.

He didn't lose that trademark temper and I'm sure he wanted to. I was impressed.

LJ.
21st February 2008 08:13 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Well said, FG.
I happen to agree.

LJ.

Me too!

Photobucket
21st February 2008 08:25 PM
mojoman
quote:
Dan wrote:

It's a shame he probably didn't.

Other than that, as far as I can gather, he wrote letters for lobbyists.

Oh, and

"He introduced a bill to create tax incentives for minority ownership of stations"

Always sticking it to the white man.

pillow talk express?
21st February 2008 08:30 PM
robpop I'm proud to call Gypsy my friend, and that's all I have to say about that.
21st February 2008 08:32 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:
I'm proud to call Gypsy my friend, and that's all I have to say about that.

Gold rings on ya!
21st February 2008 08:51 PM
Dan
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Back on topic.
I could care less who sleeps with whom.
Low blow by the Times, imo.

I also think McCain handled himself very well this a.m.

He didn't lose that trademark temper and I'm sure he wanted to. I was impressed.

LJ.

I am sure he lost his temper 3 months ago when he found out they had this thing brewing. This article isn't any surprise revelation by a long shot, they had been working on it for a very long time.
21st February 2008 08:56 PM
Riffhard Let's do the math shall we?

The NYT runs a story back in the 1980's about Nancy Reagan about an affair with Frank Sinatra. The source? A Kitty Kelly tell-all with zero sourced witnesses. Shocked? Not me.

Now flash forward to 1992. Gennifer Flowers, who actually did have an affair with Bill Clinton can't buy ad space in the NYT. The story was buried. Juanita Brodrick with evidence and at least three seperate passed lie detector tests to back up her story, claims that Bill Clinton raped her. The NYT? Ignores the story. Paula Jones? The NYT insinuates that she has an axe to grind and dismisses the story. Kathleen Wiley? Ignored. The list of abused women is long, but you'd never know it because the NYT shrugged their shoulders at every single one of them.

Now John McCain gets tarred and feathered by the NYT twice in the same article with ZERO evidence to support this yellow journalism horseshit! They insinuated that he had an affair with a lobbyist. They both deny that this ever happened, and not one person on his staff has come forward to lend it any credence. Then the NYT implies that this rummored affair led McCain to give her special favors. It's a bullshit story on it's face.

As Limbaugh so rightly pointed out today. The story is not the story. The story is that the NYT endorsed McCain for the GOP nomination all the while they were sitting on this non story. Now weeks before he seals the deal and wins the nomination they come out and kneecap him with this crap. It's agenda driven bullshit journalism. Anyone that trys to deny that is simply lying to themselves and ignoring a pattern of history that screams bias.

This non-story has actually got me defending a man with the most liberal voting record on the Republican side of the Senate. That's saying something!

Riffy
21st February 2008 08:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Dan wrote:

Get the fuck out of here - that dress has clearly been drycleaned. Libs have no evidence. Not a drop.
21st February 2008 09:02 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am sure he lost his temper 3 months ago when he found out they had this thing brewing. This article isn't any surprise revelation by a long shot, they had been working on it for a very long time.

I'm just not getting where people think this guy is fooling around with women..Dude has more game with men than a proctologist

21st February 2008 09:13 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Shitbag definitely works better when addressing you. I quit the NY Times today (some of us do put our money where our mouth is) but I'm not going with the WSJ. Their stance on illegals is repulsive, much like you, you shitbag.

Keep it coming, mate. The quality of your thinking is well reflected in the quality of your diction. I am confident that most people on this board can distinguish those of us who can engage in civil discourse from the crass and vulgar. We'll see who gets to "board pariah" first, pal.
21st February 2008 11:04 PM
TampabayStone Gazza, Voodoo, Jaxx!!!

Can I have this put under my screen name when I hit 5000? TIA!

Board Pariah
21st February 2008 11:22 PM
glencar LOL
21st February 2008 11:25 PM
Brainbell Jangler Ditto.
22nd February 2008 12:12 AM
stonedinaustralia can i have one that says "Board Piranha"

or should that be "Bored Piranha" or inded "Bored Pariah"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)