ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Roy Scheider!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12th February 2008 09:05 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Oh, yeah, he likes to bowl.

[Edited by TampabayStone]

Fuck you, cocksucker!
12th February 2008 09:13 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Fuck you, cocksucker!

LOL!!! CRAP, I meant duck bowling..
12th February 2008 09:16 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

LOL!!! CRAP, I meant duck bowling..

You have until the third frame of my second game tomorrow night to apologize.
12th February 2008 09:20 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Roughly 24 hrs, menos e manos??

Photobucket
12th February 2008 10:06 PM
gypsy
quote:
robpop wrote:

"One more time, ol' sweetness"
12th February 2008 10:07 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Funny! Murry is a freak..
12th February 2008 10:09 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

One of my favorite movies. By the way, it was made in Yinzerburgh.
12th February 2008 10:10 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

By the way, it was made in Yinzerburgh.

Shocking.
12th February 2008 10:23 PM
fireontheplatter you guys crack me up
keep the smiles coming
12th February 2008 10:24 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Shocking.

F A G G I T

12th February 2008 10:25 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

F A G G I T

Your mean! One love man, one love...

Photobucket
12th February 2008 10:29 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Your mean! One love man, one love...

Photobucket

Great tie in. His last live performance was in Yinzerburgh.
12th February 2008 11:14 PM
gypsy This guy's last performance was also in Yinzerburgh:

12th February 2008 11:20 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:
This guy's last performance was also in Yinzerburgh:

No. Its not me.

LOL!!! How the fuck did you find that? I was watching the local news with my dad the other day when that dude stole the show.
12th February 2008 11:34 PM
gypsy
quote:
robpop wrote:

No. Its not me.

LOL!!! How the fuck did you find that? I was watching the local news with my dad the other day when that dude stole the show.

Oddly, I was walking through the living room to let my dog outside, glanced at the TV, and the local news channel was running that story. As soon as I heard them say it happened in Pittsburgh, I got online to look for a video of it.
12th February 2008 11:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

No. Its not me.

Munhall? Troy Hill? Got to be Munhall.
12th February 2008 11:52 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Munhall? Troy Hill? Got to be Munhall.

Its Brookline.
12th February 2008 11:59 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

Its Brookline.

Never even heard of it. Had to google it. That was way the fuck out in the sticks to an inner city yinzer. Bunch of backward ass rednecks running around goddam naked all day out there.
13th February 2008 12:05 AM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Never even heard of it. Had to google it. That was way the fuck out in the sticks to an inner city yinzer. Bunch of backward ass rednecks running around goddam naked all day out there.

Yeah, it is the hick part of Picksburgh, I used to bang a chick there a few years ago. Crakcer area. They like to drink. I never saw naked people running around. I'll put it this way...there will not be any Obama 08 signs in that part of the city.

That video was taken on route 51, on the other side of the "tubes".
[Edited by robpop]
13th February 2008 02:43 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Yeah, it is the hick part of Picksburgh, I used to bang a chick there a few years ago. Crakcer area. They like to drink. I never saw naked people running around. I'll put it this way...there will not be any Obama 08 signs in that part of the city.

[Edited by robpop]

Holy Fuck, what in the f'in F is going on over there???? I feel like I got the crap beat out of me those last 5 posts. Thank God you Yinzers have the Steelers & duck bowling... Freaks!
13th February 2008 07:22 AM
Highwire Rob HAHAHA! Yinz talking 'bout "Naked Guy" -- WDVE Deejays were discussing him this morning. Got to explain the shrinkage in this icy weather. I wanna now what that Jaggoff was on!

13th February 2008 03:42 PM
andrews27
quote:
robpop wrote:
[Edited by robpop]

Route 51! I think he's gone absent from one of my community college classes! Yinzers can guess where I mean...

[Edited by andrews27]
13th February 2008 08:41 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
HAHAHA! Yinz talking 'bout "Naked Guy" -- WDVE Deejays were discussing him this morning. Got to explain the shrinkage in this icy weather. I wanna now what that Jaggoff was on!

Hey my friends band is playing in a bar in that area in the next weekend. I'll see if I can score us some of that.
13th February 2008 08:51 PM
robpop
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

Route 51! I think he's gone absent from one of my community college classes! Yinzers can guess where I mean...

[Edited by andrews27]

What CCAC South? Are you a yinzer negro also?
13th February 2008 09:03 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:
This guy's last performance was also in Yinzerburgh:

Hey, this guy new what he was doing. Keeping the socks on is a good idea while running throught the streets naked in winter. There is nothing worse tha exposed feet on the cold pavement. Also stopping at Arby's to eat some calories is not a bad idea. In this instance it was a faux pas, since he forgot his wallet.
13th February 2008 09:06 PM
gypsy He was probably hopped up on meth.
13th February 2008 09:09 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:
He was probably hopped up on meth.

I doubt it. I think he was still pissed off about the loss to Jax in the playoffs.
13th February 2008 09:21 PM
TampabayStone How many GD Yinzers are on this bored?

Yinz is a second-person plural pronoun used mainly in southwest Pennsylvania, including Pittsburgh, but it is also found throughout the Appalachians. (See: Pittsburgh English.)

Yinz is the most recent derivation from the original Scots-Irish form you ones, which is probably the result of a contact situation between Irish and English. When standard-English speakers talk in the first person or third person, they use different pronouns to distinguish between singular and plural. In the first person, for example, speakers use the singular I and the plural we. But when speaking in the second person, you performs double duty as both the singular form and the plural form. Crozier (1984) suggests that during the 19th century, when many Irish speakers switched to speaking English, they filled this gap with you ones, primarily because Irish has a singular second-person pronoun, tu, as well as a plural form, sibh. The following therefore is the most likely path from you ones to yinz: you ones [yu wʌnz] > you'uns [yuʌnz] > youns [yunz] > yunz [yʌnz] > yinz [yɪnz]. Because there are still speakers who use each form, there is no stable second-person plural pronoun form in southwest or central Pennsylvania—which is why this pronoun is variably referred to or spelled as you'uns, yunz, yinz, yins or ynz.

In other parts of the U.S., Irish or Scots-Irish speakers encountered the same gap in the second-person plural. For this reason, these speakers are also responsible for coining the yous found mainly in New Jersey and the ubiquitous y'all of the South.

Yinz's place as one of Pittsburgh's most famous regionalisms makes it both a badge of pride and a way to show self-deprecation. For example, a group of Pittsburgh area political cheerleaders call themselves "Yinz Cheer," and an area literary magazine is The New Yinzer, a take-off of The New Yorker. Those perceived to be stereotypical blue collar Pittsburghers are often referred to as Yinzers.

Photobucket
13th February 2008 09:27 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
How many GD Yinzers are on this bored?

Yinz is a second-person plural pronoun used mainly in southwest Pennsylvania, including Pittsburgh, but it is also found throughout the Appalachians. (See: Pittsburgh English.)

Yinz is the most recent derivation from the original Scots-Irish form you ones, which is probably the result of a contact situation between Irish and English. When standard-English speakers talk in the first person or third person, they use different pronouns to distinguish between singular and plural. In the first person, for example, speakers use the singular I and the plural we. But when speaking in the second person, you performs double duty as both the singular form and the plural form. Crozier (1984) suggests that during the 19th century, when many Irish speakers switched to speaking English, they filled this gap with you ones, primarily because Irish has a singular second-person pronoun, tu, as well as a plural form, sibh. The following therefore is the most likely path from you ones to yinz: you ones [yu wʌnz] > you'uns [yuʌnz] > youns [yunz] > yunz [yʌnz] > yinz [yɪnz]. Because there are still speakers who use each form, there is no stable second-person plural pronoun form in southwest or central Pennsylvania—which is why this pronoun is variably referred to or spelled as you'uns, yunz, yinz, yins or ynz.

In other parts of the U.S., Irish or Scots-Irish speakers encountered the same gap in the second-person plural. For this reason, these speakers are also responsible for coining the yous found mainly in New Jersey and the ubiquitous y'all of the South.

Yinz's place as one of Pittsburgh's most famous regionalisms makes it both a badge of pride and a way to show self-deprecation. For example, a group of Pittsburgh area political cheerleaders call themselves "Yinz Cheer," and an area literary magazine is The New Yinzer, a take-off of The New Yorker. Those perceived to be stereotypical blue collar Pittsburghers are often referred to as Yinzers.

Photobucket

13th February 2008 10:14 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

A face only a Yinzer could love.

Photobucket
How come the Nation did not take a look at him a couple years ago, instead they hire a Buc coach?
[Edited by TampabayStone]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)