ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dave Edmunds? Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st February 2008 07:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Sure. Nice family.

>In 1979, Lowe married country singer Carlene Carter, daughter of country singers Carl Smith and June Carter Cash and stepdaughter of Johnny Cash. He adopted her daughter, Tiffany Anastasia Lowe. The marriage ended in the mid-eighties, but they remained friends, and Lowe remained close to the Carter/Cash family. He played and recorded with Johnny Cash, and Cash recorded several of Lowe's songs. Lowe's first son, Roy Lowe, was born in 2005.<

I absolutely LOVE Carlene Carter.

Saw Edmunds in the early 80's. He was astonishingly good. he does a good version of Springsteen's "From Small Things Big Things Come" which Bruce gave to him backstage after the Wembley show I was at in '81. Nick Lowe has put out some fine albums as well.

21st February 2008 10:09 AM
Lil Brian DE7th rules the roost for me. Thanks for the reminder!
21st February 2008 10:18 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
Gazza wrote: I absolutely LOVE Carlene Carter.

I'd agree, G. And she was pretty nice looking too.
21st February 2008 10:41 AM
Gazza She has a new album coming out next month called "Stronger". Her first in well over a decade since she basically dropped out of sight with various personal and drug-related problems (I met her in 1997 just before she 'disappeared' and she must have weighed about 90 pounds. Her lifestyle had aged her terribly. Thankfully, she's now taking better care of herself, has remarried and seems settled)

I got an advance CD of her new record a year or so ago from her official website and its really good. Theyve eventually got a distributor for it and its been remixed and had stuff added to it, etc. The samples I've heard sound good but personally I preferred the original version. You can get advance signed copies of it through her website if youre quick enough - http://www.carlenecarterfanclub.com/

[Edited by Gazza]
21st February 2008 01:45 PM
Lil Brian Nick Lowe "Jesus of Cool"

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=296082

21st February 2008 02:31 PM
steel driving hammer Edmunds Rules.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)