ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guess What I Just Won? Crazy ol' Life! Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th February 2008 11:34 AM
Highwire Rob O.K. the cliché is absolutely true for me--I've entered many contests in the past (Web, in-store, anything free, etc.) BUT NEVER WON SHIT!

I received a couple of phone messages to call-back Spencer's Gifts marketing last week but didn't think too much about it.

I just found out today -- I WON A 2007 FORD MUSTANG!!!!

Kind of ironic for those of you aware of my recent driving predicament! Somehow, I HAVE TO KEEP THIS CAR!! Fast & Furious, just a kinder, gentler fast & furious...

I WILL NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE AGAIN!! I PROMISE. NOT IN THIS COOL RIDE!!

It's true - sometimes our crazy ol' lives do have a way of turning around for the better.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
18th February 2008 11:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

Post a pic as soon as possible?????
Congratualtions.

18th February 2008 11:47 AM
sirmoonie Dude. Yinzer chicks dig Mustangs.
18th February 2008 11:53 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Post a pic as soon as possible?????
Congratualtions.

Thanks! My Pennsylvania "RIFHARD" license plate is going to look a lot cooler (right now it's on a rust-spotted '94 olds Ciera). Spencer's corporate is emailing me an affidavit to sign and get back by next Monday.

Once the legal paperwork is taken care of they'll work through a Pittsburgh dealership.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
18th February 2008 11:55 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Dude. Yinzer chicks dig Mustangs.

I hope so Sirmoonie!
18th February 2008 11:58 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

I hope so Sirmoonie!

Hailstorm. Hailstorm, I tell ya.
18th February 2008 12:05 PM
Mr Jurkka I never win nothing.. but gongrats! post some pics.
18th February 2008 12:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
18th February 2008 12:10 PM
Sioux Well, after a lifetime of not winning anything, that's a really big WIN! Congrats...
18th February 2008 12:33 PM
Highwire Rob Thanks!

And that pic is a beauty of a classic convertible, TTM.
18th February 2008 12:34 PM
gimmekeef Congratulations!....happy to see that someone does actually win something sometime...specially a Stones/Steeler fan too.
18th February 2008 12:51 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Nice!

Spencer's Gifts, huh?
Does the 'stang come with whoopie cushions?
18th February 2008 12:52 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Congratulations!....happy to see that someone does actually win something sometime...specially a Stones/Steeler fan too.

Black & Gold! Do you think the dealership will give me a color option?
18th February 2008 12:58 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Nice!

Spencer's Gifts, huh?
Does the 'stang come with whoopie cushions?

LOL!!! And to think when I was 14 in the 80s a Spencer's sales lady ushered me posthaste from the "Adult Games" section of the store. I didn't see an age requirement sign! What a most embarrassing day at the mall that was for me.

For years now I have harbored a nagging suspicion that this:
is something naughty. It's not is it? Just a stress relief toy... Right?
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
18th February 2008 04:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

Kind of ironic for those of you aware of my recent driving predicament! Somehow, I HAVE TO KEEP THIS CAR!! Fast & Furious just a kinder, gentler fast & furious...

Congratulations Highwire Rob !!!!!

Now THIS calls for a ...... well , ...... a DRINK !!!

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

J'Lo'kins
18th February 2008 04:11 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

LOL!!! And to think when I was 14 in the 80s a Spencer's sales lady ushered me posthaste from the "Adult Games" section of the store. I didn't see an age requirement sign! What a most embarrassing day at the mall that was for me.

For years now I have harbored a nagging suspicion that this:
is something naughty. It's not is it? Just a stress relief toy... Right?
[Edited by Highwire Rob]

you might need an adapter and then it should plug into you 'new' cigarette lighter....weeeeee, enjoy the ride.

18th February 2008 04:23 PM
Highwire Rob
18th February 2008 05:24 PM
open-g Congratulations Highwire Rob!

hey, I win nearly every day.
it says:
Congratulations you are the zillionth visitor and you have won a ton of bucks or slt...

oh well, drive carefully
18th February 2008 06:55 PM
GhostofBrianJones CONGRATULATIONS!! HIGHWIRE ROB!! GREAT ITEM TO WIN!!

Yes please post pictures of this car when you can I would love to see it too.

I remember those Mustang convertibles when I was a teen.
18th February 2008 08:30 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
O.K. the cliché is absolutely true for me--I've entered many contests in the past (Web, in-store, anything free, etc.) BUT NEVER WON SHIT!

I received a couple of phone messages to call-back Spencer's Gifts marketing last week but didn't think too much about it.

Kind of ironic for those of you aware of my recent driving predicament! Somehow, I HAVE TO KEEP THIS CAR!! Fast & Furious just a kinder, gentler fast & furious...

It's true - sometimes our crazy ol' lives do have a way of turning around for the better.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]

Congrats my friend. Moonie is right Yinzer chicks dig Mustangs. Open that fucker up on 66. Drive it to the opening night of SAL. Hell, I'll pick up your turn downs.
18th February 2008 08:38 PM
SweetVirginia From the Urban Dictionary (for everyone not from PA):

Yinzer-
Female, native of Pittsburgh, wearing too much hairspray/gel and makeup, with a very limited vocabulary and usually driving a Camaro, Firebird or Trans-Am, loves 80s music; very often like a moped---fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your friends to see.

Congrats, Rob!

18th February 2008 08:39 PM
robpop Dude, that is going to look cool at my Donnie Iris gig this summer.
18th February 2008 08:54 PM
robpop I just got a phone call. Our fire department sold a $20 ticket for $17,500 on tonights PA 3 digit number. Well I had a few left , but this old guy who lives on my street wanted one last night. I sold it to him. I was going to buy the ones I had left myself, but he picked the right one. $17,500 cash in a paper bag. Damn. That fucker better by me a few beers.
18th February 2008 09:04 PM
Bloozehound congrats, mustangs chick magnets, Spencers needs to throw in a pair of

18th February 2008 09:08 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

Black & Gold! Do you think the dealership will give me a color option?

Jesus, I suppose Yinzer girls were into Irocs too. And, I'm supposed to be the redneck...

Rob, that is fucking awesome!!!! You deserve some good shit for awile..
18th February 2008 10:41 PM
andrews27 Blessings on thee, Yinzer boy
Be careful in thy brand new toy
[Edited by andrews27]
18th February 2008 10:48 PM
sweetcharmedlife Congrats Highwire. Sounds like a sweet ride. Be cool out there man. I know it ain't easy. Trust me,I've had my share of disagreements with the CHP over driving issues....But eventually we figure it out.
[Edited by sweetcharmedlife]
18th February 2008 10:49 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Jesus, I suppose Yinzer girls were into Irocs too. And, I'm supposed to be the redneck...

Rob, that is fucking awesome!!!! You deserve some good shit for awile..

You are a redneck wannabe Chicago boy.

I goota say the hottest thing I had ever seen is when I was dating my ex out HW Rob's way. I stopped to pick her up, but she was getting ready. So I went down a grabbed a beer and headed out to her pool. Well, her friends were there, one was swimming in the nude, and drunk. When she realized I was there she got out of the pool and grabbed a Rebel Flag to wrap around herself. A fucking hot chick with just a Rebel flag on...I mean damn.
18th February 2008 10:56 PM
Bitch Sure hope it's true! Skeptical, but I believe most of these giveaways are scams. Caught drinking & driving ~ you lost your license and won a car, thats irony! It's a positive sign and warning about the future. Driving and the car, a privelege and a gift.
18th February 2008 11:14 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

You are a redneck wannabe Chicago boy.

LOL! YOU BASTARD!!! I moved down here in the 7th grade, 1979 for the love of everthing good in this world. I was actual born in L.A. and my parents moved back to Chicago when I was three.

I would been rubbing one out like she was Phebe Cates!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)