ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guess What I Just Won? Crazy ol' Life! Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th February 2008 11:24 PM
GotToRollMe Woah! Congratulations Highwire Rob! Nothing like tooling down the highway in a hot ride blasting the Stones. Good on ya!
18th February 2008 11:27 PM
robpop
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Woah! Congratulations Highwire Rob! Nothing like tooling down the highway in a hot ride blasting the Stones. Good on ya!

You're not kidding. He is a really cool dude, and I'm really happy for him.
19th February 2008 04:11 AM
Jaxx wow. your story is something else. you are so lucky you should go out and buy a bunch of lottery tix.....
19th February 2008 10:02 AM
Highwire Rob I'm trying to remember if they actually said it will be a vehicle... maybe it's a real Mustang. I bet Yinzer chicks will dig that!

Thanks so much for the congrats everybody! I will take pictures and post when I see the car - hopefully next week. And those are wise words about appreciating fate & irony and learning from my recent missteps (which thankfully were not a whole lot worse or fatal).

This morning, just walking from my rusty Olds Ciera across the parking lot to work I slipped on some ice and landed on my back in a second flat - picked myself up, dusted off my keester, looked around, BUT nobody saw - only a bit of a sore noggin! ....

Just goes to show that one must keep things in perspective
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
19th February 2008 02:45 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

This morning, just walking from my rusty Olds Ciera across the parking lot to work I slipped on some ice and landed on my back in a second flat -

clearly no high wires for you
19th February 2008 03:22 PM
Joey " ... I slipped on some ice and landed on my back in a second flat - picked myself up, dusted off my keester, looked around, BUT nobody saw - only a bit of a sore noggin! .... "

19th February 2008 03:52 PM
Starbuck wow. i can just hear don pardo's voice screaming...."a new car!!!"

this beats the hell out of the rickenbacker twelve string i won a few months back.
19th February 2008 03:55 PM
Factory Girl AWESOME NEWS, Highwire Rob!! Is it a stick or automatic? Is it a convertible?? What color--cherry red??

Did you pick it up yet???

Congrats and drive safely!!

FG!
[Edited by Factory Girl]
19th February 2008 04:00 PM
Joey
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

this beats the hell out of the rickenbacker twelve string i won a few months back.

You bet your sweet bippy bucky !!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!!!
22nd February 2008 10:45 PM
robpop I can see Hirewire Rob tearing up PA toll 66. It may be Depeche Mode but I love this song. I crank it while I'm on PA toll 66. It even has the late Wolfman Jack. Hey the Stones even did this song, but we all know that version.

[Edited by robpop]
23rd February 2008 01:53 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
robpop wrote:
I can see Hirewire Rob tearing up PA toll 66. It may be Depeche Mode but I love this song. I crank it while I'm on PA toll 66. It even has the late Wolfman Jack. Hey the Stones even did this song, but we all know that version.

dude...

Depeche Mode, for reals ?

23rd February 2008 01:56 PM
robpop
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

dude...

Depeche Mode, for reals ?

I used to like them back in the day, but I was drunk last night and anything sounded good. I don't know know what I was thinking. The Jim Beam cure for the flu did not work. I extremely ill today.
[Edited by robpop]
23rd February 2008 02:06 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
robpop wrote:

I used to like them back in the day, but I was drunk last night and anything sounded good. I don't know know what I was thinking. The Jim Beam cure for the flu did not work. I extremely ill today.
[Edited by robpop]

as a former fully restored, '66 mustang convertable owner I will asure you that no depeche mode was ever played in that car, only goats head soup and beggers banquet

23rd February 2008 02:33 PM
pdog congrads... when do you get your license back?
23rd February 2008 04:30 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
pdog wrote:
congrads... when do you get your license back?

Thanks!

I don't have to send the license in to PennDOT till the end of March. (It will be gone for at least a year--SHIT!) BUT eventually the Mustang will be one with an ignition-interlock installed (NOT my choice!)

Better than this, I suppose...

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)