ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dave Edmunds? Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th February 2008 06:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What does anyone know about this guy? I ran across him on youtube a few days back by accident. I had never heard of him before. But I thought he was pretty good.
20th February 2008 07:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th February 2008 07:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th February 2008 07:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th February 2008 07:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
20th February 2008 07:46 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
What does anyone know about this guy? I ran across him on youtube a few days back by accident. I had never heard of him before. But I thought he was pretty good.

Never heard of him?
Where have you been, TTM?

Love me some DE.

Run, don't walk, to pick up copies of 'Rockpile', 'Subtle As A Flying Mallet', 'Get It', 'Tracks On Wax 4', 'Repeat When Necessary', 'Twangin'' and 'DE 7th'.

'I Hear You Rockin'' and 'A Pile of Rock: Live' are sonic slabs o' live Edmunds goodness.

And while you're at it get the Rockpile (the band) CD, 'Seconds Of Pleasure', too.

That guy Nick Lowe - heard of him? - and Dave do the Everlys proud on that one.
20th February 2008 07:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Never heard of him?
Where have you been, TTM?

Better Late than never.
20th February 2008 07:56 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Better Late than never.

True dat.

And lets hope you won't be posting his obit for a loooooong time...
20th February 2008 07:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
That guy Nick Lowe - heard of him? -

Sure. Nice family.

>In 1979, Lowe married country singer Carlene Carter, daughter of country singers Carl Smith and June Carter Cash and stepdaughter of Johnny Cash. He adopted her daughter, Tiffany Anastasia Lowe. The marriage ended in the mid-eighties, but they remained friends, and Lowe remained close to the Carter/Cash family. He played and recorded with Johnny Cash, and Cash recorded several of Lowe's songs. Lowe's first son, Roy Lowe, was born in 2005.<
20th February 2008 08:00 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
>In 1979, Lowe married country singer Carlene Carter, daughter of country singers Carl Smith and June Carter Cash and stepdaughter of Johnny Cash. He adopted her daughter, Tiffany Anastasia Lowe. The marriage ended in the mid-eighties, but they remained friends, and Lowe remained close to the Carter/Cash family. He played and recorded with Johnny Cash, and Cash recorded several of Lowe's songs. Lowe's first son, Roy Lowe, was born in 2005.<

So you've got Lowe's obit ready, eh?
20th February 2008 08:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG Mr. Motels

I am just shakin' my head..

Better late than never...

Keep on edumacatin yourself!!!!
20th February 2008 08:08 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
20th February 2008 08:11 PM
PartyDoll MEG Leftie..are you gonna help him?

That's really sweet!
20th February 2008 08:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
What does anyone know about this guy?

Alright. So there's no such thing as a stupid question.

20th February 2008 08:24 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Leftie..are you gonna help him?

That's really sweet!

Just felt like posting a pic of Chuck Berry's two greatest disciples is all...
20th February 2008 08:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

That Dion tune isn't so bad either.
20th February 2008 08:28 PM
robpop I first heard him while I was in high school. Still love his music now.
20th February 2008 08:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Chuck Berry has disciples???

20th February 2008 08:43 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

can't cite the particulars but i recall reading something (uncut/mojo) about there being some bad blood between edmunds and keith going back to the early 60's. Keith's appearance as pictured was more to do with Nick Lowe and edmunds went along under sufferance

20th February 2008 08:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Keith. That crank never tolerated anyone who was a threat.
20th February 2008 08:51 PM
guitarman53 Big hit in '70 "I hear you Knocking"
20th February 2008 08:51 PM
stonedinaustralia oh well TTM - that's what you have to do if you want to rule
20th February 2008 08:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
oh well TTM - that's what you have to do if you want to rule

If you want to rule BAD ENOUGH. Most people's temperment just can't or won't take it that far. The Rolling Stones exist today partially because Keith was/is like that. That's a good thing. Mick and Charlie have their own motivations for making it (the band) work too. But the world is a better place for it.
20th February 2008 09:51 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
can't cite the particulars but i recall reading something (uncut/mojo) about there being some bad blood between edmunds and keith going back to the early 60's. Keith's appearance as pictured was more to do with Nick Lowe and edmunds went along under sufferance

I'm sure that's possible.
But - KR might not have even known who he was playing with.

He appeared with Rockpile in NYC on 10/25/78, the day after receiving probation in Toronto for his '77 bust.

Edmunds' old website had a story about how an extremely overserved Keef materialized on stage at The Bottom Line.
They proceeded to play a handful of songs together, and then, just as quickly, he vanished.

After The Bottom Line closed a fan posted some of his memories:
"Perhaps the best one was the night Rockpile was headlining and Keith Richards showed up, played four tunes with them, returned to his table (right next to mine) and passed out."
20th February 2008 09:55 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

He appeared with Rockpile in NYC on 10/25/78, the day after receiving probation in Toronto for his '77 bust.

Edmunds' old website had a story about how an extremely overserved Keef materialized on stage at The Bottom Line.
They proceeded to play a handful of songs together, and then, just as quickly, he vanished.

yeah - those details were also in the article i read
20th February 2008 11:03 PM
guitarman53 Nick Lowe was mentioned, love "Cruel To Be Kind" a guitar solo done with a rhythm, reminds me of Bobby Fuller's "I fought The Law"
20th February 2008 11:39 PM
andrews27 Edmunds had two indispensable pub-rock albums, Trax on Wax 4, and Get It!, both with Nick Lowe. Both very much up any Stones fan's alley. Also an earlier one-hit single, his unique, T.Rex-like cover of "I Hear You Knocking." All the above highly recommended.
21st February 2008 12:10 AM
Make It Funky Dave used to make regular appearances on Letterman as well... and dont forget, Edmunds also produced the earlier works of the Stray Cats (along the 50s rockabily flavour he is known for). Thanks for the YouTube links!
21st February 2008 03:08 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
What does anyone know about this guy? I ran across him on youtube a few days back by accident. I had never heard of him before. But I thought he was pretty good.

To bad your still on dial up or maybe you would already know.
21st February 2008 07:53 AM
glencar
quote:

Maybe you should try to see him in concert!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)