ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Roy Scheider!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
13th February 2008 10:21 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

A face only a Yinzer could love.

Photobucket
How come the Nation did not take a look at him a couple years ago, instead they hire a Buc coach?
[Edited by TampabayStone]

The nation did not hire him, because we wanted him to got Miami so CHevysales could have someone to take the blame for his sorry ass Dolphins. Besides, Wannie has been bring in some of the best classes in all of the NCAA to Pitt. Now he has to win with them.

Only yinzers still look cool with stand alone mustaches.

13th February 2008 10:25 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Only yinzers still look cool with stand alone mustaches.

Funny!!

Yinzer?

Photobucket
13th February 2008 10:37 PM
TampabayStone Flyest facial hair in coaching today.

Photobucket
13th February 2008 10:40 PM
andrews27
quote:
robpop wrote:

What CCAC South? Are you a yinzer negro also?

I didn't say I lived there. How do you get to become, or un-become, a yinzer negro?

"The Irish are the blacks of Europe" --Bono
13th February 2008 10:43 PM
andrews27
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
How many GD Yinzers are on this bored?

Yinz is a second-person plural pronoun used mainly in southwest Pennsylvania, including Pittsburgh, but it is also found throughout the Appalachians. (See: Pittsburgh English.)

Yinz is the most recent derivation from the original Scots-Irish form you ones, which is probably the result of a contact situation between Irish and English. When standard-English speakers talk in the first person or third person, they use different pronouns to distinguish between singular and plural. In the first person, for example, speakers use the singular I and the plural we. But when speaking in the second person, you performs double duty as both the singular form and the plural form. Crozier (1984) suggests that during the 19th century, when many Irish speakers switched to speaking English, they filled this gap with you ones, primarily because Irish has a singular second-person pronoun, tu, as well as a plural form, sibh. The following therefore is the most likely path from you ones to yinz: you ones [yu wʌnz] > you'uns [yuʌnz] > youns [yunz] > yunz [yʌnz] > yinz [yɪnz]. Because there are still speakers who use each form, there is no stable second-person plural pronoun form in southwest or central Pennsylvania—which is why this pronoun is variably referred to or spelled as you'uns, yunz, yinz, yins or ynz.

In other parts of the U.S., Irish or Scots-Irish speakers encountered the same gap in the second-person plural. For this reason, these speakers are also responsible for coining the yous found mainly in New Jersey and the ubiquitous y'all of the South.

Yinz's place as one of Pittsburgh's most famous regionalisms makes it both a badge of pride and a way to show self-deprecation. For example, a group of Pittsburgh area political cheerleaders call themselves "Yinz Cheer," and an area literary magazine is The New Yinzer, a take-off of The New Yorker. Those perceived to be stereotypical blue collar Pittsburghers are often referred to as Yinzers.

In other words, incestuous kin to "You'uns," as heard on the Beverly Hillbillies.

[Edited by andrews27]
13th February 2008 10:43 PM
robpop
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

I didn't say I lived there. How do you get to become, or un-become, a yinzer negro?

"The Irish are the blacks of Europe" --Bono

HA! I was not talking about skin color, but are you a yinzer niggie also?
13th February 2008 10:45 PM
andrews27
quote:
robpop wrote:

HA! I was not talking about skin color, but are you a yinzer niggie also?

I dunno - what are you, first? I'm from Buffalo and before that, Manhattan. I just work in the great Yinz.

"Weeeeer'e off to see the Yinzers,
Those wunnerful Yinzers of ours!"

[Edited by andrews27]
[Edited by andrews27]
TampabayStone
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

In other words, incestuous kin to "You'uns," as heard on the Beverly Hillbillies.

[Edited by andrews27]

Photobucket
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Flyest facial hair in coaching today.

Photobucket

Bettis told Tomlin his barber, for real.
13th February 2008 10:46 PM
gypsy
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:

I have seen your nose honey. So do you.

Weak attempt. Try again.
13th February 2008 10:46 PM
robpop
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:

I have seen your nose honey. So do you.

Wipe the cum off your nose.
13th February 2008 10:49 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Bettis told Tomlin his barber, for real.

I beleive it. I told my barber I wanted to show more chin like the Buses beard. He laughed and agreed that JB has the ideal beard.
13th February 2008 10:59 PM
TampabayStone What are the Yinzers going to do when this guy gets another job? Them waco Gators still worship Spurrier. They f'in root for a team in their own conference because of that dude and their called the GameCocks for the love of everthing right in this world..

Photobucket
13th February 2008 11:07 PM
gypsy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
What are the Yinzers going to do when this guy gets another job? Them waco Gators still worship Spurrier. They f'in root for a team in their own conference because of that dude and their called the GameCocks for the love of everthing right in this world..

Photobucket

Here's what I think they'll do:

13th February 2008 11:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:

Your public education system is lacking I see.

Much like your sense of humor.
13th February 2008 11:17 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Here's what I think they'll do:

Lol.. I think Rob all ready has his socks on.
13th February 2008 11:18 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:

And your sense of decorum. I'll wait while you look that word up in the dictionary.

Don't you get this fine tread closed!
13th February 2008 11:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Don't you get this fine tread closed!

I know! S/he has managed to get a couple of my favorite threads closed down lately. And s/he's not even funny.
13th February 2008 11:33 PM
gypsy
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:

An admission of your defeat. I am sure that whoever that is, they are not going to be very happy. The great Gypsy! She has melted down you see. She is not as tough as she says she is. You have become very sad. LOL!!!

No, not really.
13th February 2008 11:33 PM
gypsy
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:
By the way. I took a screenshot of this. You will not be able to deny this one.

Then it is you. I knew it.
13th February 2008 11:40 PM
andrews27 If you'uns want to catfight, come to Pittsburgh so we can sell tix.
13th February 2008 11:44 PM
gypsy
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:

I have NO idea who that is. And you should remove that information. You have really dug yourself a hole this time.

Sure you don't.
13th February 2008 11:45 PM
andrews27 Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I liked the Pittsburgh parts better than these parts.

"Brothers and sisters - why are we catfighting?"
[Edited by andrews27]
14th February 2008 07:07 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Zombie Chick wrote:

I don't. But I will soon. This person deserves to know what you are doing to her.

23 total posts.
Show me ONE related to The Rolling Stones!

LJ.

14th February 2008 09:28 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
robpop wrote:

Hey my friends band is playing in a bar in that area in the next weekend. I'll see if I can score us some of that.

LOL! I think the guy may have escaped from the Carnegie Science Center Exhibit. Cranked up on phemaldehyde will do that to ya!

http://www.carnegiesciencecenter.org/default.aspx?pageId=307

14th February 2008 10:05 AM
TampabayStone Photobucket
14th February 2008 12:11 PM
WinslowStud RIP ROy Scheider!

a great american.
14th February 2008 02:19 PM
Child of the Moon Interesting... this thread was off-topic before the first page had even ended. Granted, how many words can a group like us truly say about Roy Scheider before we're re-treading Jaws jokes?
14th February 2008 02:38 PM
texile he was sexy and handsome in a scraggly way......
aside from jaws and the french connection, he great in fosse.
14th February 2008 06:59 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
a great american.

Photobucket

Whatever. Save it for Rob...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)